How many of you really use Screen protectors and Cases..?!

Search This thread

kibasscies

Feb 12, 2013
I use a BRANDO film protector for the screen (it is absolutely invisible and air proof) and Samsung official leather case (it is very resistant and smooth)

pocvitaldo

Jan 19, 2012
i use an anti glare screen protector, but it's horrible 'couse is too opaque, making the screen seem dull.

i dont reccomend them

leondestiny

Jan 12, 2013
Seinegald
i use an anti glare screen protector, but it's horrible 'couse is too opaque, making the screen seem dull.

i dont reccomend them

mr. i also use the anti glare atm... i cant bring it to heart to leave my s2 without sp's i mean well it feels alot better without any sp's and touch is better looks better but still -__- i use the matte they make picture quality bleh, im gettin new sp's soon heehe

dsixda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
Went a year with a screen protector on my S2, then last summer I took it off for three weeks. In those three weeks I got four scratches on my phone, two of them while it was in the car and it kept rubbing against the metal buckle of my work bag. Another time from sand, and a fourth time from hitting my coat's metal zipper when taking the phone out of my pocket.

I have gone back to a screen protector ever since.

Reactions: leondestiny

vj_dustin

Dec 7, 2010
uktopgear.blogspot.com
Was getting out of bed and pulled off the blanket and zoom went my phone just within a week of buying it down 4 feet on solid ground.
Had a Hard cover, definitely gonna buy a soft gel case now! I'm not a normal user :/

skarma103

Sep 9, 2012
used to use a screen protector took it off , all seemed awesome , then got a tiny scratch on the sceen , now it irritates me all the time , back on protector and a case :good:

vrwmiaris1

Feb 13, 2013
Thessaloniki
Απ: How many of you really use Screen protectors and Cases..?!

I'm using a matte one and its on his way to home a leather case

Στάλθηκε από το GT-I9100 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk 2

knuckleboi

Feb 14, 2013
i use clear screen protectors just to be sure and a capdase fuze

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

duykhang524

Nov 9, 2009
Use SGP ultra oleophobic it's invisible my screen looks naked with it and none of my friends knew that I had a screen protector. You should use one cause it prevents your screen from getting scratches and those scratches makes it crack easier when you drop it.

Disfected

May 31, 2011
I stopped using a screen protector the day I dropped my phone for the first time and the SGP GLAS came right off. Never bothered to put one on again because of the difference in screen clarity.

farhan_ds

Oct 25, 2009
i didnt used to use the case and screen protector, but started recently when got my S 2 a while ago. that proved especially usefull today as the wired headset got stuck in something while i was on my bike driving on a broken down under construction road with sharp pebles on it.. the set flipped out of my pocket, on the dirty sharp pebble road at high speed , and almost came under a cycle tire from another guy,.

i had almost my heart beat turned off, however , luckily, i ran back, and picked it up, and only a few screen protector tear holes on it and back was safe due to the silicon back cover.

despite the added bulk and an ugly appearence, the phone was saved from total demolition due to protection

lesson learned:

ALWAYS USE PROTECTION../ ( no pun intended :p)

hoqght

Dec 31, 2012
I had samsung wave earlier and didn`t use sp for more than year - not a single scratch since, im also no using it on s2 and so far there is no scratch on it too. unless you do something extreme or are super clumsy i dont see point in using sp.

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
I use a gel transparent case and a cheap screen protector. I occasionally swap to my leather case, but it makes the phone a lot bulkier.

Does its job well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

caliber2001

Dec 28, 2012
the topic is do u, not should i. so do u?

Sent from my I9100 @syiah5 using xda premium app

if U want2say thanks press the 'thank you' button below the post

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I dont use any casing or screenprotector.. and my phone is still 99% scratch free.

Coz I treat my phone as my 12th finger. No need for rubbers ;)
    I use screen protector and case from Belkin http://www.belkin.com/us/F8M137-Belkin/p/P-F8M137 and for the case http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=544797 and very satisfy with these .
    I use a case, but simply to prevent to camera lens from resting on whatever surface I am placing the phone on, the build quality doesn't warrant a case

Sent from my GT-I9100
    If I helped you, please hit the thanks button!

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

As for screen protector,I have one just for safety, better safe than sorry! I use the screen protector Samsung sold,I find it to be better than the third party ones in terms of clarity as well as endurance

Sent from my GT-I9100
    If I helped you, please hit the thanks button!
    For a case I've been using the Case Mate Tough for a while now, very good 2-layer protection and doesn't add as much bulk as say the Otterbox. I'm using a ghetto screen protector that I cut from a Playbook tablet protector I had laying around, works perfectly. :)
    if you really want a good one, go to Zagg.com i think it was, i used it for my Htc back in the days...:cyclops:
    Zagg is extremely durable, that's the good thing about it. It's very hard to damage, and it seems to be self-healing to some degree. Excellent protection, for sure. However, there are two things that I personally don't like about it. First, its surface is not completely flat and smooth -- it's slightly textured and kinda "bumpy". It's not a huge problem, but is a bit annoying sometimes, depending on the viewing angle. Second, it doesn't have a smooth glide feeling of a glass or some other SPs -- the surface has some friction and "catches" a finger, for the lack of a better description. Oh, and the price -- it's pretty darn expensive... I used it on my previous phone (it still has it installed), but I will not buy it again.