Erased EVERYTHING

Search This thread
I accidently erased everything from the KF2, all I have on it now is the recovery.

How can I get a rom back on the device?

When I plugged it in the computer under Device Manager it says Portable Devices >> F:/
When I go to my computer to try to enter f:/ its inaccessible.

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

chipsndukes

Dec 31, 2011
Same issue here. Understood the instruction to wipe everything before installing ROM to mean "System" and "Internal Storage" as well. Now the downloaded ROM and "gapps" zip files are gone...

Found something called "ADB Sideload" in TWRP, could that help?

Like the OP, would appreciate some help. Kindle is a brick for now... :cool:

chipsndukes

chipsndukes

Dec 31, 2011
OK, thanks LEGEND94, that helped !

Only difference to above: did not use a Fastboot cable to get into fastboot mode, rather fmkilo's technique here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2117224

Held off button to shut down and restarted without having to do anything else, did not have to type any command to get out of fastboot mode.

Am restarting root and ROM flashing, hopefully will work this time. ;)

Thanks again,

chipsndukes

iytrix

Dec 23, 2012
San Jose

Only difference to above: did not use a Fastboot cable to get into fastboot mode, rather fmkilo's technique here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2117224

Held off button to shut down and restarted without having to do anything else, did not have to type any command to get out of fastboot mode.

Thanks again,

chipsndukes

even though legend was OP, his method was a bit overkill, but totally fine.

Once you have recovery, or even the bootloader, you should NEVER need to restore. From the bootloader you can get into fastboot now, and from fastboot you can get the recovery.

As for putting files on, I'm not sure. I could look it up but you both got your issues solved. If someone coming here does need the help, PM me and I can look it up, but from what i remember on other android devices, usually the recovery somewhere has an option to mount USB like a storage device (probably bad wording there) but basically just like when you "turn on usb storage" in the android OS.

I am ASSUMING TWRP has something similar, and if I'm wrong, I'm sure you can always ADB to push the files onto the device from your PC in fastboot mode.

Reactions: FreeMooCow

mindmajick

Account currently disabled

Once you have recovery, or even the bootloader, you should NEVER need to restore. From the bootloader you can get into fastboot now, and from fastboot you can get the recovery.

As for putting files on, I'm not sure. I could look it up but you both got your issues solved. If someone coming here does need the help, PM me and I can look it up, but from what i remember on other android devices, usually the recovery somewhere has an option to mount USB like a storage device (probably bad wording there) but basically just like when you "turn on usb storage" in the android OS.

I am ASSUMING TWRP has something similar, and if I'm wrong, I'm sure you can always ADB to push the files onto the device from your PC in fastboot mode.

Unfortunately usb Mount doesn't work in the kf2 twrp. I would love the option.

You CAN adb sideload from twrp though.

--
Sent from my Kindle Fire 2, CM 10.1

chipsndukes

Dec 31, 2011

One change to the above statement. I did have to get out of fastboot mode, but it was confusing how because the terminal emulator was now gone.

I did this instead via a command window with the Fire plugged into the computer. I sent the "fastboot -i0x1949 oem idme bootmode 1" command while in the root directory for the KF2_SRT_10.2.3 restore package, there is a fastboot.exe file there.

Hope that helps.

chipsndukes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Back Up & Running

First You need a Fastboot Cable.
    Run The Recovery Tool. (Options 1 then 2)
    When its completed unplug the Fastboot Cable and press and hold the power button until the KF2 turns off.
    Turn it back on and you are all set to Root it!

Rooting
    [ONE-CLICK] Automated Freedom-Boot and TWRP installer

Thanks again,

chipsndukes