Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gentle_giant

Aug 1, 2011
So-Por
HTC 10
HTC U11+
Ola,

If you have seen the dreaded "Insufficient Storage Available" message after an update or even a new download from Google Play
and you tried everything this might help:

"I had this problem a few days back. I fixed mine by running "Lucky Patcher" and then going to the troubleshoot section in the menu and picking "Remove fixes and backups (insufficient storage available"

I copy-pasted the lines above from AndroidCentral. It did fix the problem for me. And I have been spending many, many hours if not days digging through search results to find a solution..
My thanks go to GTAFan9999 on AndroidCentral for pointing me in the right direction.
After installing lucky Patcher some apps that refused to update in the past, updated just fine, I could reinstall Facebook and Whatsapp.

BTW, you will have to google Lucky Patcher, you won't find in on Google Play.

Last edited:

clozecall

Sep 22, 2010
www.babblingboolean.com
Thanks a lot, it worked great for me. I tried downloading "Titanium Backup" on my Nexus 7 and got the error message. Simply opening "Lucky Patcher" solved the problem for me. When I opened Lucky Patcher and it was loading the packages it gave me a toast on something like "odexed app cache" or something like that, and it solved the problem. Thanks again.

dEris

Nov 6, 2009
Dallas Texas
google.com
Or just clear play store data in settings. Lucky patcher... pfft.

qE0S4.png

lunn84

Aug 27, 2011
Singapore
Ola,

If you have seen the dreaded "Insufficient Storage Available" message after an update or even a new download from Google Play

"I had this problem a few days back. I fixed mine by running "Lucky Patcher" and then going to the troubleshoot section in the menu and picking "Remove fixes and backups (insufficient storage available"

I copy-pasted the lines above from AndroidCentral. It did fix the problem for me. And I have been spending many, many hours if not days digging through search results to find a solution..
My thanks go to GTAFan9999 on AndroidCentral for pointing me in the right direction.
After installing lucky Patcher some apps that refused to update in the past, updated just fine, I could reinstall Facebook and Whatsapp.

Thanks man. Finally, I can get out of this annoying error!!!

4thehalibit

Aug 21, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
OMG OMG

Ola,

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH I FINALY GOT MY POWERAMP RE INSTALLED IVE BEEN SEARCHING FO RTHIS ANSWER FOR MONTHS WHERE IS THE THANKS BUTTON:good::good::good::D:D:D

sebbex2x

Dec 18, 2010
Ola,

Hi, I have a Galaxy Nexus and I have this problem too. I've tried this method (that seems to work for everyone except me), but I don't really get what's suppoused to happen. I press "Remove fixes and backups", but it doesn't really do anything. Nothing happens when I press it except that a box pops up which says something like "Lucky Patcher has been granted bla bla bla". I've checked Setting>Storage, but the problem remains; Only 508MB is available even though I've only used like a third of my 13.33GB.

How come it doesn't work for me?

Last edited:

Chillz88

Mar 23, 2011
If this doesnt work ,try to do the manual way ..use root explorer...go to data/app and see of there is any odex file left there which is named similar to the app you cant install due to insufficient space... done...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

LordBattleBeard

May 27, 2012
<3 luckypatcher. Was getting this error with one particular app after uninstalling it and then trying to reinstall it, despite having plenty of free memory.
Simply running lucky patcher fixed the problem. Whoever thought lucky patcher is just a piracy app is an idiot. While it can be used for piracy purposes, it has lots more uses :)

Reactions: TheStabbinator

adrian816

Aug 2, 2012
I've used clockwork mod recovery to set up a 500MB sd-ext partition on an 8GB sdcard and link2sd can create links between internal memory and that partition on the sdcard. The apps are installed on the card but their files appear to be on the internal memory. The updated version of google play refuses to install on the sdcard in the usual way but link2sd has moved it to the sd-ext partition on the card and it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ola,

Ok, found the problem, 100% guaranteed to work. The problem is solved by this, delete the app files which is found here, data/app-asec. Here you will find the file with .asec, delete those files. Bobs your uncle, Fanny's your Aunt.

Also, if they can't be found here, and it's an update issue, check data/app-lib, you'll find 2 folders with the file, -1 and -2, delete both folders. That should take care of it.
    Ok, found the problem, 100% guaranteed to work. The problem is solved by this, delete the app files which is found here, data/app-asec. Here you will find the file with .asec, delete those files, Bobs your uncle. Fanny's your Aunt.

I can confirm this method worked for me! Not sure who Bob is and I'll thank you not to talk about my aunt's fanny.
    Yes
    After wasting a day for solution.
    Exactly the same issue.
    I was wondering why just some apps?
    I find myself as the answer, thanks to your assisstance... :)
    Thanks...
    Solution for "insufficient storage available" error

Hey i have the same problem? Have you found a way to fix it? If so tell me please!

Good news and bad... yes I fixed it, but it involved a full factory reset and wipe. Then reinstalled everything and no problems since. Worth the evening spent doing it though