[Discussion] Battery Killers

Search This thread

toshibathomas

Apr 30, 2011
We all want good battery life, that is a given. With the large batteries and the optimized operating systems versions most of us are running today, we all should have it. But often times we don't, why not? Apps with services causing wake lock issues are often to blame. So, I wanted to start this thread to post all apps we have found to either avoid or with workarounds to prevent bad battery life from ensuing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Qas.

May 7, 2010
Manchester
We all want good battery life, that is a given. With the large batteries and the optimized operating systems versions most of us are running today, we all should have it. But often times we don't, why not? Apps with services causing wake lock issues are often to blame. So, I wanted to start this thread to post all apps we have found to either avoid or with workarounds to prevent bad battery life from ensuing.

Greenify, Disable Services...Need root though I think

Scripts

Dec 14, 2013
Make sure no apps are running in the background, if you're not gonna be using your phone for a few hours turn your brightness to the lowest possible, make sure your screen shuts off in less settings ect.

Sent from ALCATEL One Touch Fierce

Cyboy

Jul 2, 2013
Is it a 'to kill' or 'most wanted' list bro? How many $'s will be paid?LOL.. :p
Ok, as u can search in xda , there are alot of posts ppl complaining about some cpu and battery hunger background processes and apps .
In my case these was built in "download manager " and "audio effect service".
I removed the 2nd one permanently!
So?

Last edited:

robrobbbbb

Jan 6, 2014
Madrid
facebook...it consumes about 20% of my battery even without opening it once

unistalled it, no actual need of checking it on the phone

Badbob117

Jan 6, 2014
Montreal
Wifi, Scrreen brightness, Auto sync, GPS and games in general seem to be the big culkprits for my battery draining. Even simple things like turning auto rotate off can help a tiny bit for performance and battery life. Limiting your amount of active widgets and screens animations on your fancy launcher can cut down as well on battery and performance. Certain IM apps like facebook chat, skype, and a ton of others will kill your device fast. Google + is known to be a bandwidth hog and batttery killer. I noticed when im browsiing youtube simple things like turning off hd will dramatically help improve battery life because your network is not sucking as much bandwidth.

There is all kinds of stuff to do . It is a constant battle. :)

Sanchito731

May 30, 2011
Like many have said, apps running in the background are the main culprits of a shirt battery life. Unless you feel those apps are truly essential I recommend uninstalling those apps.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

maches

Feb 13, 2013
Using greenify like most of you guys. Yesterday I installed lux lite on a new custom ROM and noticed it was responsible for about 25% of my battery usage over about an hour with the screen on. Anyone with experience with this app know if this is normal behavior?

flightwatch

Jun 2, 2013
San Angelo, TX
Using greenify like most of you guys. Yesterday I installed lux lite on a new custom ROM and noticed it was responsible for about 25% of my battery usage over about an hour with the screen on. Anyone with experience with this app know if this is normal behavior?

No issues with lux lite here. I got the paid version and the dusk/night features are great

SpikaDevTeam

Feb 4, 2014
USB Chargers

I don't know if anyone realizes this, but what I have experienced with my phones(from Nexus One - Nexus 4) I have noticed when I charge my phone through a computer the battery seems to go out faster. When I connect it directly to power it lasts much longer.

Has anyone else noticed this"?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't trust apps that "save" battery. I use this tips and tricks:

-Disable auto-sync
    -Disable GPS (even I don't know if this consumes battery)
    -Disable NFC (I never use it)
    -Disable bluetooth
    -Disable auto-updates and notifications in playstore
    -Disable Networks notification in wireless settings
    -Set "Keep Wi-Fi only when plugged in"
    -Enable "Avoid poor connections" in wireless settings
    -Enable auto-brightness
    -Enable airplane mode when I'm sleeping or working.

:victory:
    Hey everyone .. does Avast antivirus Battery Killer ?

I was using it for Galaxy S plus .. I dont know whats the problem. even phone works slow.

Definitely causes more of a inconvience more than it can help. You don't need that app.

"Cataclysm + ElementalX [Tap2Wake Enabled] + Dalvik/Bionic Patches + Exposed + Gravity Box & Candy shop Mods + DPI 440 + Apex Launcher w/ Morena Icons + Jishnu's Camera Mod/LG G2 Camera Port + Latest GPU Drivers + -75 UV Across The Board + 4 OC Cores @ 2.226 GHz + TWRP" My Nexus Is The ?,┌П┐[◣_◢]┌П┐!