[Q] Google Play doesn't like Folio 100, how can I change its Play ID?

Search This thread

BuffaloxDK

Apr 18, 2012
Many programs refuse to download on Google play, giving me the message: This program is not compatible with your device.

I have hunted down the APK files for most of those, and they have all worked flawlessly.

This means that Google play essentially doesn't really work for the Folio 100 IMO.
But maybe if it is possible to change the ID to that of some compatible device like the Motorola Zoom or Asus Transformer things would be better?

Do any of you know how to do that? And which device name or ID is best for getting full market access?

I have installed CyanogenMod 9 Alpha 4, after much tampering, but I can't find the answer to this problem anywhere?

doragasu

Jun 15, 2011
I think you have to edit /system/build.prop file. I'm trying to also do it myself, but there must be a tricky way of doing it, because even with root permissions, I get "read only filesystem" errors and can't modify the file.

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
Don't know if it applies for this tablet but /system requires a app that can mount it as R/W. On my phone I've used Es File Explorer(free), Solid Explorer(free). There is also root explorer and a few other apps that do the same, all of them require SU. hope it helps

Cheers

kaivish

Nov 9, 2008
anyone knows the lines that need to be edited to make it look like a galaxy tab 10.1??