[ROOT] LG Optimus Logic (LGL35G)

Search This thread

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
Update: Friday November 2nd 2012
Fixed a bad upload of the su file, must of become corrupt sorry.

Silly permission bug again, but w/e. LG should know better, from what I am told this is a recently released device. This is a long standing known issue. Lg get your sh*t together.

Directions:
unzip su.zip into the current path (directory) you are in.

adb shell

(while in adb shell)
rm /data/local/tmp/profile_calib_m
ln -s /data/local.prop /data/local/tmp/profile_calib_m
exit

adb reboot
adb wait-for-device shell

(once in the adb shell again)

echo 'ro.kernel.qemu=1' > /data/local.prop
exit

adb reboot
adb wait-for-device remount
adb push su /system/xbin/su
adb shell chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su
adb shell chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su
adb shell rm /data/local.prop
adb reboot

Once rebooted install superuser from the market:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noshufou.android.su

Attachments

• su.zip
    269.6 KB · Views: 7,098
Last edited:

kingmt01

Oct 30, 2012
Thanks for letting me watch you work & getting root for my wife's phone.

Edit: DroidHost of Androidarea51.com has made a OneClick for this phone using Jcase's root. it also installs a recovery & Superuser all at the same time.

androidarea51.com/***-all-things-
root-***-174/

Last edited:
Reactions: kathig

TechManPro

Oct 30, 2012
Help Me Please

what do you do when it says permission denied or not permitted when waiting for device, remounting, or pushing su?

Last edited:

jbach44

Jan 23, 2009
lol now all we need is someone to write different roms :>
cyanogen would be nice :> lol
thank you for rooting this phone :>

iliekandroid

Nov 2, 2012
You actually left out a step. In order to push su to the phone you have to adb remount -o rw. Otherwise it is a read-only filesystem and it cannot be pushed to the phone. Most people would probably get this, but the novices who end up with bricked phones will be angry.

Great work!

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
You actually left out a step. In order to push su to the phone you have to adb remount -o rw. Otherwise it is a read-only filesystem and it cannot be pushed to the phone. Most people would probably get this, but the novices who end up with bricked phones will be angry.

Great work!

Actually no, you are incorrect.

adb remount without the additional parameters is correct, and not possible of bricking a phone with adb remount. No novice would be angry, because there is not possible brick from this guide, as long as it is followed.

Last edited:
Reactions: kathig

NateDoggTN

Nov 6, 2012
Did not unlock my lgl35g

Yes I am a Noob... nobody likes me :cowboy:

I have exhausted every resource that I could find on this phone. I thought that this post was the answer to my problem, however it did not seem to help at all. Everything seemed as if it was working fine as I went step by step through the process. However, I rebooted my phone and there is no difference then when I started. The "su.zip" file enclosed in this post was not able to extract into the directory of my ADB client. It kept saying root already existed, but I was unable to see it in windows explorer? Is this "su.zip" a modified version of a pre-existing file in the SDK kit? I really need to unlock this phone so that I can clean up the junk. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Silly permission bug again, but w/e. LG should know better, from what I am told this is a recently released device. This is a long standing known issue. Lg get your sh*t together.

Directions:

adb shell

(while in adb shell)
exit

adb reboot

exit

adb reboot
adb reboot

Reactions: forrest89sei

Enzopreme

Aug 5, 2011
Medford
anyone know of a way to SIM unlock this device? I have AT&T and would like to use it om there, i bought it for $30 on clist thinking net 10 would work with an AT&T SIM but was wrong, any help would be appreciated...

903tex

Mar 22, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Moto G Stylus 5G
anyone know of a way to SIM unlock this device? I have AT&T and would like to use it om there, i bought it for $30 on clist thinking net 10 would work with an AT&T SIM but was wrong, any help would be appreciated...

What is weird about that is i put the sim in a iphone and it worked just fine!!! Best bet would be ebay for unlock...

kingmt01

Oct 30, 2012
I have the Net10 one that I put a Straight Talk SIM in with no problems if I can get my hands on a AT&T SIM today I'll check it out.

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

Yes I am a Noob... nobody likes me :cowboy:

I have exhausted every resource that I could find on this phone. I thought that this post was the answer to my problem, however it did not seem to help at all. Everything seemed as if it was working fine as I went step by step through the process. However, I rebooted my phone and there is no difference then when I started. The "su.zip" file enclosed in this post was not able to extract into the directory of my ADB client. It kept saying root already existed, but I was unable to see it in windows explorer? Is this "su.zip" a modified version of a pre-existing file in the SDK kit? I really need to unlock this phone so that I can clean up the junk. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:

Did you push the su binary file or the whole folder? If you pushed the whole folder you will have to remove the directory & start over.

macdova

Jan 28, 2011
how to run root

Sorry for sounding like a noob, but I am...when it comes to LG. im trying to root my homies LG optimus logic but im not sure where to run the command from. if some one could help me out on to where the zip should actullay be placed and unziped to that would be a big help, thanks. and if there is a thread already for this please hook up a link.

skyline247

Apr 17, 2009
Summerville, SC
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Anyone know of a rooted ROM

I have looked all over, but it doesn't look like a dev has created a ROM for this device. Has anyone come across one? If I knew programming I would give it a shot, but it's a mystery to me. I know that CyanogenMod 9 for the L3 (e400) works, but there is a problem with the radios, hence no cellular, wifi, or bluetooth.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Directions:

adb shell

(while in adb shell)
    exit

adb reboot

exit

adb reboot
    adb reboot

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noshufou.android.su
    Custom Rom and a one click root/cwm

Thanks to kingmt01 me and him are working on a custom rom, and one click root and cwm recovery

The One Click Root/CWM will be available on Our Site which has a dedicated page for the LG-L35G Optimus Logic, and the Custom Rom is still being worked on which will be a CWM install so Just sit back and relax and soon there will be some options for your Little Phones.
    Here is a copy of my stock rooted ROM.

androidarea51.com/***-all-things-root-***-174/
    I am PMing you a link to my rooted stock rom. Download this and unzip. Open and make sure the tar and other files are inside a folder (try naming the folder "1") and that this folder is placed in the folder clockworkmod/backup/ on the sd card. Now try to locate the backup. And restore to it. Here are the steps to restore:
    1. Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery ( shouldn't be a problem)
    2. Use the volume down button to select backup/restore rom
    3.Use power button to enter
    4.Choose restore the same way
    5.Then choose 1 and press power button

P.S. Sorry, I did not notice that inside the "clockworkmod" folder is another folder called "backup" and this is where you put the backup folder. Make sure you put the folder there, not the zip file. You have to unzip it first and then copy the folder containing the tar files to the "backup" folder. You may rename the folder you copied to 1. Note: you will need 7-zip to unzip the file that you download from my dropbox link. Good luck!

Sent from my LGL35G using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

KajDarkwind.
    You do not see a # unless you type su, which you don't use in order to root. Follow the steps provided previously by other users that have posted rooting instructions. If you have done these steps correctly, then you can get superuser from play store. This will allow you to control what has root access to your phone. Then get "root checker" app from play store. If you press the button in the app and you are prompted by superuser, press allow. If you get a successful message then you have done it right and your done!

Sent from my LGL35G using xda app-developers app

Any chance I can get a PM of this ROM?
    LGL35G /ATT/Straight talk

I spent weeks on trying to root this phone i tried this method here in abshell with android SDK and many many methods and came up with access denied or no root found errors. until I found only one version of one click that root my lg35g / gingerbread. that was superoneclick-1.6.5 it rooted my phone in a matter of seconds . So i thought i would share that so maybe i could save somebody a whole lot of time and headaches.Its kinda hard to find someone with the program to download but it well worth the search. I am attaching a download of the program