Phone Keeps FREEZING!!! What the heck Samsung?!!!

Search This thread

Singhman

Aug 16, 2008
My galaxy S freezes out of the blue, and i can't even turn it off. Sometimes i look to check the time, and noticed the phone is turned off. Both problems are only corrected by taking out the battery, and putting it back in...and then waiting for it to happen again!

Is this a software issue that 2.2 will fix? Should I exchange for a new one, or will all of them have the same problems, if bought from the same place? (Best Buy in Vancouver Canada)

Beowulf_pt

Jul 29, 2010
Lisbon
Thought you meant lag. Mine lags a lot (stock firmware) and sometimes "freezing" seems the word.

But no, that's not it. Perhaps you can try a hard reset and check your sdcard too, something isn't ok.

Reactions: powmik

TDS1234

Apr 26, 2009
I'm actually experiencing the same issue. My phone goes black and seems to be happening more in low wireless connection areas. Like in a mall. With the the *# code I get I9000UGJG9.

Last edited:

TDS1234

Apr 26, 2009
Its not LAG issues it a complete freeze issue. My phone goes black like standby mode and will not come out of it. The only fix is a battery pull or holding the power button for 6 seconds. The same issue as the op.

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
Its not LAG issues it a complete freeze issue. My phone goes black like standby mode and will not come out of it. The only fix is a battery pull or holding the power button for 6 seconds. The same issue as the op.

that is a factory defect

take it back, exchange it for a good one

this latest firmware is really good, you should not see anything like that

TDS1234

Apr 26, 2009
Allright will do. I figured as much I didn't want to bring it back I already purchased some apps. Guess I'll have to wait for my store to get some.

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
Allright will do. I figured as much I didn't want to bring it back I already purchased some apps. Guess I'll have to wait for my store to get some.

you do not lose the Apps

once you log back into your Gmail account in your new phone, when you go into Android Market, they will remain in the Download section

those apps are saved in your Gmail account, not in the phone.

that's the cool thing about the android phones

so if you ever switch to say an HTC Android, or a Nokia Android, you can still re-install those apps (assuming they are compatible)

TDS1234

Apr 26, 2009
Oh sweet I wasn't aware of that. I sold a couple of the Galaxy S and I'm the only one with this issue as of yet. Hopefully it isn't a common one. I've been trying my best to convert Iphone buyers in most cases when I'm sold out to get this phone I just hope it delievers for my customers and they won't have the same issue as me.

lgkahn

Mar 26, 2010
londonderry
Are u futzing with oclocking or changing CPU mode ? This causes hangs with black screen

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

mrfocus22

Aug 13, 2010
I believe this same thing just happened to me. Plug in my phone to recharge it (got it 2 days ago, so the battery still runs out quick) then tried to activate it and Lock screen wouldn't disappear when sliding.

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
I believe this same thing just happened to me. Plug in my phone to recharge it (got it 2 days ago, so the battery still runs out quick) then tried to activate it and Lock screen wouldn't disappear when sliding.

you do know you don't just slide

you have to move the entire picture of the "slide" out of the phone frame for it to unlock

if you say only slide it partially, it will just bounce back and remain locked.

if you have thick fingers it wont work properly

you might be better off using the 3rd party unlock screens, specially the kinds that needs no sliding.

Adevem

Aug 4, 2010
i have that issues nowadays too. randomly "freezes" on the black screen, i can call through my phone (ringing) but there's no notification / vibration or anything or sorts.

the only way is to reboot the phone and it'll randomly happen again after some time >.> and the call that i've just missed isn't showing on the call-log either.

i hope it gets better overtime or i'll just have to reflash!

ps. was fine before i tweaked my cpu settings in sleep mode, you might wanna disable that if you're using it.

sherazshahid1

Aug 11, 2010
Mine has the same problem and by the looks of things a lot of people have this issue. I called customer support and after sometime the rep admitted this and said it will be fixed in next build however I doubt that

Fatherboard

Nov 9, 2009
Then there are probably lots of diff units out there. The phone shouldn't freeze unless you are using a beta/alpha firmware (pretty unlikely - i've tested more than 10 different firmwares without a freeze), or set the core clock of the cpu to a higher & unstable frequency (OC). people claim that their phone can do 1.2ghz - that's nice, but each chip has a different capability.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thought you meant lag. Mine lags a lot (stock firmware) and sometimes "freezing" seems the word.

But no, that's not it. Perhaps you can try a hard reset and check your sdcard too, something isn't ok.