[Q] Help with Rezound RUU please.

Search This thread

Hawk600

Sep 24, 2010
Hi guys
I appreciate if somebody can point me out in the right direction.
I just unlocked TWARPed, rooted, and S-OFF my Rezound (Verizon) and I want to install a nice custom ROM but it still on HBOOT 2.25.2525 and radio 2.23.10.0123r/2 and 0124r.
What should be my nest step now? Do I need to update the RUU and RADIO?
I have downloaded the Android police RUU 4.03.605.2 and as far I could read here I need to install it before install a custom ROM right? Is this RUU the latest?
Do I have to re-lock the phone to install the RUU even if I am S-OFF?
Can I use TWARP to flash the RUU and is the radio updated with the new RUU or is a different process to update?
I appreciate your help!
Thanks

REV3NT3CH

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
My downgrade upgrade guide is what youll need....dont dload the 4 ruu.exe files...all you need if your on hboot 2.25 is the last 2... Follow it properly an youll need to reflash recovery afterwards

acejavelin

Hi guys
I appreciate if somebody can point me out in the right direction.
I just unlocked TWARPed, rooted, and S-OFF my Rezound (Verizon) and I want to install a nice custom ROM but it still on HBOOT 2.25.2525 and radio 2.23.10.0123r/2 and 0124r.
What should be my nest step now? Do I need to update the RUU and RADIO?
I have downloaded the Android police RUU 4.03.605.2 and as far I could read here I need to install it before install a custom ROM right? Is this RUU the latest?
Do I have to re-lock the phone to install the RUU even if I am S-OFF?
Can I use TWARP to flash the RUU and is the radio updated with the new RUU or is a different process to update?
I appreciate your help!
Thanks
2.25.2525 Hboot is the custom S-OFF JuopunutBear Hboot and does not need to be upgraded (I've been running it for like a year and half with no issues on several versions of radio/ROM), also your radios are current so no radio/hboot update is required... Just find a ROM you like and flash and go!

Hawk600

Sep 24, 2010
2.25.2525 Hboot is the custom S-OFF JuopunutBear Hboot and does not need to be upgraded (I've been running it for like a year and half with no issues on several versions of radio/ROM), also your radios are current so no radio/hboot update is required... Just find a ROM you like and flash and go!
Awesome, thank you
I was in doubt about the RUU because Nils' Business ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6 requirements says: Have flashed the 3.14.605.5 RUU or later.

Hawk600

Sep 24, 2010
My downgrade upgrade guide is what youll need....dont dload the 4 ruu.exe files...all you need if your on hboot 2.25 is the last 2... Follow it properly an youll need to reflash recovery afterwards
Thank you REV3NT3CH, I will take a look on your guide right now!

Question for you guys, and I know it depends on preference, but could you point me out to some stable ROMs?
There are several out there and I normally don't mind reading hundreds of posts to learn the bugs and features but the amount of information about the Rezound it is overwhelming :)
I have CM10 installed in 3 of my Tablets but I also like Sense and don't mind using something different however I am not eager to try unfinished or experimental ROMS specially because one of the Rezounds stays with my wife, so a clean and stable ROM is the best option for us now.
Thanks you again!!!

Last edited:

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
What alotta people even android police confuse is that an RUU is not a zip file...its a windows exe program used to restore the phone....an OTA is a PH98IMG file...which the 2 files you need are the this 1st ph98img.zip and the this 2nd ph98img.zip and youre set

acejavelin

What alotta people even android police confuse is that an RUU is not a zip file...its a windows exe program used to restore the phone....an OTA is a PH98IMG file...which the 2 files you need are the this 1st ph98img.zip and the this 2nd ph98img.zip and youre set

Although there are complete ROM ZIP images as well, even if all you have is Hboot & recovery and are S-ON, they will install provided the hboot is the same or older and partitioning is still good... The will install HBoot, recovery, radios, and system even if no system files exists. True they are not RUUs and do not perform a full system recovery (like in the event emmc is corrupted), but for many situations they are good enough.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hawk600

Sep 24, 2010
Thank you folks! I am now running Liquid on my phone and Linaro on wifes phone and loving both so far!
It looks and feels like a new phone after free of that Verizon garbage! :)

Reactions: acejavelin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you folks! I am now running Liquid on my phone and Linaro on wifes phone and loving both so far!
    It looks and feels like a new phone after free of that Verizon garbage! :)