Got the 4.4.2 update!!!!! Help!!!

Search This thread

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
Hello!!!!! :D
I finally got the OTA update in my country :Dso what do you think guys? I got some questions here:

1- I update my device or wait for the next version?
2- im now rooted with dual recovery. I know i will lose the dual recovery but if i checked the survival mode in superSU app do i keep the root after the update?

Now i running existenZ 6.6.0 based on stock Rom with stock kernel (maybe?) and locked bootloader!:D

3- do i brick my device if updated now if im running this rom?:confused:

Please answer fast bcz i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!:silly:

Thanks
All the best!

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
The OTA will fail, because it checks that /system isn't modified before updating. That check will fail because you're using a custom rom.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Reactions: androidfreak70

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
I finally got the OTA update in my country :Dso what do you think guys? I got some questions here:

2- im now rooted with dual recovery. I know i will lose the dual recovery but if i checked the survival mode in superSU app do i keep the root after the update?

Now i running existenZ 6.6.0 based on stock Rom with stock kernel (maybe?) and locked bootloader!:D

Thanks
All the best!

As @kingvortex said the update will fail as the system has been modified.
you will have to manually flash the ftf

Reactions: androidfreak70

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
checked rom, looks promising :highfive:
LOL! i just posted this to test tapatalk signture how it is if i put a link!!! :D i thought no one will notice it :D

about the rom :D actually its better than eXistenZ ultimate... its much more faster and dont have ANY bugs or FCs :good:
and the best thing is when i backed up my data using TWRP and when i restored them on that rom i didnt got bootloop!! just all is work ok!!!

Xperia™ Z (C6602) with tapatalk

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
LOL! i just posted this to test tapatalk signture how it is if i put a link!!! :D i thought no one will notice it :D

about the rom :D actually its better than eXistenZ ultimate... its much more faster and dont have ANY bugs or FCs :good:
and the best thing is when i backed up my data using TWRP and when i restored them on that rom i didnt got bootloop!! just all is work ok!!!

Xperia™ Z (C6602) with tapatalk

Just a suggestion, the signature is too big now :silly: mind trimming it :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The OTA will fail, because it checks that /system isn't modified before updating. That check will fail because you're using a custom rom.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    All the best!

As @kingvortex said the update will fail as the system has been modified.
    you will have to manually flash the ftf