[ROM][GSM/CDMA] THE ARCTIC v3.0.5 (supercharge|ultraboost|maxspeed) - EternityProject

Search This thread

hugothebas

Nov 30, 2011
Curitiba
If you guys would have read the thread or used the search function, you woud have seen that we have discussed this problem over the last 2 pages...

However, I'd also like to know, if Shady already found a way/idea to fix that ... :confused:

Yes i have read those posts, but as long as no solution was released yet, I just wanted to say that the same problem occurs here. And what's the problem of we, that didn't discussed the problem in the last 2 pages, discuss it now? Maybe, by talking again about the issue, someone can figure out a way to solve it.

MattyOnXperiaX10

Oct 16, 2011
Didn't you just say in another thread that you fixed your phone?
And if you're going to criticize (which is perfectly fine if its justified), you'd do well to be a bit more specific.

You know what...I really wasent supposed to post that.I'll remove it straight away. Was meant to say is canI use this on my RAZR

All I want is a Good Stable ROM With Ics Theme On My Droid RAZR.
(651.73.30 XT910) if you got any suggestions for me please PM ME.
I used thr main guy but now on the RAZR i'm asking for help @_@

mcfisch

Yes i have read those posts, but as long as no solution was released yet, I just wanted to say that the same problem occurs here. And what's the problem of we, that didn't discussed the problem in the last 2 pages, discuss it now? Maybe, by talking again about the issue, someone can figure out a way to solve it.

As long as there isn't a solution, IMHO it doesn't make sense to keep reporting the the same issue again and again.

However, I have solved it for me now :D

As Shady already mentioned it seems to have something to do with the basic Moto-ROM-Version (I'd assume because of the differences between 2.3.6 and 2.3.5).

At first I had 651.73.23 (with Radio U_03.1C.85P), in which the issue appeared first after upgrading to TheArctic 3.0.5.
Then I've upgraded to 651.73.30 because of Shadys said this is the minimum requirement, but it didn't fix the issue.

Now I'm on 651.167.20 and the problem has gone, haven't done any wipes. Don't tell me about "best practices", it was a wittingly decision to try it that way - and it worked w/o any issues ;)

I'm talking here about my EU-device (DACH-retail), you'll have to find out by yourself which version you'll need (maybe 651.73.250 from here for LATAM/BR-devices?).

pty.ltd

Oct 18, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i dont have any issue with battery.. i m also in digi gsm =)

but shady, pls solve the chinese text msg bug.. i really need it

thanks for the feedback,

I think I may have worked out what was causing the suspend bug to occur and drain my battery...

basically I was using TiB to restore account settings from normal ROM to this one, I re-flashed the ROM and manually entered account settings and so far so good the phone drains far less battery when screen is off, will leave it off charge tonight to make sure.

hugothebas

Nov 30, 2011
Curitiba
As long as there isn't a solution, IMHO it doesn't make sense to keep reporting the the same issue again and again.

As Shady already mentioned it seems to have something to do with the basic Moto-ROM-Version (I'd assume because of the differences between 2.3.6 and 2.3.5).

At first I had 651.73.23 (with Radio U_03.1C.85P), in which the issue appeared first after upgrading to TheArctic 3.0.5.
Then I've upgraded to 651.73.30 because of Shadys said this is the minimum requirement, but it didn't fix the issue.

Now I'm on 651.167.20 and the problem has gone, haven't done any wipes. Don't tell me about "best practices", it was a wittingly decision to try it that way - and it worked w/o any issues ;)

I'm talking here about my EU-device (DACH-retail), you'll have to find out by yourself which version you'll need (maybe 651.73.250 from here for LATAM/BR-devices?).

You see know... If we had not discussed the problem again, you would have told that you fixed you phone :)

But I gotta say that i was already at LATAM 651.73.250 and the bluetooth issue still happen :/

I don't know why we, brazilians, have to wait more than the rest of the world to get such updates, that sucks.

shady_lanem

Aug 11, 2010
Borneo
Shady I got a question for U..... Do u think or through on ICS Artic ROM? Well I'm waiting for something extremely amazing after ur awesome 2.3.6 Artic ROM. I guess many of us are waiting for it bro... :D

I can start an ICS ROM but you'll have to update to the ics leak before you can flash the ROM because GB doesn't work on ICS and vice versa

ROM is great! Need a little more bug killing but overall is very good, I only encounter a problem with Motocast not willing to connect, any way to fix this bro? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using XDA App

Already included ZumoCast as an alternative. Just go to zumocast.com and signup

Nice rom but abit too "blue" for me
Good work!
Hope i can c isc in ur next build :)

just found a bug.. i can type chinese in a msg but i cant send it.. receiver cant c the chinese character

I've tried with Go sms and Go keyboard. Sending and receiving chinese characters with no problem

Thank you so much for the great work, I'm really loving this ROM except I noticed a few things worth mentioning:

- the bluetooth is resetting the phone when toggled on/off, this happens occasionally not always

- RTL is not fully supported, arabic letters are not connected as they should be, not sure if this may help but the following PSHAsiaRetail.en.03 ROM is fully capable of arabic support:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1441471

- and last but not least, theres some serious battery drain issues!! I believe its the infamous "suspend" bug mentioned here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1374967

funny thing is I noticed that it was fixed in the official 2.3.6 update and you say you've implemented full 2.3.6 in version 3.0.5 but for some reason the battery drain is back :(

anyone else experiencing this??

EDIT: i'm using version 3.0.5 GSM on DiGi network

terima kasih :)

Battery calibration after flashing a new ROM is always recommended. Best is to kill the battery to 0%. Then full charge it. Could you screenshot the arabic letter that's not connected. Because it's showing just fine on mine.

Sama-sama :)

Love the ROM, but is there an update for the latest Verizon version?

A fellow mate is working on it on my behalf. It's based on latest 173 official update :)

Yup that's actually what I meant. You need to be on 167.20 in order to avoid the bluetooth reboot bug. Sorry wasn't on xda for the last few days hence the repeating question for few pages :eek:

You see know... If we had not discussed the problem again, you would have told that you fixed you phone :)

But I gotta say that i was already at LATAM 651.73.250 and the bluetooth issue still happen :/

I don't know why we, brazilians, have to wait more than the rest of the world to get such updates, that sucks.

LATAM is close to Verizon on the update, which is slower than the rest. Perhaps due to America region

Reactions: leisures

rovirar14

Nov 21, 2009
Dmn Shady, I was thinking just flash it and that's it. Ur 2.3.6 Artic ROM its awesome and well, I'll wait till u have ICS ARTIC done to start from zero, then ICS ARTIC...... Sounds awesome bro, I'll be pending and keep ur great work Shady.....

pty.ltd

Oct 18, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Battery calibration after flashing a new ROM is always recommended. Best is to kill the battery to 0%. Then full charge it. Could you screenshot the arabic letter that's not connected. Because it's showing just fine on mine.

Sama-sama :)

Here's what i'm referring to, i'd love to know how you managed to get the characters to connect, do I need to flash the Asian ROM first then yours? wouldn't the asian ROM language settings be replaced by your ROM if I were to do this?

screen_20120216_1004.jpg

also is anyone else having trouble receiving files via bluetooth? it rarely works and my PC keeps saying the request could not be honored whenever I try to send.

Influxvisions

Sep 17, 2011
Hey bro, any idea how to fix MOTOCAST? looks like all the new accounts cannot be added. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA App

chaitanya2014

Jan 31, 2012
hey kolkh, i appreciate ur work...the rom is really good and i fixed the bluetooth issuse as discussed in the previous pages but..the only problem is the battery drain...i used battery calibration but even then im only getting 3 and 1/2 hours of talktime....from 100 to 0....please help..!?

baadshahpuneet

Sep 24, 2007
few requests

HELLO SHADY..FIRST OF ALL thanks for the awesome rom...it works nice for me...just have few requests
1.i use an app called "tap tap app" available free in market to wake device using proximity sensor.had it on my earlier phone too.with this phone it wasnt working in stock firmwares.tried asian and europe versions.it was not consistent but with ur rom it just works too good...saves my power button and adds convenience.i see tht u have done a proximity sensor mod/fix.just wish to know if u can make that mod into a zip file flashable in cwm recovery so i can flash it over any rom and get the "tap tap app" work efficiently.
2.i used antutu cpu master and underclocked the phone to 1000mhz and changed governor to ondemand(this wasnt possible in stock rom)..it still is speedy to use and its helped the battery life.what i need to know is if we can undervolt the phone too...had undervolted my defy and it used to last 2.5 days of moderate use.wish to do it wit this one too.
thanks so much for ur hard work..its really appreciated

Dorilife

Jan 25, 2011
Fajardo,PR
Just wanted to chime in and say this rom feels very solid, i just got my Razr about a week ago, last Moto device i had was a Defy about a year ago..

Was tempted to flash this since day one, now im wondering why i waited so long.

Anyways..thanks to everyone involved in this.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

xirnibor

Oct 22, 2009
Nice So Far

Just installed, seems snappy so far - is there any way to have more than 5 back-screens?

also, i get a force close error on motorola services, seems random and isn't effecting anything i can tell so far. i tried to do a force close in the app manager, won't let me -

Dorilife

Jan 25, 2011
Fajardo,PR
Just installed, seems snappy so far - is there any way to have more than 5 back-screens?

also, i get a force close error on motorola services, seems random and isn't effecting anything i can tell so far. i tried to do a force close in the app manager, won't let me -

The Motorola Service fc's went away after afew minutes..been running it since yesterday and not one fc or random reboot..

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

MBL85

Feb 9, 2012
Virginia Beach
Thanks for the awesome rom.
Just one problem I encountered - I couldn't get pdaNet to install correctly. It worked fine on the stock rom.
I can download it from the market and it installs fine on the phone. And I can also start the install fine on my PC. It freezes when the install on the PC is trying to install the app to the phone. I unplug the phone after it freezes cause there's no other way out of it and I get an error on the PC install that says "Failure to handshake with device". I'm guessing this is a driver problem. ?? I've tried all driver versions and previous pdaNet versions but nothing works. And of course I did the install correctly and I've got usb debugging checked. I've used pdaNet for the past 2 years on multiple devices and multiple roms. This is the first time I've ever had a problem with it.

Anyone else have this problem with this rom?

I'm a Verizon Razr XT912

manny05

Feb 21, 2011
I just installed this on my friends Verizon razr and put the simplicity theme. However, I noticed that Android OS is draining the battery. Its at 40% (battery info, not the battery.. The battery is draining about 10% or more per hour) as we speak. Is there any way to fix that? New kernel? Script?

Sent from my pimp'd out Samsung Galaxy S2

Last edited:

baadshahpuneet

Sep 24, 2007
i am getting excellent battery life with this rom..went over 2.5 days with moderate use...i keep data turned off when i am not using it.installed go launcher and go sms...froze lot of apps with titanium...now it drains just 4% overnight(8hours) connected to network...but data wifi off.just wish i cud undervolt it and it would last to 4 days atleast for me...thanks again for awesome work

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts