does the sticker on the back need to be readable?

Search This thread

spitswap

Apr 8, 2012
for a warranty claim?

My sticker is still on but its almost 100% white now. And my bootloader is unlocked (but still on the factory ROM) so should I relock it?

sir_earl

Jul 21, 2011
I'd relock it just to be safe and reset the tamperflag with bootunlocker

Keep in mind that if you need to unlock the bootloader again for any reason, it will wipe your data, but I guess you can do a backup and restore if you have a custom recovery installed. Definitely a wise idea though (especially in retrospect).

google said themselves that rooted phones don't void the warranty if it's a nexus.

Can you point me to a reference to Google making this statement? It might come in handy if I run into warranty issues when I return my faulty device.

Last edited:
Reactions: spitswap

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can take off that sticker btw.

I'd relock it just to be safe and reset the tamperflag with bootunlocker, but google said themselves that rooted phones don't void the warranty if it's a nexus.
    I'd relock it just to be safe and reset the tamperflag with bootunlocker

Keep in mind that if you need to unlock the bootloader again for any reason, it will wipe your data, but I guess you can do a backup and restore if you have a custom recovery installed. Definitely a wise idea though (especially in retrospect).

google said themselves that rooted phones don't void the warranty if it's a nexus.

Can you point me to a reference to Google making this statement? It might come in handy if I run into warranty issues when I return my faulty device.
    Really? Is there a link to that?

Sorry, I ended up not being able to find a link. I guess it was all in my head.