UK Xperia Z Ultra Users Have You Got 4.3 Yet?

Search This thread

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
So what is the difference between uk and Central Europe firmware would it affect anything for future updates etc.

H786

Mar 18, 2009
So what is the difference between uk and Central Europe firmware would it affect anything for future updates etc.

i dont know myself... i just prefer to have a uk firmware over a CE one because i feel that CE might have stuff customised for the EU area whereas UK will only have its own unbranded stuff... thats just my guess lol... the other thing is because im from london, it makes sense to have a uk firmware :D

SWFlyerUK

Nov 9, 2010
Like I mentioned previously, I've been unable to flash any 4.3 firmware that has booted.

Perhaps I shpuld wipe data?

H786

Mar 18, 2009
Like I mentioned previously, I've been unable to flash any 4.3 firmware that has booted.

Perhaps I shpuld wipe data?

want me to try? its always best to leave all 3 boxes checked in FlashTool and just start from scratch... atleast you wont end up with problems later on down the line... i've always followed that rule and NEVER had a single problem in my lifetime with any of these phones :)

Last edited:

SWFlyerUK

Nov 9, 2010
want me to try? its always best to leave all 3 boxes checked in FlashTool and just start from scratch... atleast you wont end up with problems later on down the line... i've always followed that rule and NEVER had a single problem in my lifetime with any of these phones :)

Would you mind, please?

I tried both Singapore and Central Europe for C6833.

jongilluley

Mar 19, 2008
Just updated my UK O2 Z Ultra to 4.3 using sony pc companion... Runs a lot smoother but will wait a see if it gets bogged down after a bit if usage....

Was gonna root but can't unlock bootloader :'(

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sammyballoo

Apr 30, 2011
Unbranded UK Z Ultra receives update

Just so you know, my Z Ultra now has 4.3 update installing. No OTA notification (I made it check) but plugged into PC Companion and update was available

Reactions: jah

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
Just updated my UK O2 Z Ultra to 4.3 using sony pc companion... Runs a lot smoother but will wait a see if it gets bogged down after a bit if usage....

Was gonna root but can't unlock bootloader :'(

Wtf? I'm on O2 also and still waiting... You lucky lucky....

Edit.... Ah, there it is!

Last edited:

rob.sparrow.logins

Jan 9, 2014
O2 4.3 upgrade removes 4g

Anyone else had this issue. My phone updated from the Sony updater to version 4.3 on O2 and I lost all my 4g settings. Having called customer services, the options seem to be from them - flash your phone voiding your warranty and downgrade the system again or send it off without a replacement for 5-10 days for them to do so.

Will probably flash but does anyone know if that actually fixes the issues? Anyone else with the same problem or do all O2 upgraders still have their 4g?

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
Anyone else had this issue. My phone updated from the Sony updater to version 4.3 on O2 and I lost all my 4g settings. Having called customer services, the options seem to be from them - flash your phone voiding your warranty and downgrade the system again or send it off without a replacement for 5-10 days for them to do so.

Will probably flash but does anyone know if that actually fixes the issues? Anyone else with the same problem or do all O2 upgraders still have their 4g?

Flashing your phone doesn't void warranty, just do a full backup before you flash so you can revert if need be. I'd recommend flashing the UK unbranded version with flashtool (check the rom depository by @hamdogg). I flashed it (am on O2 UK also) and it retained all settings and apps and have had no issues whatsoever, in fact it's running smoother than ever and ghost clicks are gone.

Before you do that though it's worth going to settings/more/Internet settings and see if that corrects it. O2 customer services are not at all tech savvy, and their technical department miss some things too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unbranded UK Z Ultra receives update

Just so you know, my Z Ultra now has 4.3 update installing. No OTA notification (I made it check) but plugged into PC Companion and update was available