[Q] Underclocking not effecting battery life?

Search This thread

Apk07

Dec 23, 2007
Michigan
I thought I would try CPU Master Free to underclock as I don't game or do anything CPU-intensive often, and I don't really notice much change. I have it set to 800mhz max, set at boot, and it doesn't seem to have improved overall battery. Am I doing something wrong? Is it moreso a voltage thing?

brooksyx

Jan 31, 2011
Vancouver, WA
There are so many different things that effect battery life. The cpu might have not been sucking down that much juice as it is. Could be your screen, brightest, an app in the background, etc that's giving you bad battery life.

new57

Mar 18, 2012
South Florida
What did it for me was setting the cpu idle setting in juice defender ultimate to 500mhz, with ondemand.

I guess you can use any program, but this was the setting that finally gave me all day battery life.

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
What did it for me was setting the cpu idle setting in juice defender ultimate to 500mhz, with ondemand.

I guess you can use any program, but this was the setting that finally gave me all day battery life.
What ROM are you running? I read on the Calk forum that in FC24 he removed the Tegrak power saving settings because the phone likes to lock up below 800 MHz on ICS.

Apk07

Dec 23, 2007
Michigan
Speaking of which, it seems opening my camera freezes the whole phone now. I wonder if thats related...

Edit: Set it back to 1200mhz max, and the camera works fine again -_-

Last edited: