Guide for Sprint Tp2 on boost

Search This thread

2002blackedge

Jan 22, 2010
if your on the blackberry plan most likely your gonna have to do both changes at the same time ( your plan & phone).

Also in re: to what phone to tell them that you have thats already answered in the guide in the first post of this thread.

If the website is allowing to update ESN# changes then you might be able to do both there without having to call

Nice, when i recieve the phone i will give it a shot and let you guys know if it works. i know it allows for ESN changes, just dont know if its gonna have a phone selection on the next page. the phone i am recieving has been on the boost network before also.

seahaak

Apr 8, 2008
WA
thank u and i would hit the thanks button but cant find it. anyway took 2 calls to boost nix the first and flirt with the tech support gal and all was good and she even said it doesnt look like a boost phone and did it anyway. The first tech said no but offered ne a free re-manufactured phone and ts in the mail now lol! mms working. Net looking later.
thank,
YOU!!!!

seahaak

Apr 8, 2008
WA
how do i make sure you carrier provisioned it make sure to select Sprint. got it to boost now just trying for data?
thank you

jeffsciv23

Apr 13, 2011
im having problems getting the Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79 cab to load to my phone. im sure im doing something wrong. i got my phone and loaded mightyrom to it and ive read that all you do is save the cab to my phones memory but it seems thats where im having trouble. do i extract the contents to my phones memory using activesync or do i just move it unextracted to it? sorry for the stupid question but im reading and trying to learn.
thanks for any help and for making the guide so easy to follow

Teej53214

May 31, 2008
South East Wisconsin
I appologize if this is a stupid question.. but I have a Us Cellular CDMA TP2.. identical to the Sprint version.. any chance that using these steps I could switch it over to Boost? or that only work with the Sprint ones?

Ma$etas

May 25, 2010
Southern CALI
im having problems getting the Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79 cab to load to my phone. im sure im doing something wrong. i got my phone and loaded mightyrom to it and ive read that all you do is save the cab to my phones memory but it seems thats where im having trouble. do i extract the contents to my phones memory using activesync or do i just move it unextracted to it? sorry for the stupid question but im reading and trying to learn.
thanks for any help and for making the guide so easy to follow

Just install it to the phones memory like any other cab no need to extract anything

Ma$etas

May 25, 2010
Southern CALI
I appologize if this is a stupid question.. but I have a Us Cellular CDMA TP2.. identical to the Sprint version.. any chance that using these steps I could switch it over to Boost? or that only work with the Sprint ones?

Not sure if it will work I have never tried it or owned one to try on. You can try it if you already have it your just going to have to mess with some settings. The sprint one works because boost CDMA works of Sprints CDMA net. I believe you just have to carrier provisioned it and change all the settings from US cellular to Sprint/Boost.

lascott7

Jun 10, 2011
latoyascott.businesscard2.com
What issue are you talking about. From what i have read no one here stating they have a problem with their internet.

Read the guide again and look at step #7 if you still dont get it let me know.

**If i helped you in any way hit the thanks button**

I have tried this and still couldn't be able to send. But able to receive. I put in the right settings. Should I try pcs-boost-mmsc-submit.sun3.lightsurf.net. I have an energy ROM and using the Arcsoft MMS version you have above. This is so ridiculous. Do I have to use mms program specially for my Sense Energy CRX ROM or what? I do not understand what's wrong with this? Is it because I have an Energy ROM?

Ma$etas

May 25, 2010
Southern CALI
thank u and i would hit the thanks button but cant find it. anyway took 2 calls to boost nix the first and flirt with the tech support gal and all was good and she even said it doesnt look like a boost phone and did it anyway. The first tech said no but offered ne a free re-manufactured phone and ts in the mail now lol! mms working. Net looking later.
thank,
YOU!!!!

Thanks button is next to the quote button which is next to the quick reply button.... LOL its there if you want to press it

Ma$etas

May 25, 2010
Southern CALI
I have tried this and still couldn't be able to send. But able to receive. I put in the right settings. Should I try pcs-boost-mmsc-submit.sun3.lightsurf.net. I have an energy ROM and using the Arcsoft MMS version you have above. This is so ridiculous. Do I have to use mms program specially for my Sense Energy CRX ROM or what? I do not understand what's wrong with this? Is it because I have an Energy ROM?

Let me look into that because i used to use the Energy rom as well and never had a problem but the developer is always updating his rom and another person also had a problem with it and it was the rom but let me check

thecensor

Mar 19, 2011
I found these instructions on how to get an Iden account:

"Easiest and least expensive:

1.Purchase an Iden Starter kit off of ebay. ($5)
2.Activate the kit online via boost's website and begin your port in the process (explained on the website during the setup)
3.Wait for the port to finish. (4-72 Hours)
4.Call boost and ask to migrate to CDMA.
5.If they ask what phone your using, play dumb and say something like "uh, its the one with the full keyboard" and let them assume what they will. (tell them it's a used phone and ask for programming instructions because I have poor receptin where I am now)
If they start pooh-poohing, tell 'em you understand that although the phone is allowed it's not supported."

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
Just letting you all know Sprint ArcSoft Threaded MMS 5.2.12.45.cab works also... The very bottom attachment isn't threaded MMS but it's the newest/latest Arcsoft MMS... Don't worry updating wont wipe your convos or settings if ya already have it successfully working and set.

I got mine "Flashed" by a guy on ebay for 20 bucks and he gave me a BoostMMSFix.cab that might help some of you IDK... It's one of the first things I install everytime I hard reset...

Also just letting you all know XDAndroid FRX07.1 has working Sprint and Boost MMS now too as well as working 3.5mm and bluetooth!

:D:eek:

Attachments

• BoostMMSFix.cab
    28.6 KB · Views: 48

bert111a

Dec 18, 2010
I am running Energy Rom as well on my TP2 and I use the myboostmobile.com server for mms. On the rare occasion I have gotten a server or connection error but I have noticed that seems to have more to do with signal than anything else.

kid_shadow

Mar 28, 2012
keep getting shut down by boost csr's. Does anybody have a way to get them to activate sprint tp2 or just keep trying

jintrigger

Jun 2, 2012
Would this process work with the Samsung Transform Ultra

I wanted to know would this process of getting an android phone activated work with a Sprint Samsung Transform Ultra.....

Before buying the phone the rep said I could activate the phone on Boost, he just didnt recommend it.

I get the darn phone and I've tried two reps and both say they can't activate the phone (both giving me different reason mind you)

I notice this is another android phone such as mine and wondered if I kept calling could I get my phone activated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just in case anyone needs it

This is a guide based off my experiences on how to get everything working properly on boost mobile. This is not my work nor do i take credit for it i was helped by many. im just putting it together in one place for every one that needs it. Oh and i seen all over craigslist and ebay that they sell guides on how to do this everyone that learns from here please do not try to sell this instead help out who ever needs it just like you needed it.

1) You need to have a boost CDMA account active
    * CDMA, yes boost has CDMA just like sprint. ** CDMA not IDEN in other words no walkie talkie.
    1.5) if you have a walkie talkie account just call boost Customer service (C.S.) and tell the rep you want to transfer your account to the cdma side
    2) Call boost mobile C.S. and tell them you want to swap phones on your account for whatever reason you can make up i.e. phone broke or fell on water. Just tell them its a red phone or something and it works
    3) Do not tell them that your new phone is a sprint phone they will tell you cant do it not possible. Dont get worried it will work
    4) They will ask you for the phones info give it to them (if they ask u if its a sprint phone deny it all the way) then they will tell you what numbers to punch in follow that exactly the way they say.
    5. Once it is done wait a few while the phone gets completely activated on their system. At first text messages might not work and data as well. just give it till the end of that day it should work but if it doesn just wait a little bit.
    6. Then make sure you carrier provisioned it make sure to select Sprint.
    7. Run the Sprint prl update to make sure you get data working.
    ** Now for the big one everyone has been having problems with MMS**
    Never mind i forgot how to do that one sorry . LOL
    8. On a custom rom (i use Mighty rom FF) install the Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79 cab that i atached at the bottom and do exactly like this
    *Install the cab to your phones memory
    *Soft reset
    *Go to Messages
    *All messages
    *Menu
    * MMS options or Pics/Video Options
    *Servers
    * Click on NEW
    *Server Name = put whatever name you want
    *Gateway = leave blank
    *Port number leave at 80
    *Server address: http://mm.myboostmobile.com
    *Connect via: Sprint
    *Send limit= leave at 500K
    *Press done
    * Under setting select the name you created and then click on Set as default
    * Exit out and soft reset just to be on the safe side then your should be able to send/receive MMS
    9) You should have everything working correctly from here its back to customizing however you feel like.

I added the soft reset cab also just to make it easier just install it doesnt matter either your phones memory or sdcard and look for the icon in the start menu press it and it will soft reset

Oh and foreveryone that bought the phone "flashed to boost mobile" there isnt such thing they just did as stated above. There is no flashing to boost and there isnt a boost mobile rom.

If i forgot something let me know ill add it to here or maybe someone else will. If you have any either question just ask.
    Glad you liked it. If you really like it then how about hitting the thanks button instead of just saying it.

Also if you feel like your missing something by not paying i can help you with that too ill send you a paypal link.LOL
    I have the same issue here with the htc touch pro2,with internet and mms. Did anyone here know the boost mobile internet setting? If so,please do share. Thanks.

What issue are you talking about. From what i have read no one here stating they have a problem with their internet.

Read the guide again and look at step #7 if you still dont get it let me know.

**If i helped you in any way hit the thanks button**
    I take it back, it's not that simple. Tried many many times and I guess things are more enforced since then. Ended up paying but was WELL worth every penny. I'm loving the phone now. No thanks to this :D

i was j/k about the paypal link. Many others have used the guide without a problem your the only one that has had a problem to successfully do it and you happen to be the only one i jokingly said anything about a paypal link. LMAO:D:D