Replacement gorilla glass?

Search This thread

improbabilitist

Aug 10, 2011
url

is it orginal touch screen , if not can someone guide me link to the orginal

It says OEM, which means Original Equipment Manufacturer... but then again... everyone can make a false product and say it's an OEM product.

Can anyone who replaced the glass of their Defy please confirm that it's still water resistant? That's the most important thing for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

vndkmr97

Feb 19, 2011
chennai
jstxplore.blogspot.com
i guess you mean spare parts instead of accessoires.

glass + digitizer: www.ebay.com/itm/170743084526

glass + digitizer + black plastic frame: www.ebay.com/itm/170743089586

the last one is more expensive, but easier to change as you dont have to remove the glass from your old frame and then glue the new glass on the old frame. so you just replace the complete frontside.

have oordered in ebay almost days of wait got a mail from them that your payment made is refunded , can anyone guide me another site rather than ebay glass + digitizer + black plastic frame ...

EDIT : indian sites are my first preference

ejstubbs

Jul 6, 2011
Edinburgh
...it's just scratch resistant...
No, it's not ;) Mine is scratched and I don't even know how and when it got scratched.
The key word is "resistant": it resists scratching - better than ordinary glass does - but it's not scratch proof. So it's still possible for it to get scratched, just less likely. Corning's data sheet for Gorilla Glass is informative. Note that they do not claim that it cannot be scratched but they do say it has "High resistance to scratch damage", and they also claim that scratch damage is less visible (see the photos on the second page).

If you look at Corning's "Products With Gorilla" page you will see that the world and his dog use it in the smartphones. That list includes just about every Motorola smartphone phone, so it's by no means unique to the Defy. Interestingly, Corning don't list Apple, although Wikipedia states that the iPhone was the first volume commercial use of Gorilla Glass, it having been sitting around waiting for someone to find a use for it since the 1960s.

maicomstoppa

Apr 3, 2012
dx. com/genuine-repair-part-replacement-touch-screen-digitizer-module-with-bus-wire-for-moto-defy-114774

Shipping free Worldwide.

configuration

Jul 18, 2011
The key word is "resistant": it resists scratching - better than ordinary glass does - but it's not scratch proof. So it's still possible for it to get scratched, just less likely. Corning's data sheet for Gorilla Glass is informative. Note that they do not claim that it cannot be scratched but they do say it has "High resistance to scratch damage", and they also claim that scratch damage is less visible (see the photos on the second page).

If you look at Corning's "Products With Gorilla" page you will see that the world and his dog use it in the smartphones. That list includes just about every Motorola smartphone phone, so it's by no means unique to the Defy. Interestingly, Corning don't list Apple, although Wikipedia states that the iPhone was the first volume commercial use of Gorilla Glass, it having been sitting around waiting for someone to find a use for it since the 1960s.

Very interesting.
After 8 months mine has a little scratch, however, if you don't know it's there, you can't see it

IckyAlbatross

Apr 20, 2012
motorola defy replacement glass & front cover

i bought a replacement front cover and glass i couldnt find anything about gorilla glass but will let you know when i get it

bone101

Jan 6, 2012
If I'm not mistaken someone here in XDA had already open up the Defy. Search and you find it. But you will need to replace the front casing as well once you opened up your Defy..

Or you can follow this site guide Here

I buyed a housing and a digitizer glass here : www.store-show.com

But it is not so easey to change/asamble the parts . A double bondet foam for mounting the mew digitizer.
But no foam material that sticks on the display site of digitizer glass.
You have to made it for your self or else.

That all for cost ca. 30 euro or 38 Us Dollar.

New housing in german motorola service center cost : 90 euro

Sent from my MB526 using XDA App

Last edited:

sdriverz

Apr 19, 2012
I looked a bit at some chinese world wide sellers like dealextrem, but no glasses, just another parts like touch module and extended battery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Trying to replace broken gorilla glass

Here is a video of me trying to replace the broken glass on my Defy. The replacement was successful although the final result got dirty from the glue I used.

A better solution would be to replace the whole front housing with speaker, glass and digitizer. Anyone knows where one can by a complete Defy front housing?
    yes it can broke, it's just scratch resistant, not broke-into-pieces resistant.
    i guess you mean spare parts instead of accessoires.

glass + digitizer: www.ebay.com/itm/170743084526

glass + digitizer + black plastic frame: www.ebay.com/itm/170743089586

the last one is more expensive, but easier to change as you dont have to remove the glass from your old frame and then glue the new glass on the old frame. so you just replace the complete frontside.