[Q] Help on installing Cyanogenmod on Xperia SP

Search This thread

Heishi Jager

May 6, 2014
Nairobi
Hi guys, I have the Xperia SP C5303 with an unlocked bootloader but the issue is I updated it and it's now running on Jellybean 4.3 Build number 12.1.A.1.201. I've done some research and got conflicting info as to whether I can root the phone and install Cyanogenmod. I'd really appreciate some help in this matter and especially if somebody can give me detailed instructions on how to root and install Cyanogenmod on this device if it's possible. Thanks in advance.:good:

Levered

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2012
Malaysia
levered.webs.com
Hi guys, I have the Xperia SP C5303 with an unlocked bootloader but the issue is I updated it and it's now running on Jellybean 4.3 Build number 12.1.A.1.201. I've done some research and got conflicting info as to whether I can root the phone and install Cyanogenmod. I'd really appreciate some help in this matter and especially if somebody can give me detailed instructions on how to root and install Cyanogenmod on this device if it's possible. Thanks in advance.:good:

Just flash kernel with cwm and then flash cm and gapps with wipe data and cache
reboot

Oblox

Oct 8, 2012
Maidstone
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
You need to flash the old 4.1.2 firmware first and carry out the root/recovery on that then do whatever you want after that.

People with unlocked BL may be able to tell you if theres a quicker way with flashtool to just flash a kernel with recovery but I dont know if thats the case.

Reactions: Heishi Jager

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need to flash the old 4.1.2 firmware first and carry out the root/recovery on that then do whatever you want after that.

People with unlocked BL may be able to tell you if theres a quicker way with flashtool to just flash a kernel with recovery but I dont know if thats the case.