[Q] why can't I install Gapps?!?!

Search This thread

maxell505

Jan 14, 2013
Perry
I am trying to use flash paranoid android and flashing this version of gapps along with it: pa_gapps-stock-4.4.2-20140412-signed. When I go to flash the ROM, it succeeds without issue, but when I go to flash gapps it says that it cant open the zip fie of gapps and than in parenthesis it says (bad). and than it says installation aborted. Please help!!!

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
I am trying to use flash paranoid android and flashing this version of gapps along with it: pa_gapps-stock-4.4.2-20140412-signed. When I go to flash the ROM, it succeeds without issue, but when I go to flash gapps it says that it cant open the zip fie of gapps and than in parenthesis it says (bad). and than it says installation aborted. Please help!!!

Have you tried re-downloading GAPPS? or from another mirror link? you could have a bad download.

maxell505

Jan 14, 2013
Perry

I already started flashing the the version of gapps that I posted and it worked! Paranoid Android gave me an update to the latest gapps and now it is updating. Thank you for your help. Also, what should I do if I want to switch to OmniROM later on. Can I just flash the OmniROM zip and the gapps zip or do I have to do something extra?

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
I already started flashing the the version of gapps that I posted and it worked! Paranoid Android gave me an update to the latest gapps and now it is updating. Thank you for your help. Also, what should I do if I want to switch to OmniROM later on. Can I just flash the OmniROM zip and the gapps zip or do I have to do something extra?

Comming from paranoid, I suggest first to back up apps data and wipe caches before the flashing the Rom .
You should not have any issues there after but if any, the wipe data and flash Rom and pa gapps

maxell505

Jan 14, 2013
Perry
Comming from paranoid, I suggest first to back up apps data and wipe caches before the flashing the Rom .
You should not have any issues there after but if any, the wipe data and flash Rom and pa gapps

So do the same process as when I was flashing paranoid. All I have to do is wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik chache, and flash the rom and the gapps?

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
So do the same process as when I was flashing paranoid. All I have to do is wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik chache, and flash the rom and the gapps?

Yep, that's pretty much what's recommended for changing Roms. I personally don't clean anything when flashing similar Roms but PA is a bit complex imo and you already had issues with it. so, wipe.

maxell505

Jan 14, 2013
Perry
Yep, that's pretty much what's recommended for changing Roms. I personally don't clean anything when flashing similar Roms but PA is a bit complex imo and you already had issues with it. so, wipe.

Ok for some reason, gapps updated and then it said that it has to install so it rebooted me into recovery and it started to install but it said that there was an error in the rom manager script or something like that. So I just got fed up and restored my backup that I had. So now I am back on stock. I want to install OmniROM though tomorrow.

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
Ok for some reason, gapps updated and then it said that it has to install so it rebooted me into recovery and it started to install but it said that there was an error in the rom manager script or something like that. So I just got fed up and restored my backup that I had. So now I am back on stock. I want to install OmniROM though tomorrow.

Because the Paranoid OTA cannot use CWM. Use twrp instead.

Sent from my Nexus 5

maxell505

Jan 14, 2013
Perry
Because the Paranoid OTA cannot use CWM. Use twrp instead.

Sent from my Nexus 5

So lets say that I just want to install OmniROM. Will OmniROM work with CWM?

Also will I be able to automatically update gapps once OmniROM boots because for some reason I cannot flash the latest version of gapps so I have to use an older version?

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
So lets say that I just want to install OmniROM. Will OmniROM work with CWM?

Also will I be able to automatically update gapps once OmniROM boots because for some reason I cannot flash the latest version of gapps so I have to use an older version?

It's not that PA doesn't work with CWM, just the ota app.
OmniROM requires twrp or CWM-based recovery. Not CWM itself if I recall.

You also have zero reason to install those gapps updates on either rom..

Gapps are updated automatically through the play store.

Sent from my Nexus 5

maxell505

Jan 14, 2013
Perry
It's not that PA doesn't work with CWM, just the ota app.
OmniROM requires twrp or CWM-based recovery. Not CWM itself if I recall.

You also have zero reason to install those gapps updates on either rom..

Gapps are updated automatically through the play store.

Sent from my Nexus 5

ok. Sorry if I am asking too many unnecessary questions. So since I have ClockWorkMod Recovery, I can easily install OmniROM by just flashing it and than installing gapps after that right?