[ANDROID] $500 Bounty for Android on the HP TouchPad [Update: Now $2,000]

Search This thread

timothydonohue

Oct 2, 2007
Portland, Maine
just grabbed one for a little over a hundred on barnes and noble (which sold out less than two hours after i bought one).

looking forward to getting another tablet up and running android (or even ubuntu) to match my nook color :)

wierdo124

Oct 22, 2010
got mine from B&N minutes after it dropped as well. I'd sure as heck donate to whoever cracks this sucker.

matchosan

Nov 26, 2009
Mililani, Hawaii
Space cash? Like extraterrestrial cash?

Space Cash

sp_1306_11.jpg

Reactions: nevrlow

orateam

Jun 20, 2005
Orlando
count me in! always willing to lend a few dollars, especially when it's well spent like getting a $99 10 inch HTC Evo 3d Specs.

xixoxix

Aug 26, 2010
I'm in for donation! I know some already put up the prize. I know a lot of "new" HP touchpad owners like me willing to chip in a dollar or more to put some more prizes and hopefully speed up the porting :)
Where can I donate to???

markp1989

Feb 2, 2011
London / Swindon
I never managed to get one of the hp touchpads when they were going cheap in the UK.

a few places are showing as in stock, but at the full price still.

If i manage to get my hands on one I will be donating to the bounty.

Fraction

Aug 23, 2008
Bergen
I want one for 99 Bucks!

Where do I get it? :p
Does somebody know of any online store that sells it? Maybe in europa?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    An anonymous member of XDA has offered up $500 to anyone that gets Android working on the HP TouchPad. So, there ya have it :cool:

Update: thread opened for anyone that wants to contribute more to the bounty!

Update 2: bounty is now over $2,000. See here
    I don't like the WebOS way of organizing the launcher and the desktop, but I'm curious how easy Android will be to operate without the usual 4 buttons. Or the Back button in particular, which is normally the mostly used, at least by me. Anybody knows?

exactly, what DAVE99 said.

have you ever held a typical 10" android tablet? did it have a dedicated back button? the three models i've owned did not. honeycomb has on-screen home, back, and menu buttons in the 'taskbar' area of the screen (the bottom). If you look at cyanogenmod team's progress videos, you'll see they've approached this in the same manner.
    This whole bounty thing is ruining progress. It is making people competitive. Nobody trusts each other. It needs to end. Or make the bounty "To be donated to a charity of the Dev's choice" or something. Bounties are a surefire way to end collaboration which is something this community is supposed to be all about.

Any support out there for the charity idea and ending all the nonsense drama going on with this project?
    I have a feeling these people will have a relatively large amount of space cash when they're done with this. http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=3327
    Its already been started here and there is a place to donate if needed

http://www.touch-droid.com/

They are working on a gingerbread version, then going to make CM7 for it. Then if they get time they will get honeycomb onto it, with the final project to get ICS on there.

Check out their development thread here http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=3327