new google maps causes reboot

Search This thread

thatsricci

Nov 28, 2011
Issues with latest google maps on our rezounds causing random reboots

Uninstalled updates to the maps app to resolve issues for now.

(original post)
Hey all, Haven't had any problems with the 605.12 ruu and google maps until I updated the google maps app today...

When I'm on latitude and scrolling through friends, the phone suddenly reboots... it's happened to me twice now.

Anybody else having new google maps issues?

Thanks!

EDIT1: Even happens when not using latitude... after about 20 seconds of navigating around the app it just reboots... even the settings screen inside of maps...

EDIT2: trying to clear cache/data and rebooting now to give it another go.

EDIT3: Still reboots... just loading the app and letting it sit for 20 seconds... nets a complete system reboot.

Last edited:
Reactions: texascbx

Kelton Rivas

May 28, 2012
I actually noticed this about an hour ago; it happens to me, too. I was going to make a topic about it, but several people already have.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

mxair2001

Jul 19, 2011
Thankfully I'm not the only one this is happening to. Just had my phone replaced a few days ago and was beginning to think they sent me another bad one.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

chaos254

Mar 4, 2011
Settings>Apps>Google maps>uninstall updates

This will fix the issue until they update the app. Had to do this on my rezound and the wifes

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

ClockerXP

Sep 22, 2011
No issue here.....running ReZone Blue

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Um. I mean I DO have the issue....

tbcurtis

Jan 20, 2009
www.trentcurtis.com
I noticed mine rebooting while trying to do a google maps update. Went to Settings -> Apps -> Maps -> Tap Clear Data, Clear Cache, & Clear Defaults. Go to Market and ensure Maps is updated to latest version. Rebooting went away for me! Hope this helps. I'm running the new radio on stock ICS with amon-ra, SuperUser, and S-On. Hope this helps!

smartens82

Jul 27, 2010
I noticed mine rebooting while trying to do a google maps update. Went to Settings -> Apps -> Maps -> Tap Clear Data, Clear Cache, & Clear Defaults. Go to Market and ensure Maps is updated to latest version. Rebooting went away for me! Hope this helps. I'm running the new radio on stock ICS with amon-ra, SuperUser, and S-On. Hope this helps!

Worked for me

a.mcdear

May 20, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

This worked great for me until I opened up Latitude. While in settings to configure the location settings, it restarted again. Now its doing it randomly all over again.

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
2 min and no reboot.
a6fa2478-5075-94ec.jpg

Can someone send me a logcat of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone...

griesmonkey

Aug 23, 2011
Mine restarts every time as well. Looking at the log I see an

"Unknown permission com.android.providers.im.permission.READ_ONLY in package com.google.adroid.apps.maps".

Thats just one of them. Others start with

"no longer want...Friendservice (pid18334):hidden #16, adj=11"

"Start proc com.google....."

No clue if this helps.

a.mcdear

May 20, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
i need more logs. if anyone else would like to send them to me in a pm that would be awesome.

make sure you tell me what rom you are using

thx

Here ya go, its attached.

Logcat kept outputting data even after the device appeared to have crashed, so I unplugged the cable to prevent any relevant data from getting overwritten. After you see
Code:
D/OpenGLRenderer( 7376): GL error from OpenGLRenderer: 0x501
that means I've unplugged the device.
The ROM I'm using is based on the original 4.0.1 leak, but its actually so far from stock that I don't even know what to tell you really.. but that shouldn't matter... the problem seems to persist along several phones, not just Rezounds. I'm guessing it has something to do with Sense.

Attachments

• logcat_maps_error.txt
    18.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: SynisterWolf

phuckwithfire

Dec 31, 2010
SL,UT

So far, this is working for me, as well.

Reactions: SynisterWolf

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Going back to 6.9 helped for me...however, I couldn't just remove the update because I installed fresh from the market on a clean ROM. Here's the link that worked for me to get 6.9.0:

Google Maps 6.9.0 apk

Source: http://www.iapktop.com/google-maps-6-9-0-build609001403.html (be sure to download from them, NOT the link to the play store)

I flashed it twice like what is recommended for custom ROMs and did a factory reset from the stock recovery to be sure. It wiped my internal SD clean but didn't touch the good stuff on my external. My phone has never run smoother in a stock condition and everything works properly. I unlocked and rooted with Hasoon's All in One with no issues after the flash. I can't wait for the custom ROMs to rebase to the global.

Issues with latest google maps on our rezounds causing random reboots

Uninstalled updates to the maps app to resolve issues for now.

(original post)
    Hey all, Haven't had any problems with the 605.12 ruu and google maps until I updated the google maps app today...

When I'm on latitude and scrolling through friends, the phone suddenly reboots... it's happened to me twice now.

Anybody else having new google maps issues?

Thanks!

EDIT1: Even happens when not using latitude... after about 20 seconds of navigating around the app it just reboots... even the settings screen inside of maps...

EDIT2: trying to clear cache/data and rebooting now to give it another go.

EDIT3: Still reboots... just loading the app and letting it sit for 20 seconds... nets a complete system reboot.
    i need more logs. if anyone else would like to send them to me in a pm that would be awesome.

make sure you tell me what rom you are using

thx

Here ya go, its attached.

Logcat kept outputting data even after the device appeared to have crashed, so I unplugged the cable to prevent any relevant data from getting overwritten. After you see
    Code:
    D/OpenGLRenderer( 7376): GL error from OpenGLRenderer: 0x501
    that means I've unplugged the device.
    The ROM I'm using is based on the original 4.0.1 leak, but its actually so far from stock that I don't even know what to tell you really.. but that shouldn't matter... the problem seems to persist along several phones, not just Rezounds. I'm guessing it has something to do with Sense.