[Q] Trouble with Deleting Music Files

Search This thread

NancyRotterdam

Jul 16, 2014
Rotterdam
Hi, I hope you can help me. My phone memory is getting too full, so I have tried to delete music files using HTC Sync Manager. It has worked in the past, but is not now. I have tried 3 times to delete files, but they still remain on my phone! I highlighted the files in Sync Manager under my phone folder, it shows that it is deleting in the little icon, however, when I unplug my phone from my computer, they are still there. I have also turned my phone on and off to see if that helps, but it didn't. Is this some new problem with Sync Manager and HTC Desire X phones???

Hope you can help! Thanks! Nancy

dansou901

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
Hi, I hope you can help me. My phone memory is getting too full, so I have tried to delete music files using HTC Sync Manager. It has worked in the past, but is not now. I have tried 3 times to delete files, but they still remain on my phone! I highlighted the files in Sync Manager under my phone folder, it shows that it is deleting in the little icon, however, when I unplug my phone from my computer, they are still there. I have also turned my phone on and off to see if that helps, but it didn't. Is this some new problem with Sync Manager and HTC Desire X phones???

Hope you can help! Thanks! Nancy

Have you tried to delete files using a file manager directly on the phone like ES File Explorer (just search for it on Google Play)? That should avoid the need of connecting it to a PC for deleting files on the phone.

Will_Xda

Sep 29, 2012
Leicester
www.youtube.com
As far as alot of space being taken up check LOST.DIR (i think) on your sdcard, it might have a few large files there that are corrupt (used to happen to me quite alot)