[Q]Phone wont boot/Xylon Rom Help Please HTC ONE XL/Evita Telstra

Search This thread

Raff1234

Dec 8, 2013
So I Unlocked my bootloader with htcdev.com, used hasoons toolkit to get Team Win Recovery Project, Once again used hasoons tool to get superSU rooted, installed etc. I then made a backup with TWRP, wiped the phone and flashed the Xylon Rom which i downloaded from the OneXRoot website along with the google apps .zip file. I then booted into fastboot and used cmd to flash the boot.img file onto the phone. Now the phone boots into the grey xylon screen but does not get any further, just that flashing white streak that indicates "Loading". I have tried wiping and restoring to the backup i made in TWRP but then it just loades the HTC One screen over and over not booting any OS, I have also tried wiping and re installing the rom with the previous steps to no avail. How should i recover my phone to a usable state? I dont care what Rom/OS is on there i would just like to get it working again.

Any advice would be appreciated greatly.
Kind Regards, Raf.

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
Did you erase dalvik and cache?

Or you can do an RUU. And next time, use xda as a despot of knowledge. ROMs downloads inclusive

And next time, also post in the q&a section

Sent from my HTC One XL using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Raff1234

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
So I Unlocked my bootloader with htcdev.com, used hasoons toolkit to get Team Win Recovery Project, Once again used hasoons tool to get superSU rooted, installed etc. I then made a backup with TWRP, wiped the phone and flashed the Xylon Rom which i downloaded from the OneXRoot website along with the google apps .zip file. I then booted into fastboot and used cmd to flash the boot.img file onto the phone. Now the phone boots into the grey xylon screen but does not get any further, just that flashing white streak that indicates "Loading". I have tried wiping and restoring to the backup i made in TWRP but then it just loades the HTC One screen over and over not booting any OS, I have also tried wiping and re installing the rom with the previous steps to no avail. How should i recover my phone to a usable state? I dont care what Rom/OS is on there i would just like to get it working again.

Kind Regards, Raf.

Ok firstly I wouldn't suggest getting ROMs from anywhere except XDA. Other sites (especially OneXRoot) don't properly distinguish between phone models, put simply this leads to bricks. Secondly can you please post your bootloader details, it's pretty standard to do this when asking for help as it gives us the information we need to help you properly.

There could be a few reasons the ROM didn't boot but lets not get into that now. When you created the backup of your stock ROM which boxes did you check? You're s-on so most likely even if you checked the right boxes (system/data/boot) and then restored those partitions later your phone can't flash the boot partition in recovery which means it won't boot. I'd strongly suggest getting s-off, it has many advantages which we can get into once your phone is recovered, and at this stage there's really no reason not to have it.

The best way to recover and get your phone booting right now is just to flash a different ROM. You can download a ROM to your PC and use the mount menu in TWRP recovery to mount your sd card so you can copy it to your phone. If it's aosp just make sure you have the correct version of gapps to correspond with the Android version of the ROM (4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4). And obviously make sure you flash the boot.img via fastboot after flashing the ROM. Also make sure you perform a full wipe (cache/dalvik/system/factory reset) before flashing any ROM. Before you attempt to flash anything though I need to see your bootloader details as mentioned above, certain ROMs require certain firmware to be installed in order to work.

I mentioned before not to get ROMs from other sites, you actually don't need anything from anywhere except XDA, it literally has everything you'll ever need. The other sites generally just copy/paste from here anyway. Here is our device forum main page:

http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1538

Here are our two development sections:

http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1541 (mainly Sense ROMs)

http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1726 (aosp ROMs)

Here's the q&a section:

http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1572 (this is where your post should have been created)

Also if you click the Everything Evita link in my signature you'll find that thread extremely valuable. It contains links to basically anything and everything that's of any use.

PS. I'm reporting this thread so the mods can move it to the right section (q&a), please make sure you post in the correct section next time. Thanks!

PPS. Welcome to our forum :D

Sent from my Evita

Last edited:
Reactions: Raff1234

Raff1234

Dec 8, 2013
Ok firstly I wouldn't suggest getting ROMs from anywhere except XDA. Other sites (especially OneXRoot) don't properly distinguish between phone models, put simply this leads to bricks. Secondly can you please post your bootloader details, it's pretty standard to do this when asking for help as it gives us the information we need to help you properly.

There could be a few reasons the ROM didn't boot but lets not get into that now. When you created the backup of your stock ROM which boxes did you check? You're s-on so most likely even if you checked the right boxes (system/data/boot) and then restored those partitions later your phone can't flash the boot partition in recovery which means it won't boot. I'd strongly suggest getting s-off, it has many advantages which we can get into once your phone is recovered, and at this stage there's really no reason not to have it.

The best way to recover and get your phone booting right now is just to flash a different ROM. You can download a ROM to your PC and use the mount menu in TWRP recovery to mount your sd card so you can copy it to your phone. If it's aosp just make sure you have the correct version of gapps to correspond with the Android version of the ROM (4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4). And obviously make sure you flash the boot.img via fastboot after flashing the ROM. Also make sure you perform a full wipe (cache/dalvik/system/factory reset) before flashing any ROM. Before you attempt to flash anything though I need to see your bootloader details as mentioned above, certain ROMs require certain firmware to be installed in order to work.

I mentioned before not to get ROMs from other sites, you actually don't need anything from anywhere except XDA, it literally has everything you'll ever need. The other sites generally just copy/paste from here anyway. Here is our device forum main page:

Here's the q&a section:

http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1572 (this is where your post should have been created)

Also if you click the Everything Evita link in my signature you'll find that thread extremely valuable. It contains links to basically anything and everything that's of any use.

PS. I'm reporting this thread so the mods can move it to the right section (q&a), please make sure you post in the correct section next time. Thanks!

Sent from my Evita

Hi, thanks for the tips about Son/Off I plan on doing that later,I figured out i could put a new rom on using the mount function in TWRP, I successfully loaded cyanogen nightly onto my phone and it is working great, however i flashed the gapps aswell but when I booted my phone i had to manually install the play store, maps, and other google services. When i made a backup I believe i ticked all the correct boxes, and i always cleared the cache, etc.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Raff.

Raff1234

Dec 8, 2013
You had to install Play Store? Or you had to install apps from the Play Store? Which ROM and which gapps package did you flash?

Sent from my Evita

I installed CM10.2 Nightly (The .zip is called cm-10.2-20130821-NIGHTLY-evita) and gapps 4.3, I got these from the OneXRoot site unfortunately. I did this before I checked on the thread again and saw that these other sites were not the best/reliable things to use. I had to install the play store from my browser, I just googled play store download and installed it, then proceeded to install all my other apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you erase dalvik and cache?

Or you can do an RUU. And next time, use xda as a despot of knowledge. ROMs downloads inclusive

And next time, also post in the q&a section

Sent from my HTC One XL using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Are you Soff?
    I believe Xylon uses the 3.4 kernel which required S off and running the 3.18 RUU beforehand.

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Kind Regards, Raf.

Here's the q&a section:

Sent from my Evita
    You had to install Play Store? Or you had to install apps from the Play Store? Which ROM and which gapps package did you flash?

Sent from my Evita