Alternative to Spare Batteries

Search This thread

regP

Nov 1, 2010
Bay Area
I like a lot of people use my phone very heavily yet I don't have an opportunity to plug my phone into an AC charger until I return home. A great remedy to the problem is this handly little AA charger.

http://www.igo.com/accessories/powerxtender-charger/invt/ps002640004/

The reason I like it so much is because cheap portable battery packs usually pack under 1000mah of power. Thats not even enough to give you 1 full charge. And the more expensive 2000mah+ packs are often on the large side and well... expensive lol. On the other hand this little bugger is cheap and small enough to sit in my pocket without being a bother. What I find is the best part of it is the fact that you can choose what kind of AA batteries you put into it. I opted for Energizer rechargeable which are rated at 2450mah EACH for a total of 4900mah of power. Thats the equivalent of 3 G2x batteries. Keep 2 more batteries in your backpack/desk/purse thats an additional 4900mah. If that can't get you through the day you have more than just phone issues :rolleyes:

Originally bought it for my Vibrant but quickly found it was awkward because the the product doesnt come with a cable adapter. This meant it was hanging and putting much strain on the usb port of the phone. Out of fear of breaking it I stopped using it. However since the G2x charges from the bottom there is absolutely no problem espcially seeing as I bought a 20cm micro usb extension cable so that the charger can sit in my lap or on a table while using the phone.

Just thought I'd share this since we can't get legit replacement batteries yet and even when they do become available they will cost a pretty penny. Got mine from Staples but they can be had on amazon also along with the usb extension able and rechargeable batteries.

Last edited:

hire4blood

Apr 27, 2011
This one works very well, too:

Well I'm a new member, so not allowed to post outside link. Therefore goto

1. Amazon
  2. Duracell Instant USB Charger with Lithium ion battery
  3. Pick the very first one

You don't need to by batteries or an extra charger. You can recharge it via your G2x power supply or any computer.

regP

Nov 1, 2010
Bay Area
This one works very well, too:

Well I'm a new member, so not allowed to post outside link. Therefore goto

1. Amazon
  2. Duracell Instant USB Charger with Lithium ion battery
  3. Pick the very first one

You don't need to by batteries or an extra charger. You can recharge it via your G2x power supply or any computer.

I almost bought one of those until I saw how low the capacity on it is. Looks tiny though which is nice.

regP

Nov 1, 2010
Bay Area
Just received my Pebble XT 5000mah pack. Won't be able to put it through its paces till next tuesday. Upon first impression, i think im in love with this thing already. its small enough to sit in pocket without having much presence. extremely lightweight. and the cord is long enough to be able to have the charger in your pocket and phone in hand (thank you lg for putting the usb port at the bottom). All info I have read indicated that it really does output 5000mAh of power so even a heavy user such as myself will have no problem getting through a full day of use.

KRAZYADROIDMASTER

Feb 1, 2011
Just wondering how everyone's batterys are working out for them?

Also how many full charges did you get?

Also any likes or dislikes of product they decided to buy?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

whoamanwtf

Nov 15, 2008
Best Coast
That looks like something that might be good out camping or something where you needed to charge your phone without touching it. But I would figure actually picking it up and putting that much weight on he usb port a very bad idea... This should come with a extension cord to charge while using, even texting or something would be pretty difficult to hold both...

ImaxPower IMP500 (5000mAh) External Battery

I've used an IMP500 Rechargeable (5000mAh) external battery pack for a few years with great sucess. They make them as large as 11000mAh (or more?) and even have solar-rechargeable options. Just take a look at New Trent or other similar products on Amazon or eBay.

The best part about the IMP series is that they have multiple adapters for iPhones, mini/micro USB, PSP, DS, and other devices so you can charge your phone and anything else you might be carrying around with you.

Link to NewTrent for info on models
I'd recommend buying elsewhere because you can find them for 30-50%+ off.

Last edited: