Xperia U-not turning on, red LED stay 1 second only

Search This thread

nyunyun

May 20, 2013
Hi guys,

I am currently trying to repair my friend's ST25i Xperia U, he encountered random crash and the phone won't turn on. I have tried to charge the phone but no reaction from the phone itself. if I pressed the lock button it only turn on the red LED for a second and nothing happens. I think I am having a problem with the kernel that it won't let the battery charged.

I am familiar with flash tool, when I tried to flash the device will not get into either fast boot or flash mode. IF i connect the phone to PC via USB(holding down up/down for either fastboot or flashmode), it only turn the red LED for a second.

anyone can help? I am currently trying to only charge the battery via universal battery charger, hoping that it is charged and can enter fast boot or flash mode so i can flash the device.

my friend said that it was running android 2.3.6, having a problem and sent to repair center upgraded into 2.3.7, then this random crash happened. I want to flash it to ICS by the way. I had the stock rom ready to flash.

Is there any flashing method that does not require a battery?

sorry for the long post, I hope you guys can help me with flashing :D:D:D

May 18, 2013
Ahmedabad
Hi guys,

I am currently trying to repair my friend's ST25i Xperia U, he encountered random crash and the phone won't turn on. I have tried to charge the phone but no reaction from the phone itself. if I pressed the lock button it only turn on the red LED for a second and nothing happens. I think I am having a problem with the kernel that it won't let the battery charged.

I am familiar with flash tool, when I tried to flash the device will not get into either fast boot or flash mode. IF i connect the phone to PC via USB(holding down up/down for either fastboot or flashmode), it only turn the red LED for a second.

anyone can help? I am currently trying to only charge the battery via universal battery charger, hoping that it is charged and can enter fast boot or flash mode so i can flash the device.

my friend said that it was running android 2.3.6, having a problem and sent to repair center upgraded into 2.3.7, then this random crash happened. I want to flash it to ICS by the way. I had the stock rom ready to flash.

Try installing the latest version of flashtool and install drivers for xperia u manually

Load the stock ics ftf in flashtool.
when it asks to connect the cable
HOLD volume down key and connect
and then flash rom.

The_Ace

Dec 24, 2012
Coimbatore
Hi guys,

there is no way you can flash the phone without battery and the is the led flashing 3 times when you press the power button?
the problem is with the kernal and it is not charging the phone in offline mode and the only way is to use the Universal charger or flash the phone by using any other battery from a similar phone:( report after you do it

nyunyun

May 20, 2013
Try installing the latest version of flashtool and install drivers for xperia u manually

Load the stock ics ftf in flashtool.
when it asks to connect the cable
HOLD volume down key and connect
and then flash rom.

well i did all the things you mentioned, but to no avail. the red led only blink 1 second and nothing else happens. the device also not connecting in flash mode. any luck with this?

nyunyun

May 20, 2013
there is no way you can flash the phone without battery and the is the led flashing 3 times when you press the power button?
the problem is with the kernal and it is not charging the phone in offline mode and the only way is to use the Universal charger or flash the phone by using any other battery from a similar phone:( report after you do it

:( well the universal chraging method did not work, and no one uses xperia U here. hard to find a battery. can you confirm if using battery from similar phone will work?

regarding the led--it only flashes once, and red. this happens when it is plugged into pc/charger.

The_Ace

Dec 24, 2012
Coimbatore
:( well the universal chraging method did not work, and no one uses xperia U here. hard to find a battery. can you confirm if using battery from similar phone will work?

regarding the led--it only flashes once, and red. this happens when it is plugged into pc/charger.

Remove the battery out of the device and leave it for an hour without the battery and after that press and hold the power button for 60seconds (without the battery) after that insert the battery and try to enter flash mode "have the FLASHTOOL ready to flash a rom"

IF it doesn't work

Just as a last try you can TRY REPAIR using Sony Update Service(SUS) and if it doesn't work either you have to report the service center... they will help you and if it is still under warrenty you can get it done for free too...

Last edited:

androidous

Nov 14, 2013
colombo
battery drained

have you done anything that couldve drained the battery fully ? if so the solution is to continuously charge it ... it might take upto 16 hours or more happened to mine now fixed ;)