Hi All,

I have this phone:

Hardware : MT6577
Model : e1901_v77_jdt1_9p017_fwvga
Build number : e1901_v77_jdt1_9p017_fwvga_20121220
Build date UTC : 20121220-072424
Android v : 4.1.1
Baseband v: MAUI.11AMD.W12.22.SP.V15, 2012/10/08 20:09
Kernel v : 3.4.0 (root@abc123-desktop) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Thu Dec 20 15:21:47 CST 2012

Google play recognizes it as : Alps E1901_v77_jdt1_9p017_fwvga
The usual Note-II n7100 replica with 5.3'', with Android 4.1.1, 2 x 1GHz, 512Mb RAM + 512Mb ROM (the auction and the box however say 1.2Ghz and 1GB ROM... bloody Chinese sellers...)

I managed to root it as explained here:
xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38015722&postcount=90

And while I was trying to get 2.5Gb of ROM through a new EBR1 img, I think I have flashed the wrong image (the phone doesn' t boot anymore....). I made backups for boot,recovery and system but not for the EBR1 and MBR.

Would anyone with same phone share these 2?
I thank in advance.
Best wishes

Last edited:
Reactions: bennygmzglz

ricleal

Nov 6, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Anyone willing to help?

I just flashed the wrong ROM and the screen became all white....
Lesson learned: it has to be jdt1 and not jbl1 the ROM....
I wonder what these means: screen model?

zadock66

Mar 3, 2013
I have the same phone

Hi All,

I have this phone:

Hardware : MT6577
Model : e1901_v77_jdt1_9p017_fwvga
Build number : e1901_v77_jdt1_9p017_fwvga_20121220
Build date UTC : 20121220-072424
Android v : 4.1.1
Baseband v: MAUI.11AMD.W12.22.SP.V15, 2012/10/08 20:09
Kernel v : 3.4.0 (root@abc123-desktop) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Thu Dec 20 15:21:47 CST 2012

Google play recognizes it as : Alps E1901_v77_jdt1_9p017_fwvga
The usual Note-II n7100 replica with 5.3'', with Android 4.1.1, 2 x 1GHz, 512Mb RAM + 512Mb ROM (the auction and the box however say 1.2Ghz and 1GB ROM... bloody Chinese sellers...)

I managed to root it as explained here:
xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38015722&postcount=90

And while I was trying to get 2.5Gb of ROM through a new EBR1 img, I think I have flashed the wrong image (the phone doesn' t boot anymore....). I made backups for boot,recovery and system but not for the EBR1 and MBR.

Would anyone with same phone share these 2?
I thank in advance.
Best wishes

I have the same phone I think. I was looking to root as well. The problem I have with my phone is that I cannot get the GPS to work. Everything appears to work but I cannot get location in maps by GPS. I have assumed either the GPS chip has a fault or the ROM version has a bug in the rush to load jelly bean by the seller. I have installed the app. GPS Data to try and analyse what is going on. I know that A-GPS is working as I get approximate locations in Maps and the Satellite locations show up in GPS Data (typically 10 or 12 satellites) but the phone cannot lock into any of these. If your GPS was working then I probably have a physical fault and not a ROM bug. If you had the same problem then I will tackle flashing a new ROM

ricleal

Nov 6, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Hi!

My GPS was working. Now it's not because I don't have the right ROM.

Your problem seems common....Have you tried to tweak the engineer mode?
Dial the following code : *#*#3646633#*#* and go to Location. There's a few utilities that can help you.

Also this guy gives a few ideas: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2063255

And this one: http://www.talkingmobi.com/fix-gps-questions-fastcardtech-com/

Hope this helps!

If you have the JDT1 FWVGA version would you mind sharing your ROM with me?

I have managed to install the JBL1 ROM but neither the camera nor the GPS are working :(

Thanks

Last edited:

ricleal

Nov 6, 2011
Knoxville, TN
By the way if you want to increase your /data partition (if it's like mine you only have 512MB) to 2.5Gb (shrinking the internal phone storage which, if you have an external SDcard it does nothing), you can use this:
Mt657xRepartition_EN.apk : http://chinamobiles.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=24827&d=1358151587

Phone must be rooted for this to work!

Just install it, try to guess the english-russian on it: select 2.5GB, reboot in recovery and do factory reset (wipe data and cache).
It should reboot with a huge amount of space to install apps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tashaa78

zadock66

Mar 3, 2013
more on gps

Thanks for the responses. I am away overseas and WiFi access is not all that good. I am willing to share the ROM I have proving I can get some assistance on how. I will be home mid March and in a better position to get on with this. I hope to follow up then.
Regards Greg

ricleal

Nov 6, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Thanks Greg. That would be great! I will assist you with what you may need.

About the GPS. I managed to have my working with the wrong ROM. In fact the gps.conf was empty in my phone. I got this file from one of the links I posted above, then I did what they say: Engineer mode -> Location -> GPS click “on” (it will auto update data) -> Click view and waited a minute or so until I started to see a few green satellites. I did this in open air. No buildings around.

Best wishes
Ric

Last edited:

zadock66

Mar 3, 2013
updates

Hi Ric. looks like I have persuaded my seller to give me a refund. I need to return the phone unmodified. Is it possible to safely copy the Rom without rooting. I recall seeing a PC program that does this but I can't find it at present. I will have to do any copying by Wednesday next week if it can be done simplyregards. Greg

ricleal

Nov 6, 2011
Knoxville, TN
SP Flash tools - dump ROM, no ROOT needed

Hi Greg

Thanks a lot for your reply. I tried to summarise all the procedure below. The links you see are from my Dropbox so no security issues. I hope you manage to follow all the steps.

1. Installation of the of the MT6575 USB VCOM drivers
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljuco7d3efi7khk/MT6575 USB VCOM drivers.zip
And unzip it.
I had problems installing this, so I would go directly to the Windows hardware wizard and install it from there:
- Start c/windows/system32/hdwwiz.exe (as admin)
- Click next
- Manually select hardware
- List all devices
- Select the driver (for example usb2ser_Win764.inf)
- from the List select "MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port"
(or you can install other drivers from the list if Preloader is not enough… normally it is)

2. Let’s see if the preloader is recognised:
- Turn off your phone.
- Remove the battery.
- Connect your phone via the USB cable and wait for it to be found.
It should be found. You can also check in the Device Manager -> Ports. The Preloader Mediatek preloader should be there.

3. Install SP Flash tools.
Download it from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b295etf57v5gaq1/SP Flash Tool v3.1224.01.rar

4. Download the scatter file for this ROM (my copy): https://www.dropbox.com/s/frkg77bx1b4zg2m/MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt
Keep the same name: MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt

5. Open SP Flash Tool: SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224.01\Flash_tool.exe
Click Scatter-loading button to load the correct scatter file: MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt
and ignore any message that may appear.

6. If the phone is still connected to the PC, remove the USB plug, wait a few seconds and connect it again.
REMEMBER: Turn off your phone, remove the battery before connect the USB (and don't turn on the phone!).
The SP Flash Tool should show something on the bottom bar when you reconnect your phone.

7. Do a Read-Back (dump the rom to the PC):
- In SP flash tool go to the tab read-back:
- Click Add
- Click twice in the row created
- Add the file name as in the table below and OK
- Add Hexadecimal addresses for start and length as in the table below (don’t worry if SP Flashes add more zeros after the 0x).

Those addresses are based on the scatter file. For example, let's say that you wish to backup the boot image (BOOTIMG partition), taking into consideration that it begins on 0xf88000 and the next partition (RECOVERY) begins on 0x1588000, then the partition size is 0x1588000 - 0xf88000 = 0x600000 (You can type this on google and it gives you the answer!)

- Do this for all the entries in the table
- Once this is done, click on the “Read Back” button. If the SP Flash tools does nothing, just unplug and plug back again the USB cable (remember, no battery!)

Name Start adress Length FileName
PRELOADER 0x0 0x40000 preloader_e1901_v77_jdt1_9p017.bin
DSP_BL 0x40000 0x5C0000 DSP_BL
MBR 0x600000 0x4000 MBR
EBR1 0x604000 0x4000 EBR
UBOOT 0xf28000 0x60000 uboot_e1901_v77_jdt1_9p017.bin
BOOTIMG 0xf88000 0x600000 boot.img
RECOVERY 0x1588000 0x600000 recovery.img
SEC_RO 0x1b88000 0x600000 secro.img
LOGO 0x21e8000 0x300000 logo.bin
ANDROID 0x26e8000 0x31900000 system.img
CACHE 0x33fe8000 0x20100000 cache.img
USRDATA 0x540e8000 0x20100000 userdata.img

It should save all the files in the path you gave.

This link show some images of the SP Flash tool in case you may check the behaviour of the procedure: http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.fr/2012/04/creating-rom-dump-of-your-mt65x3-device.html

Now you can Zip everything and make it available on Dropbox for example.

Hope you manage to do all this.
Best wishes
Ric.

zadock66

Mar 3, 2013
No Success

Hi Ric,
No success with the procedure you mentioned. Basically I ran out of time and the seller was pestering me to return the phone. I had trouble loading the drivers in WinXP. They said loaded successfully but device still not recognised.

Where you might get help is from a guy Greg Tay. He is Singapore Chinese (good english skills) and seems to act as an agent for "FastTechCard" which is a Chinese seller for cloned phones. (A rotten company to do business with). He has a blog and has frequent posts on UTube and manages to reflash a ROM every time he has any issues. I suspect he has a collection ROMs which might be interchangeable with many of these phones. If you search Utube on Galaxy Note 2 clone you will come across him. He seems to use a Zopo rom a lot.
Thanks a lot for all your technical advice. I've got an old Chinese G10 Pad which is sacrificial to practice on.

Best of luck, Greg

ehsan90a

Apr 26, 2013
mbr .. ebr1

hi... i have this phone. and uploading files now for you. EBR1 & MBR. i backed up with SP Flash tools.
for more file for this phone please contact me. sorry for bad english
facebook.com/ehsan90a
Y! ID : ehsan_joke1369

Last edited:

ricleal

Nov 6, 2011
Knoxville, TN
hi... i have this phone. and uploading files now for you. EBR1 & MBR. i backed up with SP Flash tools.
facebook.com/ehsan90a

Hi!
Thanks for the files!
Any change you could make available your full ROM?
I woul realy appreciate it.
Thanks

okayasu

Jan 27, 2013
ricleal i have the same phone, and i need a full rom... can you post your images please! :).
I flashed a wrong rom using sp flash tools and now Im getting a white screen.
Maybe if you send me your system and other files i can fix it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ricleal

Nov 6, 2011
Knoxville, TN
ricleal i have the same phone, and i need a full rom... can you post your images please! :).
I flashed a wrong rom using sp flash tools and now Im getting a white screen.
Maybe if you send me your system and other files i can fix it.

Thanks!

Hi!

Still have not fully recovered my phone.
There's a chap who said he is going to try to dump his ROM. I'm waiting for it......
Check his thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2268740

ricleal

Nov 6, 2011
Knoxville, TN
can you upload your rom?? its better than nothing... when i turn on my phone, the screen became white

I managed to have the screen working again with a mix of ROMs. But still no cameras nor volume keys.

I suggest you to look up on google for the ROMs that I have in the image below. This partly worked for me:

Next week or so I can upload this if you don't manage to get your phone working (I don't have the files with me now.)

okayasu

Jan 27, 2013
I managed to have the screen working again with a mix of ROMs. But still no cameras nor volume keys.

I suggest you to look up on google for the ROMs that I have in the image below. This partly worked for me:

Next week or so I can upload this if you don't manage to get your phone working (I don't have the files with me now.)

I need my phone, but i see that its too dificult to look for all that files.
So i will wait for you to upload the files, thanks!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mbr .. ebr1

facebook.com/ehsan90a
    Thanks but it does not work on my phone.However I found on a russian website a workaround by sending atr"imei#" in engineer mode to the phone.
    There could be more useful stuff in this engineer mode...I wonder if there is a manual.
    Instructions are below, I used google for translation...not the best but you get the idea.

I also understood why this FWVGA drivers fail. there are at least 2 resolution under the same name, 480x854 and 540x960.
    My phone is 480x854 . Probably yours is the other thats why you could use driver xxxA.
    There must be a more generic drivers package where you can choose between all current drivers drivers and sensors.
    Probably is on chinese sites.

-----------------------------
    1. Enter * # * # 3646633 # * # *
    2. Choose: "CDS Information", "Radio Information", "Phone1"
    3. At the top field where it says AT + add EGMR = 1,7, "imei1" in enter string AT + EGMR = 1,7, "imei1" button and click "SEND AT COMMAND"
    where imei1 - this is your imei for the first sim card
    4. If you want to register for the second imei sim card, then in the same row is typed AT + EGMR = 1,10, "imei2" again and click the button "SEND AT COMMAND"
    5. Exit the engineering menu and restart your smartphone.
    -------------------------------------
    I finally did it!!! i made little changes in the rom 20130116_e1901_v77_jbla668_fwvga.
    Now it works perfectly on my e1901_v77_jdt1_9p017_fwvga!!

here the link -> https://mega.co.nz/#!9ZkihbzC!NbuLMUxQ6gV-uHEQMkNzlwcnLI1-ZN0xO1MrfAWF0fA
    Could you please tell us what were the modifications you did to this ROM? Does your camera work?

Sent from my e1901_v77_jbl1_9p017 using xda app-developers app

I changed lcd drivers from QHD to FWVGA using SP MDT, the 1gb modification was already in that version of the rom.

All drivers work fine for me. My phone is fully functional.
    Hi,
    I can not use recovery at all, the problem resides in that recovery menu you open with Vol+ & Power.
    Phone boots normal and does all functions (with known issues)
    When I try to do factory reset it does reboot then white screen and reboot.

It never gets to show green android cubes snake .
    Can be another driver for restore menu or program just crashes?

I can reach the FACTORY menu in chinese but I do not know how to use it.
    If you can point what file in in charge for this menu I can try to swap from another delivery

Thanks

use SP_MDT to flash your phone and CHANGE recovery files by this recoveryhttp://xdaforums.com/show...0&postcount=62

and Follow the steps

wykg.jpg

And chang the value of those

9d86.jpg

Choose a selection preloader

it will work good Except als-ps calibration and now u can press Vol+ & Power. to boot 2 ur cwm_recovery