Note 3 charging problem

Search This thread

dbairduk

Feb 26, 2011
Lancashire, UK
This morning my battery was dead and the phone was off.
When I used the supplied charging cable plugged into the wall, it shows the battery with the circle to show its plugged in, then goes to the battery with the green bar and switches off. It vibrates and then shows the battery with the circle and and then the charging battery, and does the same again.
When I turned the phone on it shows no charger is connected. I think it did show the power bolt in the battery after a while, but charged very slowly.
I get exactly the same with 2 different micro usb cables. Even when its stuck in this charging loop it is charging slowly as when I turn the phone back on the battery is showing a bit of green and not just ! in the battery,

I read on another forum a few people with the same problem, but they seem to be getting fobbed of and the cable blamed. I am 100% sure its not the cable.
So that leaves the port or something else in the phone.. But if its getting a charge from the cable.. it doesn't sound likely.

My PC does not detect it as a device though.

Anyone else on here experienced this?

If your computer doesn't even see it, and you're absolutely sure it's not the cable, then it's quite possible is the micro usb port, or the board itself. You can rule out the board by outfitting it with wireless charging past and charging plate. If it charges fine there its the port. If not its likely the board.

Alternatively, send it in for warranty repair or take it back where you got it.

Sent from my leanKernel 2.3 powered stock 4.4.2 SM-N900T

Reactions: ridzuan94

celderic

Dec 1, 2010
If your computer doesn't even see it, and you're absolutely sure it's not the cable, then it's quite possible is the micro usb port, or the board itself. You can rule out the board by outfitting it with wireless charging past and charging plate. If it charges fine there its the port. If not its likely the board.

Well said.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

dbairduk

Feb 26, 2011
Lancashire, UK
My note 3 are doing the same thing! I'm very scary. I don't know what to do.

Enviado de meu SM-N9005 usando Tapatalk

There where about 10 people with this on another forum, some blamed the cable but most said its an issue with the phone.. I was thinking of sodding the warranty and rooting it a few weeks ago too. Doubt I will be doing that now :laugh:

Reactions: lecomiquelin

vinodup

Apr 24, 2011
Mumbai
There where about 10 people with this on another forum, some blamed the cable but most said its an issue with the phone.. I was thinking of sodding the warranty and rooting it a few weeks ago too. Doubt I will be doing that now :laugh:

Hi everyone,
How didi you guys resolve the problem as i have this problem since yesterday.. kindly let me know the solution if you guys have it

thanks

darkshaft

Jul 21, 2013
Had same problem with my S3, and turned out to be USB port problem but to fix it had to change board, which I didn't do cause of its price, hopefully won't happen to my Note 3, hope samsung makes stronger and more efficient ports.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My note 3 are doing the same thing! I'm very scary. I don't know what to do.

Enviado de meu SM-N9005 usando Tapatalk