Switching from WinMo to Android (EVO) A few questions

Search This thread

v6ttgnx

Jul 30, 2007
Hello to all, I've had MANY WinMo phones (8125,8525,8925,Fuze,HD, and lastly HD2)

There are a few applications that I feel were awesome to have:
--> PIM (saves all your contacts and appointments)
--> and recently the XDA settings exporter/importer ( It saved all your setting basically)

These applications made it easier to re-set up the phone after you had flashed a new ROM, will these types of apps be available to help cross over from WinMo to Android? Especially when you flash a new ROM on the EVO

Also, do the apps save themselves to the memory card on the phone in-case your needs a hard-reset?

zafayar

Aug 4, 2008
OnePlus 7T Pro
Hello to all, I've had MANY WinMo phones (8125,8525,8925,Fuze,HD, and lastly HD2)

There are a few applications that I feel were awesome to have:
--> PIM (saves all your contacts and appointments)
--> and recently the XDA settings exporter/importer ( It saved all your setting basically)

These applications made it easier to re-set up the phone after you had flashed a new ROM, will these types of apps be available to help cross over from WinMo to Android? Especially when you flash a new ROM on the EVO

Also, do the apps save themselves to the memory card on the phone in-case your needs a hard-reset?

Well, there is an App for that ... (ducks...).. I use MyBackup Pro which does pretty much the same thing as PIM Backup on WinMo. It can backup content (Contacts, SMS etc) in the cloud and applications on the SD Card. It is not a free app, but worth the cost. There are other apps that do the same things - use the market to find them.

Also if you are gmail user, your appointments are managed in google calendar, so you do not need to back them up.

Hope this helps

darthg0d

Aug 6, 2007
All your contacts and calendar events are in the cloud. GMail and Google Calendar. You flash a new ROM and then sign-in in the new ROM using you google id, and you will 'magically' get all your contacts and events.

You don't need any apps for that.

uultramann

Nov 2, 2006
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
yeah, dude. Move all your contacts and calendar entries to Google. If you haven't already, create a Gmail address. I can't tell you the last time I had to sync my phone to my computer using outlook. Everything is on a cloud now, so get a cloud. Flash a ROM, enter your Google Account user/pass, and BAM! Everything is back (save for apps, though depending on the ROM, that will restore, too).

Best part, Google Clouds are free! :)

DomSim

Sep 24, 2008
root, and flash cyanogenmod 6 rom. then all your contacts, calander and apps will restore when you sign into google!

*gushes* boy how i love you google. how did i manage all those years with without you on winmo?

ps, check out titanium backup if you do not want to jump to a froyo rom. if you root it can backup practically everything and a ton still even if you do not root. there is a free and paid version. paid version is just faster and one click restores.

pss this shouldnt be in the development section, should be in q&a

Last edited: