[Q] How to root after the latest update ?

Search This thread

frliran

Nov 13, 2013
Hi all,

I've just updated my Note3 SM-N9005 via kies to Build number N9005XXUDMK2 and now I can't flash root, It fails every time...
My version is N9005XXUDMJ7 and my build number is N9005XXUDMK2.

I don't know if it has something to do with it, but when I enter download node I see a gray line saying: "Write protection: Enabled".

Can anyone please tell me how can I gain root access again ?
I'm tring to flash this file: "CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5" with "Odin3 v3.09.exe"
which I found in this site: http://true-android.blogspot.co.il/2013/12/root-n9005xxudmk2-galaxy-note-3-sm.html

Last edited:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Hi all,

I've just updated my Note3 SM-N9005 via kies to Build number N9005XXUDMK2 and now I can't flash root, It fails every time...
My version is N9005XXUDMJ7 and my build number is N9005XXUDMK2.

I don't know if it has something to do with it, but when I enter download node I see a gray line saying: "Write protection: Enabled".

Can anyone please tell me how can I gain root access again ?
I'm tring to flash this file: "CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5" with "Odin3 v3.09.exe"
which I found in this site: http://true-android.blogspot.co.il/2013/12/root-n9005xxudmk2-galaxy-note-3-sm.html

Can you paste the Odin log after it fails?

Also you may have the new updated CF Root which has been adapted for KitKat and doesn't work with 4.3 anymore.

frliran

Nov 13, 2013
Here is the log from odin

Can you paste the Odin log after it fails?

Also you may have the new updated CF Root which has been adapted for KitKat and doesn't work with 4.3 anymore.

<ID:0/007> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/007> recovery.img
<ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/007> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/007>
<ID:0/007> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I even tries using the same root file I did the first time I rooted my phone...

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/007> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/007>
<ID:0/007> Complete(Write) operation failed.

I even tries using the same root file I did the first time I rooted my phone...

Gave the same error using the original file you used from the first time? -- It is possible it doesn't like MK2, however it should work because I used it fine when I was on it.. Try re-downloading it again and trying again (I don't have it anymore, only the KK version )

frliran

Nov 13, 2013
Here is the log of the first file

Gave the same error using the original file you used from the first time? -- It is possible it doesn't like MK2, however it should work because I used it fine when I was on it.. Try re-downloading it again and trying again (I don't have it anymore, only the KK version )

The previous log was from the new file I downloaded today.
This is the log from "Odin3 v3.07" using the first file I rooted my phone with:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

PLEASE...Can you please help me to re-root my phone.
(And if you can, please send me a link to download root for the KitKat version so that I can re-root it when the update will rollout in my country.)

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Just to double check -- you are flashing it via the PDA option correct? and you have unrar'd it so you can see the tar.md5 file ?

frliran

Nov 13, 2013
yes

Just to double check -- you are flashing it via the PDA option correct? and you have unrar'd it so you can see the tar.md5 file ?
Yes I am.
But in odin 3.9 there is AP and not PDA.
But I tried both in both odin versions: 3.7 and 3.9.
In odin 3.7 I am using PDA, and in odin 3.9 I am using AP.

Last edited:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Hmm I am stumped I'm afraid. Usually re-flashing it normally works. See if anyone else will chime in and know the answer.

frliran

Nov 13, 2013
)-;

Hmm I am stumped I'm afraid. Usually re-flashing it normally works. See if anyone else will chime in and know the answer.

Do you think doing "Wipe cache partition" can fix it ? I don't realy knkow what it means...
Can you please send me a download link for rooting after updating to KitKat ? So I could use it when the update rolls out in my country

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Do you think doing "Wipe cache partition" can fix it ? I don't realy knkow what it means...
Can you please send me a download link for rooting after updating to KitKat ? So I could use it when the update rolls out in my country

When it rolls out it may be a different version of KK than is currently compatible with CR Root. Better waiting til it comes out then seeing what is available.

**[Side Note... If you want KK now you can flash the Official XEO version depending on your Model (IF Hong Kong then it won't work) - and you can root on that without issue after flashing, but you cannot go bac to 4.3 again]**

frliran

Nov 13, 2013
hmmm

When it rolls out it may be a different version of KK than is currently compatible with CR Root. Better waiting til it comes out then seeing what is available.

**[Side Note... If you want KK now you can flash the Official XEO version depending on your Model (IF Hong Kong then it won't work) - and you can root on that without issue after flashing, but you cannot go bac to 4.3 again]**

I prefer to wait till an official KK will roll out and update via kies.
Can you please tell me if I do "Wipe cache partition" will fix the root failure probloem ?
I don't realy know what this wipe does...

frliran

Nov 13, 2013
Solved it (-:

I prefer to wait till an official KK will roll out and update via kies.
Can you please tell me if I do "Wipe cache partition" will fix the root failure probloem ?
I don't realy know what this wipe does...

On the settings page under security..make sure you have reactivation lock uncheck...
Than try again..that's usually the problem

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
It's always something so simple, Not turned activation lock on myself so never had an issue with it. Glad you got sorted thouugh.