Rooting Lenovo S860

Search This thread

ppmal

Jul 28, 2011
. i am already in touch with you through lenovo forum......

Last edited:

chanur_000

Oct 22, 2007
Sorry. Today not laptop. Tomorrow I'll upload then to Dropbox and share the link

Sent from my Lenovo S860 using Tapatalk

chanur_000

Oct 22, 2007

kiralyk1985

Jul 19, 2014
I have an S860 (1GB) bought from China obviously and when I received it it had no gapps and no caller id in Europe which was annoying.
What I did:
1. Installed 4.2.2 ROW Version (also when I flashed it I put a custom recovery image TWRP 2.7)
2. After I flashed it I installed root and modem for 3G calls from custom recovery.

That's it, feel free to ask me any question!

Hy,
I have the same phone and I would like to install KITKAT. Could you (or somebody) help me a step by step guide? My phone has 4.2.2 and its rooted. (ROW version) I only find a guide about CN ROM update to kitkat. Did anyone manage to that? I would be very glad if someone would help me.
thx!

AgungMantab

May 7, 2011
jakarta
thank you chanur_000,

but my steps to root Lenovo S860 2GB RAM I have, as follows:

1 Install "TWRP_2.7_ROW" with "FlashTool_Tools_3.1320"
2 Once installed, directly into recovery (press and hold the Power button, Vol +, Vol -, and wait until the display TWRP)
3 After that I install SuperSU-v1.94 + Busybox_from_CWM_TWRP.

* Previous results I use the OTA update and to use flashtool just as flash TWRP recovery.

chanur_000

Oct 22, 2007
Yes, that works too, but i prefer use flashtool as less as possible.

hejsek

Oct 31, 2009
I rooted S860 1 GB by new version of vroot. It worked. Than I flashed SuperSU by Terminal Emulator. Now phone writes Loading on screen all the time. After reboot it is better for while. How to fix it?

krisak1973

Aug 27, 2014
Lenovo S860 "Security Problem" message

Hi,
can anyone advise me with the problem of messages that appear in the lower left corner of screen "Security Problem"?
THX

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-27-09-57-13.jpeg
    Screenshot_2014-08-27-09-57-13.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 798

LarryMusa

Dec 25, 2012
Hi,
can anyone advise me with the problem of messages that appear in the lower left corner of screen "Security Problem"?
THX
It seems like you have uninstalled Lenovo Security Center (SecureIt).
Try to install the original version.
It has solved the problem for me.

Attachments

• com.lenovo.safecenter_2014080618425400245.apk
    9.3 MB · Views: 1,314

P moonga

Nov 5, 2014
can you please write in more detail, I did not happen with my phone which is chines

I have an S860 (1GB) bought from China obviously and when I received it it had no gapps and no caller id in Europe which was annoying.
What I did:
1. Installed 4.2.2 ROW Version (also when I flashed it I put a custom recovery image TWRP 2.7)
2. After I flashed it I installed root and modem for 3G calls from custom recovery.

I tried the same thing but not succes, can u please elaborted...

P moonga

Nov 5, 2014
Rooting chinese version of S860 levono

What I did:

I am using Chinses version in INdia, which I upgraded after I bought it by mistake(from jelly bean to 4.4.2kitkat), Now the phone cannot be used exceppt for calling and camera and most of the language are in chinese, meant to be used in cina. How can I root it and recovered the application to be used in India.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry. Today not laptop. Tomorrow I'll upload then to Dropbox and share the link

Hello,

here is the link with versions i used:
    vroot to root
    TWRP flash it with mtkmobileoncle. Unzip TWRP files on sdcard root directory first.
    After installing TWRP flash supersu and busybox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lprupty3dphb2z0/AACZIEBcHWKdZ8GF0Q-QEtsta
    Ok. I don't have my laptop with me right now. I will upload it tomorrow.

Lenovo S 860 is the latest offering from Lenovo and released recently in India. It has a massive battery of 4000 mah and is the best phone for people who want something which has a lot of stamina and this phone certainly lives up to the expectations.

SInce I was unable to find a specific forum for this phone I am posting it in the general section.

This is specifically for people who want more out of their Android phones.

So here you go, to root this phone, it is very simple, use VROOT. It is a one click process and works perfectly, but the super user installed will be in Chinese.

http://www.mgyun.com/en/GetVRoot :D
    Thanks for posting/confirming that Vroot works for the S860 (and for starting this thread)- I'm about to purchase this phone later today. Is there any way to replace the Chinese superuser with an English one?

Edit: Just found this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1965781
    I root it on kitkat with no problems using vroot.