"authentication via the proxy server was unsuccessful"

Search This thread

bigbamboo5

Jul 5, 2009
Hi.

I have a Nexus 10 in the UK and am connecting to BT Homehub wifi at home, generally successfully. Quite often, however, I fail to connect and get an "authentication via the proxy server was unsuccessful" message. I've done a pretty extensive search, both here and on the internet and can't find either a reason, nor a solution to this. As most of the time it works, it is more an annoyance than anything else, but I would love to find a fix.

Does anyone have any ideas, please? Thanks in advance...

:)

free2scour

Dec 8, 2009
I'm having the same problem, yet only intermittently. I have disconnected/reconnected from my router but problem still happening.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated...

inwester

Dec 27, 2012

I'm having the same problem. This tablet is so disappointing, only problems after problems. First it was the freezing and hanging and then having to reboot it every now and then. It still happens everyday. Second it was the poor wifi connectivity and intermittent drops. Now there is the proxy problem. There is light bleed from the top left of the screen. This is easily the worst device I've bought in the last 10 years. So full of promise and want to love this tablet, but its going back.

I can't find the customer support number for Google and when I try using the form for click-to-call it doesn't give me an option to select a device and hence I'm not able to reach them or get the call back. Anyone knows their US customer support number for Nexus 10 device?

Thank you.

Groundsel

Feb 5, 2013
Hi.

I have a Nexus 10 in the UK and am connecting to BT Homehub wifi at home, generally successfully. Quite often, however, I fail to connect and get an "authentication via the proxy server was unsuccessful" message. I've done a pretty extensive search, both here and on the internet and can't find either a reason, nor a solution to this. As most of the time it works, it is more an annoyance than anything else, but I would love to find a fix.

This is often caused by a poorly-behaved app. Some apps are known to cause problems more often than not. In my case, the culprit turned out to be the Adblocker app. I removed the app two weeks ago and have had absolutely no problems since.

Reactions: bigbamboo5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.

This is often caused by a poorly-behaved app. Some apps are known to cause problems more often than not. In my case, the culprit turned out to be the Adblocker app. I removed the app two weeks ago and have had absolutely no problems since.