[Q] VS980 bricked, only download mode available

Search This thread

phlebguy

Dec 10, 2011
Phoenix
Hello guys, long time lurker here. I have a Verizon LG G2 (VS980). I had Mal rom and I wanted CM11. Don't remeber what version of TWRP I had but I made a nandroid backup. Tried to install and didn't work and I did some other stuff (don't remember). Phone was bricked.

I could get to the restore screen (power & vol -), i'd press power twice and it would just go to a black sceen. I would try vol+ & usb and it took me to a dos looking screen and something about fastboot. I fixed that one by "nuking my laf".

Now I can get to the download screen. It says FIRMWARE UPDATE with arrows and progress bar. in the bottom box it says B0 and ROOTED.
My device manager under PORTS says "LGE AndroidNet for VZW USB Serial Port (COM41). Just above it it says "Communications Port (COM42).

I did the KDZ method: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

Downloaded the Verizon VS98024A_11.kdz file and 3 other files. I ran LGFlashTool2014 as administrator and followed instruction word for word. I picked CSE Flash. After I select country and language LG Mobile Support Tool pops up and does some stuff, look good at this point BUT during "S/W Upgrade is in progress 4%" it says my phone disconnected.

My phone has COM41 in green with 9% progress and also this in the bottom box:
U VUSER 526.2 AS5.1 B41 UHS
S U VS980 4G 04.2.2 Hrev_11
VS98012B
VS98024B
ROOTED

I tried a different USB port and it gets to 9% on the phone and status bar restarts, gets to 9% and restarts. LGMS Tool says "Upgrade stopped due to error"

I did try the TOT method. No matter what file I download when I extract it says "checksum error file is corrupt"

I need to fix this or the Cpt will kill me since my phone is so vital to work. Please help me, its been 3 days without it.
Either getting it back to stock or somehow getting twrp on it to restore to nandroid would be great. anything to make it work again