[Q] What do you mean with boot into recovery?

Search This thread

stepsch

Oct 20, 2008
The only way is to (re-)boot.
Recovery mode requires: the (file)system is not in normal use by apps or user.

It's like replacing the sparks at the engine of your car. It's not possible while engine is running and the engine bonnet is closed.

Reactions: mull54

jebise101

Jan 22, 2010
turn the phone off wait for it to vibrate or the LED's to go go off. Then Hold Vol Up + Home Button +Power all at the same time when you see the boot screen (black and white text saying Samsung Galaxy S I9000) let go of power and keep holding Volume and Home and it should boot into recover mode.

Be care full if you hold the home button to long it selects reboot device and you have to do the above again.

Reactions: mull54

mull54

Dec 29, 2010
Alright. Tanks! I didn't now what boot in to recovery mode was, but now i now, it's just starting the phone in recovery mode.

Jeneggler

Apr 11, 2017
My Samsung galaxy s7 did and update and now it won't turn on. I tried reset but all that shows up is a small blue recovery booting···
Which flashes on no matter how long I hold on to home and vol. Up

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The only way is to (re-)boot.
    Recovery mode requires: the (file)system is not in normal use by apps or user.

It's like replacing the sparks at the engine of your car. It's not possible while engine is running and the engine bonnet is closed.
    turn the phone off wait for it to vibrate or the LED's to go go off. Then Hold Vol Up + Home Button +Power all at the same time when you see the boot screen (black and white text saying Samsung Galaxy S I9000) let go of power and keep holding Volume and Home and it should boot into recover mode.

Be care full if you hold the home button to long it selects reboot device and you have to do the above again.