[Q] Is This Messed Up ? Moto G

Search This thread

pratmodi

Aug 14, 2014
I am from India and have Moto G XT1033 Dual Sim Version.
so what i did was - (FOLLOWED THE ROOTING PROCEDURE FROM MODACO superboot tools )

1. I tried to unlock Bootloader via Motorola website and first time i didn't follow proper bootloader unlocking process and tried to root the phone while it was "LOCKED STATUS 0".This gave error Device loked and "cmd".
2. Then i noticed mistake and unlocked bootloader successfully and STATUS was "UNLOCKED " in bootloader.
3. Then i rebooted and again booted into bootloader and then began process and it on the phone screen said something like "Booting" or "cmd" i dont remember actually and then some stripes with BLACK SCREEN and faded colours were there so as told in tutorial , i long pressed power button and rebooted it But after that nothing happened as told in guide and no "SU" or SuperUser app was there.

ALSO the command prompt on pc screen ended the process saying like "Failed"
4. Now when i check with some root checking apps , they all tell me device is not rooted. also from google play store , i installed superuser and it tells no SU binaries found.

CONCERNS ARE - :rolleyes: :confused:

• 1 Should i begin the whole rooting process again ? will it mess it up further ? can my device get bricked ?
  • 2 In Recovery option in Bootloader there is a BOT laying down with RED exclamation mark. what is this ?
  • 3 Have i customized my ROM and firmware?
  • 4 How do i get Rooted ?
  • 5 How to get stock firmware/ROM back ?
  • 6 Please help me find my stock firmware for my Indian XT1033 Dual Sim version.

My device after this has slow download speeds like 2mb app is taking 10 minutes or so .

Last edited:

Quasar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
so what i did was - (FOLLOWED THE ROOTING PROCEDURE FROM MODACO superboot tools )

1. I tried to unlock Bootloader via Motorola website and first time i didn't follow proper bootloader unlocking process and tried to root the phone while it was "LOCKED STATUS 0".This gave error Device loked and "cmd".
2. Then i noticed mistake and unlocked bootloader successfully and STATUS was "UNLOCKED " in bootloader.
3. Then i rebooted and again booted into bootloader and then began process and it on the phone screen said something like "Booting" or "cmd" i dont remember actually and then some stripes with BLACK SCREEN and faded colours were there so as told in tutorial , i long pressed power button and rebooted it But after that nothing happened as told in guide and no "SU" or SuperUser app was there.

4. Now when i check with some root checking apps , they all tell me device is not rooted. also from google play store , i installed superuser and it tells no SU binaries found.

• 1 Should i begin the whole rooting process again ? will it mess it up further ? can my device get bricked ?
  • 2 In Recovery option in Bootloader there is a BOT laying down with RED exclamation mark. what is this ?
  • 6 Please help me find my stock firmware for my Indian XT1033 Dual Sim version.

My device after this has slow download speeds like 2mb app is taking 10 minutes or so .

Follow this for rooting: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2684234

And this for reverting to stock: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2700502&h=QAQFqyLll

Reactions: pratmodi

Quasar

Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
You can root again with this method. No problem. And you can return to stock even without root as long as you have unlocked your bootloader

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pratmodi

Aug 14, 2014
You can root again with this method. No problem. And you can return to stock even without root as long as you have unlocked your bootloader

Sir Please guide me , I want to confirm that these are my Phone Build Number and other -

FINGERPRINT - " motorola/falcon_asia_ds/falcon_umtsds:4.4.4/KXB21.14-L1.40/34:user/release-keys "

ID - KXB21.14-L1.40
falcon_asia_ds
Release 4.4.4
Bootloader - 0x4113

which is best stock rom for me ? My phone came stock with android 4.4.4 and all updated.

What if i Flash some different stock Rom ? cause i heard USA models dont recognize indian Sim cards

Quasar

Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
Well, as long as your phone is booting up and working fine, you don't need to reflash stock. Just root it using the method in the above link.

pratmodi

Aug 14, 2014
Well, as long as your phone is booting up and working fine, you don't need to reflash stock. Just root it using the method in the above link.

Also if you can reply quick , why is there a laying down android with red exclamation is showing when I select recovery option in fast boot . and when I pressed some combination of up key + power , it took me to other list which had options like install from SD , factory reset , etc.

is this normal ?

Quasar

Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
You've not installed a custom recovery. That's why. Flash a custom recovery.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

You've not installed a custom recovery. That's why. Flash a custom recovery. There's a guide in the rooting thread.

pratmodi

Aug 14, 2014

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Thanks ! for all your replies. Cleared my all doubts

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Follow this for rooting: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2684234

And this for reverting to stock: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2700502&h=QAQFqyLll

You've not installed a custom recovery. That's why. Flash a custom recovery. There's a guide in the rooting thread.