[Q] Stock VS AOSP

Search This thread

littledude565

Mar 14, 2011
London
Hey all, I've currently got the standard Tab 2 and I was gonna wipe it and I was wondering if it would be worth flashing a aosp rom instead of stock. Is there much of a speed difference?

G

GuestK0058

Definitely. For me stock was laggy and very slow. CyanogenMod (and other AOSP based roms) are very fast.
If you're only using your tablet for Internet, Email & Candy Crush. Stock is ok. But if you want to tweak and play high end games you should definitely consider using a AOSP rom.

littledude565

Mar 14, 2011
London
That's pretty much what I was expecting to hear. I wanna start using it for note taking and stuff so I might just root and install an AOSP. What rom would you recommend?

Neosaurus

Feb 9, 2014
Definitely. For me stock was laggy and very slow. CyanogenMod (and other AOSP based roms) are very fast.
If you're only using your tablet for Internet, Email & Candy Crush. Stock is ok. But if you want to tweak and play high end games you should definitely consider using a AOSP rom.

Also improves battery life significantly... :D

Sent from my P3110 running CM10.1.3 on the XDA Premium HD app.

tolux77

Jan 26, 2014
Aosp ROMs are much better, fewer bloatwares, improved kernels, smoother ROM - you can even over clock your processor and all in all, more control over your device

Shivam Kumar Jha

Dec 28, 2013
Hyderabad
Hey all, I've currently got the standard Tab 2 and I was gonna wipe it and I was wondering if it would be worth flashing a aosp rom instead of stock. Is there much of a speed difference?
since our device P3100 doesnt have much RAM and Processor is only 1GHz I recommend u try AOSP rom.
They are v.fast and there are many options to customize it as per needs.