Stay Away from Ghost Armor...

Search This thread

sandiegopaneraiguy

Jul 5, 2011
San Diego, CA
Yesterday I happened to be in the local mall with my 1 week old Sprint SGT and the guys at Ghost Armor flagged me down to sell me their product.
After listening to the sales talk, I decided to go with the Carbon Fiber back cover normal clear front.
20 minutes later I return and see the guy finishing the install by using an exacto knife around the camera on the back of the Tab. He hands it to me and it looks like my 5 year old son cut this out with a set of children scissors. The straight edges are not straight, the corners are a series of three straight cuts and he cut the circles out for the camera AFTER it was on using an exacto knife.
I tell him Im not happy and he says he will do it again.
Come back 20 minutes later and its just as bad as the first time. He says that they do not have the pre-cut SGT kit in carbon fiber and that he will order one and call me in two weeks when he has it. I tell him this is unacceptable and I want a refund.
He refuses to give me a refund stating that custom work is not refundable. I am not sure how this is legal given they have you pay before even seeing the product. After about ten minutes of heated discussion I ask for their names so I can contact their corporate customer service and all three employees refuse to tell me their names.
I tell the most loud of the three that I would like him to call security thinking a rent-a-cop could at least compel them to give me their names. He goes completely off the handle, starts SCREAMING " SECURITY, SECURITY". About 2 minutes later the security guard shows up and panics because the Ghost Armor employee is swearing, waving his arms and circling the kiosk like a rabid rhino.
He calls the local police department...
They must have been in the mall because they arrived quicker than the security guard and explain to me that they cannot compel the employees to provide their names, and that they will make a record of the incident.
I was also stopped by another mall customer who said she had recorded the entire thing on her camera phone and that she would email me the video so I could use it against the employees if I chose to take them to small claims court.
Today I received the video and its incredible... Alot of what the employee was doing/saying I did not catch when it was actually happening.
Needless to say, I came home an peeled the carbon fiber sticker off and sure enough there are two sets of CUTS around each of the circles for the camera.
I am not sure if corporate will provide any assistance, but at this point I am displeased enough to take this as far as I can.

ranchosteve

Feb 23, 2006
Los Angeles
Oh man that suxs, I ordered a cheapo skin from ebay for $5. Still haven't recived it. It would be funny to see that video.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
I'm pretty sure they are required to give you there first name and employment identification number.

I feel for you bro, hopefully they compensate and all goes well.

PS, I also would like to see the video..

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App

conchchowder

Nov 20, 2007
Lauderhill, Florida
This happened to me with my Samsung Omnia II prior to going to Europe for the summer. I stopped by their booth and they said they had the kit. I went to get some Euros from the currency exchange so I'd have some cash in Paris and came back to see my unit drying in a box. He removed it and I examined the fit. Sorry, nothing was right...I told him I wasn't happy and he said he couldn't refund as well...I took my phone, messaged Ghost Armor, they called him, and I got my money back for the product AND the labor (which is HIS money).

kable

Nov 17, 2007
Silicon Valley
I had Ghost Armor installed ( full body ) for me 2 days ago for my Sensation and I love it. Have personally never felt a better screen protector.

No finger prints, no sluggishness when swiping the screen like the Zagg Shield and very thin. I cannot tell it is on the front screen.

Maybe it was just a bad install but they do a free redo within the first 7 days and after that its 5.00 for the front and 10.00 for back for life of phone.

Oakridge Mall Kiosk in San Jose if anyone cares.

sandiegopaneraiguy

Jul 5, 2011
San Diego, CA
My issue is not with the quality of the clear plastic, or even the quality of the carbon fiber material used. My issue is with the employees using scissors and exacto knives to carve up the material AND my phone/TAB.
Im sure if they had used a factory/pre/computer cut piece of material the end result would have been better.
If you wish to have some 18-22 year old with an exacto knife carving up your device, be my guest. But I would prefer to keep these people away from my property.

bikrame

Jun 10, 2010
New York City
I had Ghost Armor on my hd2 and i really loved it. I guess for you its because of that employee not of Ghost Armor.
They put some unskilled employee on job with cheap labor price so that happened.
I am sure if u search online you will get customer service number to complain about them and company will find out who were they.

kable

Nov 17, 2007
Silicon Valley
Last edited:

sandiegopaneraiguy

Jul 5, 2011
San Diego, CA
They have a pattern specifc to the Galaxy Tab, My vendor did atleast.

http://www.ghost-armor.com/Samsung/Galaxy_Tab_GSM.html

http://www.ghost-armor.com/Samsung/Galaxy_Tab_CDMA.html

If you saw the guy cutting it up why didn't you say something, besides you normally pay afterwards so why pay and not just tell him it looked like crap?

Thats like getting a bad haircut and leaving after paying even though you know you got jacked up.

Well, you are partially correct... They do have the pattern specific to the SGT. BUT they do not have the carbon fiber available. It is expected to be available in 2 weeks. Right now they only have the matte finish and standard clear finish.
Secondly, this particular kiosk requires payment IN ADVANCE.

Today I was contacted by Ghost Armor after sending in an email on Friday through their Web site. Ghost Armor listened to the story and forwarded my information to the company that actually owns the kiosk (they are franchises, and not owned or operated by Ghost Armor directly). The district manager called me at about 1pm and said he was on his was to the mall to speak to the employees. We discussed the details and I was told that I would receive a full refund, plus he would personally install the carbon fiber cover as soon as it is available.
I spoke to him again at 6pm and he had terminated both employees after speaking to them and to others who had seen what happened. It also seems that he has a slight "inventory problem" and that the employee was pocketing the money when people paid with cash.
The video will not be shown as I made an agreement with them to update this thread (it seems someone informed them of my post) with the updated information.
As I said before, I had no issue with the product. It seems to be a quality material that will offer the stated protection when installed properly. He also informed me that it was their company policy that the employees NEVER hand cut ANYTHING. If the kit is not in stock, they are to take the customers name and call them when it has arrived.
All things said, it just sounds like they had a couple minimum wage employees who were stealing from them and treating their customers poorly. As of this evening, they have made the necessary changes.

Reactions: pelago

natious

Dec 22, 2010
Melbourne
www.facebook.com
Well, you are partially correct... They do have the pattern specific to the SGT. BUT they do not have the carbon fiber available. It is expected to be available in 2 weeks. Right now they only have the matte finish and standard clear finish.

Today I was contacted by Ghost Armor after sending in an email on Friday through their Web site. Ghost Armor listened to the story and forwarded my information to the company that actually owns the kiosk (they are franchises, and not owned or operated by Ghost Armor directly). The district manager called me at about 1pm and said he was on his was to the mall to speak to the employees. We discussed the details and I was told that I would receive a full refund, plus he would personally install the carbon fiber cover as soon as it is available.
I spoke to him again at 6pm and he had terminated both employees after speaking to them and to others who had seen what happened. It also seems that he has a slight "inventory problem" and that the employee was pocketing the money when people paid with cash.
The video will not be shown as I made an agreement with them to update this thread (it seems someone informed them of my post) with the updated information.
As I said before, I had no issue with the product. It seems to be a quality material that will offer the stated protection when installed properly. He also informed me that it was their company policy that the employees NEVER hand cut ANYTHING. If the kit is not in stock, they are to take the customers name and call them when it has arrived.
All things said, it just sounds like they had a couple minimum wage employees who were stealing from them and treating their customers poorly. As of this evening, they have made the necessary changes.

Put it on youtube, after you get your free ghost armour

brisdaddy1207

Nov 12, 2010
Fowler
First thing I would never let.my phone/tab with anyone, if im not with my my stuff there not getting it. I have to much money invested in my tablet and phones to leave it with some random person.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using XDA Premium App

pvtjoker42

Dec 12, 2008
I've never trusted mall kiosk employees to do ANYTHING right. It may have cost me extra but i taught myself how to install all my screen/back covers and protectors (yeah, ruined the first set on an old phone so i wound up buying the protector set twice) but ever since then it's easy.. and then there's no one else to blame if something gets hosed.

Celandine

Jul 25, 2011
I'm with many people here on not trusting others with my expensive toys. I was going to suggest you contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint with the company, but very happy for you that everything seems to be settled. Except for the scratches left on your GT by the ijit people, of course.

-l-Z3K3-l-

Jul 4, 2007
Glad you got this resolved.
F those employees. At least they got their just deserts eh!

Riki1kenobi

Jun 16, 2007
Bolton
Maybe you should change the thread title to reflect how well Ghost Armour have handled this as it is a bit mis-leading now given you have had your issue resolved ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    They have a pattern specifc to the Galaxy Tab, My vendor did atleast.

http://www.ghost-armor.com/Samsung/Galaxy_Tab_GSM.html

http://www.ghost-armor.com/Samsung/Galaxy_Tab_CDMA.html

If you saw the guy cutting it up why didn't you say something, besides you normally pay afterwards so why pay and not just tell him it looked like crap?

Thats like getting a bad haircut and leaving after paying even though you know you got jacked up.