[Q] phliz installation

Search This thread

gilhaba

Feb 27, 2014
Hi,
I have n7100 phone(non lte)
I have phliz recovery (t0lte mode by mistake)
and i need to install the phliz recovery (regular n7100 mode, zip file) from the recovery itself.
can it be done?
if so , how do i do it, in-order not to get in to loop or something.

Thanks for your help.

gilhaba

Feb 27, 2014
Flash this zip as you would flash any other and your problem's solved.[/QUOTE]

Hi,
Thanks for the reply,
I've tried to flash via zip the appropriate version before you replied (philz_touch_6.07.9 n7100 zip)
And again got a message that the package is for n7100 and mydevice
is t0lte.

Will your link be different?

i took it to the store for checking, and they said that they tried to install stock rom but its not booting... strange.
is this can happen because i installed a wrong recovery and did format /system ?

Last edited:

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
download the right file for your device.
move to YOUR.zip\META-INF\com\google\android\ and extract the "updater-script"
now remove all getprop lines from it (if you are on Windows you MUST use Notepad++ to do this) - and safe it.

example:
Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "p3110" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "p3110" ||
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-P3110" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-P3110" ||
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "espressowifi" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "espressowifi" ||
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "espressowifixx" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "espressowifixx");

Now replace the updater-script inside the zip (e.g. using 7-zip) and flash it in recovery - it´won´t check if you use the right file now.
Reboot your recovery.

in generall you can brick your device flashing a recovery for a differet device... e.g. you EFS can be overwritten.... partition-layout different on different devices ;)

Last edited:

gilhaba

Feb 27, 2014
download the right file for your device.
move to YOUR.zip\META-INF\com\google\android\ and extract the "updater-script"
now remove all getprop lines from it (if you are on Windows you MUST use Notepad++ to do this) - and safe it.

example:
Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "p3110" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "p3110" ||
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-P3110" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-P3110" ||
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "espressowifi" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "espressowifi" ||
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "espressowifixx" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "espressowifixx");

Now replace the updater-script inside the zip (e.g. using 7-zip) and flash it in recovery - it´won´t check if you use the right file now.
Reboot your recovery.

in generall you can brick your device flashing a recovery for a differet device... e.g. you EFS can be overwritten.... partition-layout different on different devices ;)

Dear Android-Andi,
Inorder not to make the mistake again,
Can you redirect me to where I can download cwm 6.0.4.5 and
above for my gt-n7100 device (not lte) ?

Btw, why when I try to flash via the recovery, it thinks that my device
is not n7100? How come the getprop command gets t0lte?
Tanks a lot for helping.

Last edited:

gilhaba

Feb 27, 2014
Dear KIYOSH,

Thanks for the redirection.

What about my last question?
How come it thinks its t0lte? Just because of the
recovery that i flashed that it was for t0lte?

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Dear KIYOSH,

Thanks for the redirection.

What about my last question?
How come it thinks its t0lte? Just because of the
recovery that i flashed that it was for t0lte?

Yes, that´s why... removeing the getprop lines from the updater-script makes the recovery.zip flashable because it can not check if the file is only for the device ;)

You can also try this:
Download a flashable Recovery ZIP for your device.
Unpack the recovery.img from the Zip.
Now you can flash the recovery.img using Flashify

Another solution:
Download a Odin flashable Recovery for your device and flash it in Download-Mode using Odin.

Edit:
Odin-flashable *.tar.md5 can be downloaded here too http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/n7100