Anyone returning the Note?

Search This thread

robstunner

May 13, 2010
Chicagoland
Yea, i thought just getting 3gb a month was enough for me. turns out 1.8gb in 2 weeks is normal for me lol. thats not streaming and shows / pandora / GPS while on down time at work.

Last edited:

hausman

May 22, 2006
I used almost 1.2GB in the first few days. I think a lot of that was syncing a lot of email/contacts/calendars, downloading all my apps, and running speed tests. After that my usage dropped to more reasonable levels that I'm used to, probably a rate of 1-2GB per month.

Note to self - next time setting up a new phone, use Wifi for all the big stuff.

Spind426

Mar 1, 2012
Bigger the better!

So im assuming you made this post so a number of people would agree with you and say YEAH ITS TOO BIG EW... Im sorry but most users to post on xda are aware of the size BEFORE they order it. Its not like you order it than cross your fingers hoping you get a small one haha. When i return something its usually because of something i was not expecting (like the atrocious pentile display when i recieved my droid bionic) Something like that is understandable because motorola did not write anywhere in the specifications sheet that it would look like TERRIBLE! To be honest if i was a phone company i would refuse that return because that is just such an invalid argument, they list the size of the freaking thing EVERYWHERE. Ever heard of buyer beware?

welchertc

Jan 13, 2011
So im assuming you made this post so a number of people would agree with you and say YEAH ITS TOO BIG EW... Im sorry but most users to post on xda are aware of the size BEFORE they order it. Its not like you order it than cross your fingers hoping you get a small one haha. When i return something its usually because of something i was not expecting (like the atrocious pentile display when i recieved my droid bionic) Something like that is understandable because motorola did not write anywhere in the specifications sheet that it would look like TERRIBLE! To be honest if i was a phone company i would refuse that return because that is just such an invalid argument, they list the size of the freaking thing EVERYWHERE. Ever heard of buyer beware?

I'm pretty sure your logic for returning the bionic is just as flawed. It was definitely announced before the bionic was released that it would have a pentile display. And it was your fault for not checking it out in person before buying it. Also, the Note has a pentile screen, so what gives? Just like Motorola didn't write anywhere that it would look terrible in your opinion, Samsung also doesn't say it's too big for somebody's opinion. Same logic. So before you go and make one of those posts to rip on somebody, take a look at what you yourself have to say.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chiver

Mar 5, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
Honestly I wish the display was a bit larger. When I bought the Note I wanted to fill the gap between a phone and a tablet, and for the purpose the I717 has completely succeeded. I have abnormally small hands and I don't have a problem with the size. I find myself using two hands to type things out but I can use one hand if needed. I honestly wish the Note was just a bit bigger.

Driggity420

Jul 23, 2010
New Jersey
I have had MAAAANY phones just like most of you all probably have. But I could never keep one no matter if it had ICS or whatever else was the selling point for the particular device or no matter how many roms tweaks mods pixels or whatever else, I would get bored with it in about two weeks (and thats if I liked the phone!) Then of course I got the Gnote because its the new hotness and was thrown off a little bit of how big it was HOWEVER that wore off in about week and now I realize why I never like any other phone...THE SIZE!!! This is why I will never get another phone that is any less than 5" ever again. Yea I had a Dell Streak 5 but that phone was complete **** quality (stupid battery door design!) This phone is a damn keeper for real and the only phone ill give it up for is a new Gnote lol get this phone and give it some time and GET A SCREEN PROTECTOR!

Sent from my SGH-I717R using XDA

jev3gs

Nov 15, 2008
Cary, IL
I actually returned the Note after using it for 1 week. I decided to get a regular S2 instead. I did like the Note though. My biggest problem was battery life and reception. I would get about 13 hours out of it with about 2 hours of screen time. To me that was just way to little, my Cappy would get 3 hours of screen at least.

Also LTE was hit or miss for me, which drove me nuts.
The Note felt very laggy and I did even try OC

I will be back in about a year because i am already missing that beautiful screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

Vcolassi

Feb 1, 2012
Whitehall
I have large hands so this phone works fine for me. After having it for a week it feels like a Galaxy S2 to me :). I actually would like a larger screen Haha. Galaxy note 2 without the touch buttons to expand the screen size to 6" :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

chirs

Sep 4, 2009
Am I the first one? I returned my note because it's too big for me. Love the phone other than I can't make call with one hand, though I'll get use to the size, but after 3 weeks of use, I decided to get a nexus, now I feel much better now.

TASL

Nov 26, 2011
Los Angeles USA
Am I the first one? I returned my note because it's too big for me. Love the phone other than I can't make call with one hand, though I'll get use to the size, but after 3 weeks of use, I decided to get a nexus, now I feel much better now.

You're not alone.

Likes: I love the screen... LOVE the screen (don't care about the "black crush" which will likely get fixed by a dev or samsung at some point), the S-Pen had its uses, and the phone was snappy enough thx to DaG.

Problems: Battery life and pocketability, mostly the later. I have big hands (GF said the phone looked regular size when I held it), one handed operation for basic functions wasn't a problem... but I have spent the last 4 weeks constantly worried about dropping it while fishing it from my jeans, having it slip out of my slacks when I sit down, or popping out of the shallow pockets of my gym shorts (had the SGP Capsule case on it). The battery life... well, it was to be expected with the screen size and LTE - but proved the nail in the coffin.

Personally, I want technology to get a little further before getting another large form factor device (bezeless screen, thinner stronger composites, etc). Functionally the phone is awesome, but for day to day use it was too much of a shattered screen hazard.

Went from SGS2 to the Skyrocket (x4 looking for the elusive perfect screen) to the ATT Note...After 4 months, going back to the SGS2 on Monday... until the next latest and greatest phone shows up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ...you got a device that you knew was bigger. why would anyone that actually researched this return it based on a static variable like size
    Hi, is anyone thinking of returning the Note because of it's BIG SIZE?
    I can't get use to the SIZE.

I think there are more owners here who bought it BECAUSE of its size.
    Maybe because where I work I'm not allowed to have my cell phone but seeing people on their personal phones while working irritates the hell out of me. I understand if its a work phone but God damnit you have 8 hours or so that someone is paying you to work not play angry birds or words with friends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
    directed at me i guess? lol.

as i said, i use it in my own business...i don't work for a typical boss. i use the Gnote for 3 things whilst i am in a clients home or office: 1) Stylus jot's down notes (dimensions, the client's dog's name, price/quote, etc...) 2) Clock app has a timer so i can time how long my prespray is down for before i have to extract it. 3) to check the time.

i hope that doesn't irritate the hell out of you :D :p
    Thanx for the reply's guys

thanks for making me laugh guy:D
    I did. Not because I didn't like the phone but because I wanted to keep my unlimited with Verizon instead of 3gb for $30 with at&t. I'll revisit the note if and when it comes to Verizon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yeah you gotta be crazy to give up a Unlimited Data plan regardless of what other carriers have.

Galaxy Nexus & Unlimited Data > *

Edit: And Verizon don't give anyone crap about illegal tethering, yet.