[Q] Account setup periodically appears when hitting back key

Search This thread

Sejanus

Jul 2, 2009
Breslau, Ontario
I just picked up my WiFi Xoom last night and am loving it so far.

One thing that is annoying though is that sometimes when I hit the back button in the bottom left I'll be taken to the HC account setup screen where they ask if I want to setup my Google account or skip.

I already set up my account when I first booted.

If I hit next, it will prompt me to re-enter my Google account name and password. I haven't tried clicking skip.

I typically just hit the recent app drawer or the home button to exit this.

This happens usually when I'm browsing settings, or after browsing settings and have moved onto another application and am trying to traverse backwards though my activities.

Anyone else encounter this and resolved it?

glitchexe

May 1, 2010
I had this happen to me as well. I just fully powered down the device and restarted it and everything was fine from there.

Not sure what caused it, but that fixed it for me. Hope it works for you too.

Reactions: Sejanus

SirLegolas

May 23, 2010
Yep... Picked it up from Future shop on Friday, happened the same to me, after a restart it has never showed up again.

Glad the Xoom finally made it to Canada! :D

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
This is because most android apps keep a history state for when back key is pressed. Sometimes you could be going back for ages.

Just reboot and the history is gone.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had this happen to me as well. I just fully powered down the device and restarted it and everything was fine from there.

Not sure what caused it, but that fixed it for me. Hope it works for you too.