[ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097 (EL29 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted)

Search This thread

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
Thanks Denys Vlasenko for busybox, ChainsDD for su, Steady Hawkin for EL29+CWM-Rogue(repack), puertoblack2003/Przekret for EL29,
id10terror for Odin 1-click suggestions, oscarthegrouch for torrent, mavd5831, RainMotorSports for mirror(s)

You may have heard... the zerglings fought a noble battle against the samdroids and held their own for many battles, but were finally defeated on the EL13 battleground. Starting with EL13 the zergrush exploit is plugged. Do not fear, as the zerglings have enlisted their old ally Odin to fight the next battle for them.

This One-Click ODIN contains the STOCK EL29 Modem, Kernel, and ROM for the E4GT.

The ONLY change was the addition of ROOT to the ROM. NOTHING else was changed. If you made no other changes, you WOULD be able to install an OTA patch update (based off of EL29) on top of this w/o issues.

This will NOT trigger the Yellow Triangle NOR will it increment the ODIN flash count.

This does NOT have the issue with the USB jig being disabled.

This is equivalent to using the Auto Root Package on a stock ROM. In fact, if you used that package to UNROOT (Option B) this ROM then it would become 100% stock. After flashing this all functions of that package will be functional.

There are two versions provided, a FULL Restore that resets your whole phone, similar to a factory restore, and a No Data Restore, which is the same, except it preserves your User Data.

attachment.php

Instructions - Video by qbking77 [ODIN One-Click / Install CWM]

0) Backup anything important and Disable any PINs
This process will restore you to factory software. All your Android data will be reset.
To be safe, it is best to archive your backup off your phone, ie on your PC or dropbox.

Note #1: Please DISABLE any PIN code you may have created to protect your phone. As a security measure, after the flash, Android will ask you for your PIN, if you have one enabled. It is simpler to have no PIN active. If you forgot your PIN then, after the factory restore, just enter the wrong PIN a few times and it will warn you. Enter the wrong PIN again and it will reset the filesystem.

1) Install Samsung USB/Android drivers (if necessary) [USB/Android]

2) Download the EL29 full restore One-Click self-extractor
SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED-oc-sfx.exe [(RESET user data)

SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED_NODATA-oc-sfx.exe (PRESERVE user data)

Mac/Linux - Install 7-zip, then use it to unpack the individual ODIN components in Reference Section B (below). If Heimdall fails flashing all 3 files together, try doing them individually. Skip the remaining instructions that are windows specific (steps 3, 4, 6).

Android - Install ZArchiver, then use it to unpack the ODIN OneClick 7zip self-extractor file in this section (long press *-oc-sfx.exe, Open as archive, Odin-OC, select *-OneClick.exe, Extract). Use Mobile ODIN to Open File the resulting *-OneClick.exe file. Mobile ODIN issue - modem might not flash consistently. Skip the remaining instructions that are windows ODIN specific (steps 3, 4, 5, 6).

3) Extract the package
double-click on the self-extractor file, specify the directory to extract to (instructions assume C:\)

4) Start ODIN One-Click
Navigate to C:\Odin-OC
Full: Double-click on SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED-OneClick.exe
NoData: Double-click on SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED_NODATA-OneClick.exe

Note #1: On Vista or newer, you may need to right-click on the file and Run as Administrator.

5) Place phone in ODIN download mode
Code:
[B][U]Method #1[/U][/B]
Power down phone
Wait for capacitative button [B]lights to turn off[/B]
Simultaneously [b]Press and Hold [Power] [VolDn][/b] until confirmation screen appears
Press [B][VolUp][/B] to enter Download mode
Code:
[B][U]Method #2[/U][/B]
adb reboot download
Code:
Connect USB cable to PC if not already connected
ODIN should show yellow COM port in 2nd column
Note #1: If you do not see a yellow COM port, you may need to run the ODIN One-Click as Administrator and/or unplug/plugin the USB cable after starting ODIN One-Click.

6) Start ODIN flash process
Press [Start]

7) Complete - PASS!
When complete you should see a screen similar to what is shown at top of post
Phone will automatically reboot
Status should change to green PASS!

Boot process will be slightly longer than usual during which time you'll see the 4G logo screen.

If you want CWM use Option C in the Auto Root Package to install EL29+CWM-Rogue (you are already rooted so Option A is not necessary)

If you need to clear NVRAM/Sprint data login info, perform a ##72786# reset from the Dialer and enter MSL.
Type getprop ril.MSL in adb shell or terminal to retrieve your MSL.

For NoData install:
- If you are getting random force closes, wipe cache/dalvik-cache
- If you have troubles with Android Market, clear data from
menu->applications->manage applications->all->market->clear data
- If you have troubles booting into Android, perform factory reset from within Recovery

Attachments

• odin-el29-r-1.jpg
    odin-el29-r-1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 201,241
Last edited by a moderator:

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
Reference Section
A) Resources
a1) puertoblack2003/Przekret - Leaked EL29
a2) tar.md5 versions of One-Click (for regular ODIN):
SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED-sfx.exe
SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED_NODATA-sfx.exe
a3) EL29 AIO Pre-Flash [update-el29-AIO-preflash.zip] [MD5: 3261370bd53685d5ccc8002a24864ed7 Size: 24,724,663]
a4) Special pre-rooted EL29 ODIN OneClick Full flash w/ EL29+CWM-Rogue
- this is a convenience package for folks wanting to flash their ICS ROMs from a GB-based CWM
- WILL trigger yellow triangle and increase ODIN flash count
- use USB jig or Triangle Away (only for ICS-based ROMs) to reset triangle and ODIN flash count
SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED_CWM-oc-sfx.exe ***Dead Link - File No Longer Available***

B) (Individual) STOCK EL29 ODIN/CWM Components
b0) Odin3 v1.85 (windows)
- these are ODIN tar.md5 files bundled in a 7-zip self-extractor
- ONLY use PDA Button for any of the following
- Windows - Double-click on the self-extractor and choose your ODIN directory
- Mac/Linux - Use 7-zip to extract
b1) [ODIN] EL29 Modem
b2) [ODIN] EL29 Kernel

b3) [ODIN] EL29 ROM ***Dead Link - File No Longer Available***
b4) [ODIN] EL29 ROM + root ***Dead Link - File No Longer Available***

b5) [CWM] EL29 Modem
b6) [CWM] EL29 Kernel

C) FAQ
c1) Windows tells me "Unrecognized device (code 42)" and ODIN OC doesn't see my phone
c2) How do I install the EL29 AIO?
c3) How do I run Auto Root, ODIN OneClick, or ODIN on Mac?

Last edited by a moderator:

asteetva

Sep 16, 2011
Plano,TX
Busybox needed?

I am assuming this does not come with busy box, do I need to install it, if so which version.
Thanks.

saj070

Feb 26, 2007
ok what am i doing wrong here

i download El29 modem.tar

open odin select pda option the pick EL29 modem but nothing happens ??

see picture what is going on

saj070

Feb 26, 2007
For Flashing Modem you have to select Phone option.

Post 2 says use - ONLY use PDA Button for any of the following ?

i downloaded EL29.tar from post 2 ..

my odin is not working it use to work..

so what is it i select phone option or pda ?? and i select auto reboot ?

this file says use PDA option ?? what do i need to do flash EL29 modem then i was going to use auto4root to load el29 kernal and cwm

SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_MODEM_PDA.tar.md5

Last edited:

asteetva

Sep 16, 2011
Plano,TX

Oh Ok I think he has made life easy for us, do this first click on the EXE and then put your phone in download mode and connect , it should sense on its own...

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
ok what am i doing wrong here

i download El29 modem.tar

open odin select pda option the pick EL29 modem but nothing happens ??

see picture what is going on
Either you are not in ODIN Download mode (step 5) or there is something wrong with the USB connection. Usually the COM ports for ODIN d/l mode will end up being much higher than COM4.

BTW I downloaded the modem self-extractor fresh from the download link just now and verified it does flash, so there is nothing wrong with the file itself.

Last edited:

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
Post 2 says use - ONLY use PDA Button for any of the following ?

my odin is not working it use to work..

so what is it i select phone option or pda ?? and i select auto reboot ?

this file says use PDA option ?? what do i need to do flash EL29 modem then i was going to use auto4root to load el29 kernal and cwm

SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_MODEM_PDA.tar.md5
The instructions are correct. I could have left the upgrade as modem.bin and then you would use the Phone button, but I felt it was easier for the instructions (and less chance for people to make mistakes) so I left it in tar format so all those individual modules are consistent and use the PDA button to flash.

Reactions: musclehead84

saj070

Feb 26, 2007
SFHUB - I finally i did manage to get hte EL29 modem flash via odin using pds option..

now i am trying to use e4gt root but nothing happens ??

i want to load el29 kernal and cwm via option C and option K

but nothing happens ??

do i need to be in any mode or just usb connected and start el4gt

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
SFHUB - I finally i did manage to get hte EL29 modem flash via odin using pds option..

now i am trying to use e4gt root but nothing happens ??

i want to load el29 kernal and cwm via option C and option K

but nothing happens ??

do i need to be in any mode or just usb connected and start el4gt
That's because Chris41g hasn't released EL29+CWM yet.

When you choose that option, there should be a note that says "Coming soon" use EL26+CWM for now and when you are done with CWM, you can put EL29 back on.

It should be coming soon. When he releases it I'll upload an auto root package that includes it.

If you meant Option A - root doesn't work, that is because they plugged the zergrush exploit, which is the reason I release these ODIN One-Click packages pre-rooted (ie Option A has already been performed for you). You can use Option B to unroot it if you'd like.

Last edited:

saj070

Feb 26, 2007
ok then i can wait. i did not know we are waiting for El29 kernal - cwm

thanks for everything

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

If i want to go back to EL26 Modem what do i do ??

i tried flashing it via odin but my phone still says EL29 ??

i am getting bad 3g speed with EL29 ..

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks Denys Vlasenko for busybox, ChainsDD for su, Steady Hawkin for EL29+CWM-Rogue(repack), puertoblack2003/Przekret for EL29,
    id10terror for Odin 1-click suggestions, oscarthegrouch for torrent, mavd5831, RainMotorSports for mirror(s)

You may have heard... the zerglings fought a noble battle against the samdroids and held their own for many battles, but were finally defeated on the EL13 battleground. Starting with EL13 the zergrush exploit is plugged. Do not fear, as the zerglings have enlisted their old ally Odin to fight the next battle for them.

This One-Click ODIN contains the STOCK EL29 Modem, Kernel, and ROM for the E4GT.

The ONLY change was the addition of ROOT to the ROM. NOTHING else was changed. If you made no other changes, you WOULD be able to install an OTA patch update (based off of EL29) on top of this w/o issues.

This will NOT trigger the Yellow Triangle NOR will it increment the ODIN flash count.

This does NOT have the issue with the USB jig being disabled.

This is equivalent to using the Auto Root Package on a stock ROM. In fact, if you used that package to UNROOT (Option B) this ROM then it would become 100% stock. After flashing this all functions of that package will be functional.

There are two versions provided, a FULL Restore that resets your whole phone, similar to a factory restore, and a No Data Restore, which is the same, except it preserves your User Data.

attachment.php

Instructions - Video by qbking77 [ODIN One-Click / Install CWM]

0) Backup anything important and Disable any PINs
    This process will restore you to factory software. All your Android data will be reset.
    To be safe, it is best to archive your backup off your phone, ie on your PC or dropbox.

Note #1: Please DISABLE any PIN code you may have created to protect your phone. As a security measure, after the flash, Android will ask you for your PIN, if you have one enabled. It is simpler to have no PIN active. If you forgot your PIN then, after the factory restore, just enter the wrong PIN a few times and it will warn you. Enter the wrong PIN again and it will reset the filesystem.

1) Install Samsung USB/Android drivers (if necessary) [USB/Android]

2) Download the EL29 full restore One-Click self-extractor
    SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED-oc-sfx.exe [(RESET user data)

SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED_NODATA-oc-sfx.exe (PRESERVE user data)

Mac/Linux - Install 7-zip, then use it to unpack the individual ODIN components in Reference Section B (below). If Heimdall fails flashing all 3 files together, try doing them individually. Skip the remaining instructions that are windows specific (steps 3, 4, 6).

Android - Install ZArchiver, then use it to unpack the ODIN OneClick 7zip self-extractor file in this section (long press *-oc-sfx.exe, Open as archive, Odin-OC, select *-OneClick.exe, Extract). Use Mobile ODIN to Open File the resulting *-OneClick.exe file. Mobile ODIN issue - modem might not flash consistently. Skip the remaining instructions that are windows ODIN specific (steps 3, 4, 5, 6).

3) Extract the package
    double-click on the self-extractor file, specify the directory to extract to (instructions assume C:\)

4) Start ODIN One-Click
    Navigate to C:\Odin-OC
    Full: Double-click on SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED-OneClick.exe
    NoData: Double-click on SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED_NODATA-OneClick.exe

Note #1: On Vista or newer, you may need to right-click on the file and Run as Administrator.

5) Place phone in ODIN download mode
    Code:
    [B][U]Method #1[/U][/B]
    Power down phone
    Wait for capacitative button [B]lights to turn off[/B]
    Simultaneously [b]Press and Hold [Power] [VolDn][/b] until confirmation screen appears
    Press [B][VolUp][/B] to enter Download mode
    Code:
    [B][U]Method #2[/U][/B]
    adb reboot download
    Code:
    Connect USB cable to PC if not already connected
    ODIN should show yellow COM port in 2nd column
    Note #1: If you do not see a yellow COM port, you may need to run the ODIN One-Click as Administrator and/or unplug/plugin the USB cable after starting ODIN One-Click.

6) Start ODIN flash process
    Press [Start]

7) Complete - PASS!
    When complete you should see a screen similar to what is shown at top of post
    Phone will automatically reboot
    Status should change to green PASS!

Boot process will be slightly longer than usual during which time you'll see the 4G logo screen.

If you want CWM use Option C in the Auto Root Package to install EL29+CWM-Rogue (you are already rooted so Option A is not necessary)

If you need to clear NVRAM/Sprint data login info, perform a ##72786# reset from the Dialer and enter MSL.
    Type getprop ril.MSL in adb shell or terminal to retrieve your MSL.

For NoData install:
    - If you are getting random force closes, wipe cache/dalvik-cache
    - If you have troubles with Android Market, clear data from
    menu->applications->manage applications->all->market->clear data
    - If you have troubles booting into Android, perform factory reset from within Recovery
    Reference Section
    A) Resources
    a1) puertoblack2003/Przekret - Leaked EL29
    a2) tar.md5 versions of One-Click (for regular ODIN):
    SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED-sfx.exe
    SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED_NODATA-sfx.exe
    a3) EL29 AIO Pre-Flash [update-el29-AIO-preflash.zip] [MD5: 3261370bd53685d5ccc8002a24864ed7 Size: 24,724,663]
    a4) Special pre-rooted EL29 ODIN OneClick Full flash w/ EL29+CWM-Rogue
    - this is a convenience package for folks wanting to flash their ICS ROMs from a GB-based CWM
    - WILL trigger yellow triangle and increase ODIN flash count
    - use USB jig or Triangle Away (only for ICS-based ROMs) to reset triangle and ODIN flash count
    SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED_CWM-oc-sfx.exe ***Dead Link - File No Longer Available***

B) (Individual) STOCK EL29 ODIN/CWM Components
    b0) Odin3 v1.85 (windows)
    - these are ODIN tar.md5 files bundled in a 7-zip self-extractor
    - ONLY use PDA Button for any of the following
    - Windows - Double-click on the self-extractor and choose your ODIN directory
    - Mac/Linux - Use 7-zip to extract
    b1) [ODIN] EL29 Modem
    b2) [ODIN] EL29 Kernel

b3) [ODIN] EL29 ROM ***Dead Link - File No Longer Available***
    b4) [ODIN] EL29 ROM + root ***Dead Link - File No Longer Available***

b5) [CWM] EL29 Modem
    b6) [CWM] EL29 Kernel

C) FAQ
    c1) Windows tells me "Unrecognized device (code 42)" and ODIN OC doesn't see my phone
    c2) How do I install the EL29 AIO?
    c3) How do I run Auto Root, ODIN OneClick, or ODIN on Mac?
    It comes with busybox.
    No, that is not normal. The only one that should take a long time is factoryfs.img.

By the time it is flashing data.img, everything has been flashed except for modem (and of course /data)

Is the progress bar still moving on the screen?
    The tar packages are meant to be as close to stock as possible. I only integrated root into them because Samsung blocked the zergrush exploit.

If I integrated EL29+CWM into this package, then flashing it would give you a yellow triangle and increase your flash count. It isn't that much effort to do so, it just has that undesirable side-effect.

So basically the way I package these is you get stock everything, except a rooted ROM. This won't trigger a yellow triangle nor will it increase your ODIN flash count.

Then you just go to the Auto Root package and choose Option C to install CWM (also without triggering yellow triangle and not increasing flash count)

I usually integrate in chris41g's stock+CWM into the Auto Root package, but he hasn't released one for EL29 yet.

In the mean time, you could either
    1) use EL26+CWM and when you are done with CWM, switch back to EL29 (assuming you want the EL29 kernel)
    2) run EL26+CWM (or any kernel+CWM) with EL29 modem/ROM
    3) use the generic zImage/BootImg install feature of the Auto Root package to install EL29+RogueCWM from this thread. You basically extract the zImage from that zip file and place it in the copy2sd\000root directory (of the auto root package), then choose Option C and Install Generic BootImg.