[GAME][APK] Egg Catcher

Search This thread

longino07

Feb 14, 2012
Hi, I would like to ask for your help for our study. We created a game, entitled Egg Catcher, for our study/thesis. Our professor told us to post this game online to have an online evaluation, thus, we cant afford to upload it the market because it's a bit expensive for us. So we decided to post it here in the forum.

We kindly ask for your feedback, whether it is good, bad or if the game needs improvement, and also your comments about the game's compatibility issue. As far as I know, the game works well with Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.

I attached some screenshots of the game such as the Main Menu, the game itself and the highscore. I also attached the apk of the game.

This is for educational purposes only, thank you guys! :)

Attachments

• mainmenu.png
    mainmenu.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 222
  • gamescreen.png
    gamescreen.png
    103.3 KB · Views: 226
  • highscore.png
    highscore.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 187
  • Egg_Catcher.apk
    4.3 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:

einstein.frat

Mar 7, 2012
Force close on adding name on score, also can you make option to use touchscreen instead of accelerometer, it's to slow. on wildfire s

Qeegan

Oct 19, 2011
Egg catcher

Force closes after game and no volume contol ... G-Nex

Last edited:

longino07

Feb 14, 2012
Thank you for your comments and suggestions! :D About the force close issue, my partner, Pat Soo, already fixed the bug when entering the high score after the game. I've attached the new apk of our game, hope you like it! :D

_____EDITS_____

I tested it using my LG-P690 Optimus Net. :D

Last edited:

BowlingGuy86

Dec 12, 2011
West Linn
Great Start!

I checked it out using CDMA Razr XT912. I noticed a couple of issues among the other things that have already been said, (no volume control, posting name FC).

On the Razr;
1. The eggs fall all the way to the bottom of the screen, but, when they break they show up near the top 1/4 of the screen instead of on the "ground" at the bottom...

2. The sound buttons in the main menu, the sound button on the left works to turn off all sound effects and music, but the one on the right (Musical Note) does not work.

3. When opening the application, it goes straight to the high scores board instead of the main menu screen.

4. the rate of eggs dropping increases at a EXTREMELY high rate, this may be the desire of the developer but it seemed that after just a minute there were more eggs dropping than could ever be caught with accelerometer controls. (although contrary to other posts I have seen on this the speed of the accelerometer controls worked very well for me, quick and smooth with the Razr. Differences in manufacturing of each device and the accelerometers used in each could really cause some issues across a wide variety of platforms so a touch option would be a nice choice.)

5. Finally the last thing that I noticed is that if you press your "Home" button while still in a game it will not pause or even stop the music, so you will have to reopen the application from your app drawer to close out the game and stop the music.

I like this concept for a simple children's game and with accelerometer controls it could even be useful to help development of hand eye coordination skills. sadly as stated the wide variety of accelerometers in devices could cause a great variance of control speed, I think this is a really cool class project and hope to see more and more of these types of projects shared!!!

OVERALL RATING: Still sanding out the rough spots but... TWO THUMBS UP!!!

jerryhou85

Senior Moderator | Developer Committee
Staff member
Thank you for your comments and suggestions! :D About the force close issue, my partner, Pat Soo, already fixed the bug when entering the high score after the game. I've attached the new apk of our game, hope you like it! :D

_____EDITS_____

I tested it using my LG-P690 Optimus Net. :D
You should attach the version no. on apk and upload it to your OP. If not, ppl coming in will still download the apk in the very first post and report force close... :D

conquynho

Oct 24, 2014
Hi, I would like to ask for your help for our study. We created a game, entitled Egg Catcher, for our study/thesis. Our professor told us to post this game online to have an online evaluation, thus, we cant afford to upload it the market because it's a bit expensive for us. So we decided to post it here in the forum.

We kindly ask for your feedback, whether it is good, bad or if the game needs improvement, and also your comments about the game's compatibility issue. As far as I know, the game works well with Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.

I attached some screenshots of the game such as the Main Menu, the game itself and the highscore. I also attached the apk of the game.

You can send source code for me. Please!
address: gautrucnhe@gmail.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.