new update available 01/12/12

Search This thread

KestoD

Jan 12, 2012
sorry if its already been said but i didnt anyone post this. theres a new update available for our phone :) i would post up the link but its my first post, and unable to do so :(

HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.17.651.5

Enhancements/Fixes
- Security Update

Important Notes:
- The new software version is: 2.17.651.5
- The customer may initiate the update beginning 1/12 or wait until notifications begin being sent to devices on 1/17.
- Refer to the HTC EVO 3D Software Updates blog for install instructions.
- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available,
check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device.

and no its not ics :/

Reactions: pushin30

eXplicit815

Jan 10, 2008
Apopka, FL
According to AndroidAuthority.com: http://www.androidauthority.com/sprint-says-htc-evo-3d-to-get-ota-update-today-43976/

Sprint has posted that the HTC EVO 3D version 2.17.651.5 update should start rolling out today. It’s a minor maintenance release that addresses the following:

• Updated Peep client (to align with Twitter)
  • Battery life improvements
  • Security update

I know you guys with the HTC EVO 3D are dissappointed you aren’t getting Ice Cream Sandwich yet. Yes, HTC did say they’d start rolling out ICS updates for their phones in January, but you know how updates are in the Android world unless you have a Nexus. Now back to the HTC EVO 3D and it’s newest maintenance release from Sprint and HTC.

The OTA should start rolling out to devices today, but you can manually force the update check by tapping Menu > Settings > System updates > HTC software update > Check now. Once you get the update let us know in the comments how well it’s working out for you.

If someone gets this, get it to a developer ASAP to root so we can all update.

Kthxbai

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well crap, I went ahead and relocked, but now nothing will flash. I just keep getting looped to the Bootloader. I have to then power down and power back on and nothing has changed. I tried to do a factory reset, and it just powered down and booted back up into the bootloader again. If I thought I could get a custom ROM to load correctly, I'd probably try one, but I'm afraid I'll just keep getting thrown back into the bootloader. I'm gettin' too old for this. :) >

Lock it. Run this RUU, then you can unlock it again. Get the updates, flash recovery through fastboot, flash SU.
    battery saved probably due to deletion of CIQ running constantly LOL
    i did it this method evo-3d-all-things-root ota-update-safley-htc-root-method-hboot-1-5- but it killed my root thankfully i still had fastboot and twrp 2.0 i was able to flash a new rom now i need to find one compatable to the kernal

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

i flashed new radio kernal with app called flash gui then you can find a compatable rom and your ready i tried viper rom 2.1.1 but it broke my wifi so i am still looking
    I would have at least settled for a sense 3.5 update

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
    so it kills root?i got update notification but waiting to see if it kills root:)

Download(don't install)+post the zip :)