Restoring a tablet

Search This thread

pavlos77

Jul 10, 2011
i have an allwinner a20 tablet rooted and i have installed a rom that is not for this tablet...So i want to restore the original rom but the problem is that i cant find an original rom for this tablet...But i have a friend that he has exactly the same tablet...I can copy all the folders from his tablet(i mean i can root it)(system,data...) but how to copy them to my tablet?I have to transfer all the folders from my friend's tablet to my pc and the to my tablet?I dont know which folders should i transfer.Also must i create a flashable cwm ?Thanks for your help.Sorry for my bad english :D

Last edited:

RevelationOmega

Jan 30, 2014
Florida
Can i create a flashable rom from my friend's talbet?

Dont believe so. The files are put there to run the tablet but the code to tell where things to install, etc are not on the tablet. Google search for anyone how does development or has access to the zip from manufacturer would be your best bet.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Try this webiste. Seems to have ROM download for a20.

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/93145-zenithink-c90a-allwinner-a20-firmware/

pavlos77

Jul 10, 2011
i installed this firmware but it shows me a white screen... but the tablet boots normaly...I think that the best solution is my friend's tablet becasue its exactly the same...Can anyone help to create a flashable rom from my friend's tablet?

Last edited:

RevelationOmega

Jan 30, 2014
Florida
I tried searching through my file explorer for location of the boot.img file but no luck other than through CWM. What I'd recommend is, if you have custom recovery, "backup current ROM" and then extract the boot.img from a file explorer to add to what you need to reflash the ROM. I believe the boot.img is made via the recovery backup and I wasn't able to find any by Google search.