[Q] DEFY MB525 - update to 4.4

Search This thread

Proverbs2

Feb 1, 2012
Well in fact I have a little problem.
I no longer have the superuser application.
How can I root the phone again ?

The rom is already rooted. Do you mean that you don't see the Superuser app in the app tray? That's normal, and it doesn't mean that Superuser isn't installed. You can access the superuser app in settings > Superuser. If you don't see it there, you can enable it by going to Developer options > Root access. (If you don't see Developer options under settings, you can enable that by tapping 7 times on the build number under "about phone.")

Reactions: limonair

limonair

Feb 3, 2011
Lyon
The rom is already rooted. Do you mean that you don't see the Superuser app in the app tray? That's normal, and it doesn't mean that Superuser isn't installed. You can access the superuser app in settings > Superuser. If you don't see it there, you can enable it by going to Developer options > Root access. (If you don't see Developer options under settings, you can enable that by tapping 7 times on the build number under "about phone.")

Thanks you.
I found this in the meantime. I used to have the superuser app and when I saw it was not here I thought it was the origin of my problem (an app requiring root and doesn't getting it).
But then I found the menu option and allowed the app to get root.

About the developper options, I searched a little bit before finding that I had to tap 7 times on le build number to get the menu. So thank you again, for those who will know it through this thread (if there are some) !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You mean the previous one (GApps_4.4.1_signed.zip) ?

No, don't use the standard gapps. It's too large and fills up the /system partition. Instead, use banks Core gapps (the file called "12-14_GApps_Core_4.4.2_signed.zip").

Edit: Since you've already tried flashing the standard gapps, your system partition is probably full now. Here's what I'd recommend:

Go into Team Win (TWRP) recovery, and wait at least 30 seconds to make sure that it is behaving in a stable way. (Sometimes TWRP reboots suddenly within the first 20 seconds or so. It's a known bug.) Then flash safewipe.zip to wipe your system, cache, and data partitions. Then flash CM11, followed by the 03.01.14 Update, followed by Core gapps.
    TWRP is the name of the recovery. I'll dumb it down for you.
    Follow this procedure.

1. Go to the normal recovery (reboot phone, when blue LED lights up, press volume down. Then select custom or stable recovery.)
    2. Download this zip to SD card and Install -
    http://d-h.st/dWr .
    3. Now reboot and press volume down when LED becomes blue.
    4. Now, install this from SD card - http://d-h.st/dz8.
    5. Immediately install the KitKat zip and then gapps. Also flash the update to the 29-12 build.
    6. Reboot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I've had the exact same problem like OP...and I can confirm that this order of things works!

4.4.2 KitKat on Motorola Defy+
    Well in fact I have a little problem.
    I no longer have the superuser application.
    How can I root the phone again ?