[ROM][KK-4.4][UNOFFICIAL] LegacyCarbon 4.4 \\ Beta \\ Performing \\ Daily Driver \\

Search This thread

CedArctic

Jun 11, 2012
XzinYIT.png

About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features
Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously. But here is one for now:
Here are just a few of our features:

------ Almost none of the features are included at the moment. Hopefully newer nightlies will include them, thanks for the patience :) -----

Android 4.4
Logo2menu
PIE
Halo
AOKP Ribbons
Comprehensive speed enhancements, including Linaro -O3 and processor-specific optimizations
Unofficial Voodoo Sound support on Note 2 and i9300 devices.
Option to hide lockscreen hints
Carousel lockscreen
Customizable lockscreen buttons and sliders
Chronus clock widget
Customizable hardware and software keys
Transparent navbar and status bar
Customizable navbar ring
Navbar arrow keys
Navigation bar widgets
Customizable power menu
Notification power widget
Notification brightness adjustment
Customizable quicksettings panel
Statusbar mods including center clock and color
LCD Density
Theme engine
Quiet hours
Volume rocker music controls
Full Rotation
Customizable battery and notification light
More that haven't even been mentioned, and more to come!

Screenshots

Comming Soon ;)

Changelog

You can also find a changelog in Settings->Carbon->About Carbon

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon! Donate here to team Carbon.

Root :)
To get root just install Superuser after a fresh install through Play Store ;)

Bugs :(
Ringtone on some handsets
Data on some handsets - weirdly mine appears to be working :eek:
Stock Browser - Chrome works fine
Any other bug in MustavaalKosta's unoficial CM11 builds...
You PM me to report any other bug ;)

Downloads:

Carbon 4.4 - Build 2 - New release

Google Apps for Android 4.4
Inspiremod - Install if you have an Inspire 4G

Credits:

coderzs for building the great ROM for the HTC Glacier
The Pear Crew Team
Mustaavalkosta for the support in all of my developer career (Small one LOL! ) and for providing the ROM and kernel base :)
Akateha
Paparigas :D
Google
CyanogenMod
My family for the support
The XDA community for supporting and answering to all my n00b questions
HTC
Sony Ericsson
Everyone mentioned in the original ROM's thread
The CWM Recovery Project
glevitan for helping me get started with my device
Rizal Lovins
kristiancarl

Last edited:

Nyt_Wolf

Nov 10, 2013
Cape Town
Screenshot problems?

Awesome work CedArctic!!

First "Stable" working ROM of Kit Kat to role out :good:
However just one question, other than the SuperUser bypass (flashing the zip after installation) do screenshots work?
It was also a problem in Randomblame's taktiK and Mustaavalkosta's CM11 builds.

Thanks again :good:

CedArctic

Jun 11, 2012
ringtone doesn't work
stoke browser black screen
can't find halo settings ?!!

someone give me a gapp link -,-"
other than that it's stable , smooth fast ,, good job
Hmm OK reverted to beta stage after this. I briefelly tested and weirdly data was working :eek: . Anyways I will hopefully fix all the bugs by Thanks Giving... thanks for the feedback guys ;)

CedArctic

Jun 11, 2012
Hmm OK reverted to beta stage after this. I briefelly tested and weirdly data was working :eek: . Anyways I will hopefully fix all the bugs by Thanks Giving... thanks for the feedback guys ;)
Yeah the features need updating but they will be included as soon as the new nightlies roll out... thanks for noting it ;)

CedArctic

Jun 11, 2012
Missing features up to now it's just modified AOSP to the Carbon measures and premods in order to integrate more features in later nightlies... :(

-SmOgER

Last edited:
Reactions: MFZ22 and KalZakath

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You mean @randomblame or @Mustaavalkosta will fix the bugs on their 4.4 ROMS and you will use those fixes then? ;)

Yeah probably unless I come up with a fix... on 4.3.1 some of my ROMs had working data unlike the latest beta from randomblame which didn;t have working data ;) (I think-not really sure about the last one ;) )

For all I care, it doesn't matter who fixes things as long as they get fixed and patches stay open source so everyone can benefit from them. The more people we have interested in fixing stuff for the common good the better for everyone. Personally, I wouldn't get much done without others' public contributions. Even when those can't be directly applied to fix something they are a great source for new ideas. :highfive:

Not to be completely off-topic, it's great to see yet another 4.4 ROM for ace. :good:
    XzinYIT.png

About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features
    Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously. But here is one for now:
    Here are just a few of our features:

------ Almost none of the features are included at the moment. Hopefully newer nightlies will include them, thanks for the patience :) -----

Android 4.4
    Logo2menu
    PIE
    Halo
    AOKP Ribbons
    Comprehensive speed enhancements, including Linaro -O3 and processor-specific optimizations
    Unofficial Voodoo Sound support on Note 2 and i9300 devices.
    Option to hide lockscreen hints
    Carousel lockscreen
    Customizable lockscreen buttons and sliders
    Chronus clock widget
    Customizable hardware and software keys
    Transparent navbar and status bar
    Customizable navbar ring
    Navbar arrow keys
    Navigation bar widgets
    Customizable power menu
    Notification power widget
    Notification brightness adjustment
    Customizable quicksettings panel
    Statusbar mods including center clock and color
    LCD Density
    Theme engine
    Quiet hours
    Volume rocker music controls
    Full Rotation
    Customizable battery and notification light
    More that haven't even been mentioned, and more to come!

Screenshots

Comming Soon ;)

Changelog

You can also find a changelog in Settings->Carbon->About Carbon

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon! Donate here to team Carbon.

Root :)
    To get root just install Superuser after a fresh install through Play Store ;)

Bugs :(
    Ringtone on some handsets
    Data on some handsets - weirdly mine appears to be working :eek:
    Stock Browser - Chrome works fine
    Any other bug in MustavaalKosta's unoficial CM11 builds...
    You PM me to report any other bug ;)

Downloads:

Carbon 4.4 - Build 2 - New release

Google Apps for Android 4.4
    Inspiremod - Install if you have an Inspire 4G

Credits:

coderzs for building the great ROM for the HTC Glacier
    The Pear Crew Team
    Mustaavalkosta for the support in all of my developer career (Small one LOL! ) and for providing the ROM and kernel base :)
    Akateha
    Paparigas :D
    Google
    CyanogenMod
    My family for the support
    The XDA community for supporting and answering to all my n00b questions
    HTC
    Sony Ericsson
    Everyone mentioned in the original ROM's thread
    The CWM Recovery Project
    glevitan for helping me get started with my device
    Rizal Lovins
    kristiancarl
    For all I care, it doesn't matter who fixes things as long as they get fixed and patches stay open source so everyone can benefit from them. The more people we have interested in fixing stuff for the common good the better for everyone. Personally, I wouldn't get much done without others' public contributions. Even when those can't be directly applied to fix something they are a great source for new ideas. :highfive:

Not to be completely off-topic, it's great to see yet another 4.4 ROM for ace. :good:
    Agree. The more open-source all the devs are on the community, the longer we can get this device to live on. Great to see you MK active on the forum again. I was afraid that you weren't gonna post again since you never got CM10.2 nightlies out. It's great to see you on CM11 ;)
    Hey!!! Why don't you wanna wait and contribute to @randomblame and @Mustaavalkosta builds??? Than to rush release something that is not working... I fear the risk of bricking my phone! i love my DHD

Flashing roms wont do permanent damage to phone, bricking will happen only if you do something stupid to bootloader/radio and please dont tell anyone what to do because devs are working hard and for free to fix whatever they can and do as much as contribution as they can to bring pleasure of newer/better Roms

Wish more and more people thinking like you :good: