cracked screen. need help with transfering files

Search This thread

dangitnghia

Oct 13, 2013
Hello all. I need help transferring my files from my phone to a desktop. The screens functionality is useless as I have a hairline crack in the screens digitiser. Usually i can transfer files with the micro usb but i have to unlock the code to view the files on desktop, since i cant use the screen is there any other way of transfering files??????????/

dratsablive

Feb 20, 2011
HARRISBURG
If you can connect it to your PC you can use the adb pull command to fetch files.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Free mobile app

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
Install a non touch version of Clockwork Mod recovery. I think there was one made a while back. You should be able to use Odin to install it. (You are on your own to find the .tar file)

Then boot to recovery and use the volume rocker and power button to control CWM (The old way of doing things) and make a Nandroid backup. Perferably save it to an external SD card if possible.

Now you can just flash the nandroid backup onto a replacemetn S4 and it will be like nothing ever happened. Or if you are switching to a different phone you can move the nandroid.zip to your PC and extract all the files you want from it.