[Q] KatKiss 4.4.2 - Reboots unless actively using the tablet

Search This thread

fire-blade

Aug 18, 2009
Hi all,

I have a problem with my slider and KatKiss ROM.

I was previously running Revolver ROM, so i flashed TWRP 2.6.3.9 as mentioned in the SL101 developement post.
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2286166

Wiped cache/data/formatted etc.

Then i flashed KatKiss-4.4.2_019.zip from the first post in the KatKiss thread and rebooted into the ROM fine.

Then i flashed GAPPS and KatKiss-4.4.2_019-sl101-compat-V2.zip from the KatKiss thread, rebooting inbetween each flash.

The ROM loads fine, and is nice and smooth.

My problem is that my slider keeps rebooting. It seems to be fine all the time i am actively using the tablet, but if i leave it idle for around 15-20 seconds, the device reboots itself. If i press the power button to put it to sleep, i am unable to wake it and then it reboots about 20 seconds later - it just constantly reboots.

Does anyone else have this problem? Have i missed something?
I hope there is somebody far cleverer than myself that can offer a solution as the tablet seems to run great when it's not rebooting and would give my slider a whole new lease of life.

I should also mention that i have downloaded the ROM a couple of times and verified the MD5 each time and i also have the same problem whether i install just them ROM (without installing GAPPS, or the sl101 compatibility pack).

Thanks for any help,

Regards,

Rob

fire-blade

Aug 18, 2009
Since i posted my problem with the Slider boot looping, I have discovered that when the slider is kept connected to the mains, the boot loop doesn't happen and i can happily put the tablet into standby and wake it up without it rebooting.

Any ideas of possible solutions?