[Help] Moto G 4G peregrine issues

Search This thread

Ferguson35000

Aug 31, 2014
Hello,

I have followed the tutorials to unlock the bootloader of my moto G 4G : the bootloader is unlocked and I have removed the message when starting the phone with this tutorial : xdaforums.com/moto-g/4g-development/logo-remove-bootloader-unlocked-warning-t2794104

Anyway, I would like now to install a recovery CWM with this tutorial :
http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/4g-development/recovery-unofficial-cwm-6-0-5-0-t2818161

But when I do so, I have the following message on the screen of my phone : "Mismatch partition size (recovery)"

And when I boot on the bootloader then select recovery but nothing appears, just a black screen.

The status code of my bootloader is : 3 and it says "Device is unlocked".

I can boot to CWM from the computer with : fastboot boot recovery.img

but when I type : fastboot flash recovery CWM-6.0.5.0-peregrine.img I get this error.

Can someone help me please ?

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: supyo

Ferguson35000

Aug 31, 2014
Hello,

I have followed the tutorials to unlock the bootloader of my moto G 4G : the bootloader is unlocked and I have removed the message when starting the phone with this tutorial : xdaforums.com/moto-g/4g-development/logo-remove-bootloader-unlocked-warning-t2794104

http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/4g-development/recovery-unofficial-cwm-6-0-5-0-t2818161

But when I do so, I have the following message on the screen of my phone : "Mismatch partition size (recovery)"

And when I boot on the bootloader then select recovery but nothing appears, just a black screen.

but when I type : fastboot flash recovery CWM-6.0.5.0-peregrine.img I get this error.

Thank you in advance.

I'm stil stuck.

Is there anybody able to help me ?

Thank you.

UncolourTV

Aug 18, 2014
São Paulo
I'm stil stuck.

Is there anybody able to help me ?

Thank you.

I got this problem when installing CWM too. I believed the problem is in this line:

fastboot flash recovery CWM-6.0.5.0-peregrine.img

instead, you could try this:

fastboot boot flash recovery CWM-6.0.5.0-peregrine.img

When I did this, it worked. Give it a try. You could also try this little program, I changed CWM to TWRP with it.

http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/4g-development/moto-g-4g-easyrecovery-toolkit-t2856710

Ferguson35000

Aug 31, 2014
I got this problem when installing CWM too. I believed the problem is in this line:

instead, you could try this:

fastboot boot flash recovery CWM-6.0.5.0-peregrine.img

When I did this, it worked. Give it a try. You could also try this little program, I changed CWM to TWRP with it.

http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/4g-development/moto-g-4g-easyrecovery-toolkit-t2856710

Hello Hello,

Thank you for answering.

The command : fastboot boot flash recovery CWM-6.0.5.0-peregrine.img doesn't work because there is too much arguments. It gives me that answer :
cannot load 'flash': No such file or directory

I retried the right command but still the same problem.

I also tried the small program given by this URL on linux : http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/4g-development/moto-g-4g-easyrecovery-toolkit-t2856710
My computer under Ubuntu fails to recognize the device. The device shown is empty.

I will try it on windows then come back here to tell you what happened.

Ferguson35000

Aug 31, 2014
Hello Hello,

Thank you for answering.

The command : fastboot boot flash recovery CWM-6.0.5.0-peregrine.img doesn't work because there is too much arguments. It gives me that answer :
cannot load 'flash': No such file or directory

I retried the right command but still the same problem.

I also tried the small program given by this URL on linux : http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/4g-development/moto-g-4g-easyrecovery-toolkit-t2856710
My computer under Ubuntu fails to recognize the device. The device shown is empty.

I will try it on windows then come back here to tell you what happened.

I have the same issue with this program under linux or windows, it doesn't recognize my device. I have activated USB debug, tried under bootloader or with the phone normally started but nothing better.

only fastboot boot recovery.img works. :(

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
You have to flash the recovery with mfastboot from motorola when flashing partitions else you will get the size mismatched error.

Standard fastboot is only good for basic things such as getvar etc.

Always flash with mfastboot and it will not error out.

So the command will then be mfastboot flash recovery CWM-6.0.5.0-peregrine.img which should then work without issues

Ferguson35000

Aug 31, 2014
You have to flash the recovery with mfastboot from motorola when flashing partitions else you will get the size mismatched error.

Standard fastboot is only good for basic things such as getvar etc.

Always flash with mfastboot and it will not error out.

So the command will then be mfastboot flash recovery CWM-6.0.5.0-peregrine.img which should then work without issues

Thank you for answering.

I will try this then come back.

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
Have you tried going back to a stock 4.4.4 if you have ota'd to 4.4.4 you need 4.4.4 stock image.

Ferguson35000

Aug 31, 2014
Have you tried going back to a stock 4.4.4 if you have ota'd to 4.4.4 you need 4.4.4 stock image.

Hello, I have bought the phone less than one month ago.

It was directly on 4.4.4 after unpacking.

Have you tried renaming the CWM file? Maybe the "-" are a problem although I highly doubt it. Did you try re downloading the file? Running the command window as an administrator? Last resort, you could use TWRP, I'm running on this currently and haven't had any problems installing/flashing ROMs with it and imo prefer it over CWM.

I have tried both and they both have the same problem :/ CWM as well as TWRP...

Still no idea what happens.

Last edited:

kosamuky

Oct 27, 2014
same problem

I got the same problem using mac..
Impossible to install cwm or twrp also.. i cannot enter in the recovery mode any more
the boot loader is unlocked. I don't know whats going on

Ferguson35000

Aug 31, 2014
I got the same problem using mac..
Impossible to install cwm or twrp also.. i cannot enter in the recovery mode any more
the boot loader is unlocked. I don't know whats going on

Did you find any solutions for this ?

I'm still stuck :(

Is it normal when entering the bootloader to have the message :

"Device is UNLOCKED. Status code: 3 "

Is it the right status code ?

Thank you :)

bennythedip

Mar 10, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Back to stock

Did you find any solutions for this ?

I'm still stuck :(

Is it normal when entering the bootloader to have the message :

"Device is UNLOCKED. Status code: 3 "

Is it the right status code ?

Thank you :)

Yes its normal if you have unlocked your bootloader

To get back to stock, download a stock Fw for your device model and region, you can find a link for one if you enter the moto g section of this site and head to moto 4g lte android development section (only section specifically for peregrine model) unpack the fw files into your fastboot directory (windows) reboot your phone to fastboot mode (where u saw the status code) then press control + shift + right click to launch a command prompt window here (from within fastboot directory in windows) then copy and paste these fastboot commands 1 by 1 pressing enter each time until compete.

mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot erase userdata
mfastboot reboot

Last edited:

Ferguson35000

Aug 31, 2014
So you mean, it is compulsory to have stock ROM in order to install the recovery ?

Because my problem is not to return to stock, it is to install a proper recovery (CWM or TWRP) in order to boot on it without my computer.

Thanks for your help :)

bennythedip

Mar 10, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
No but I think your problem is you have corrupt the recovery partition size maybe through bad flash or something so ur unable now to flash a recovery as the partition size is for different device or damaged and flashing cwm will no longer work as the cwm image is too big or too small for the allocation assigned to it as the devices core partition table has changed (can happen when u flash something for the falcon when you have a peregrine), I would flash back to stock via that method to restore to stock partition sizes and then reroot and flash cwm again after, just a guess from my own understanding.

Sent from my XT1039 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferguson35000

cd492

Oct 20, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Guys I had the same trouble installing the recovery with the mismatched partition size message. This message is normal and the recovery is already installed on your device. The problem i had when selecting the recovery with the following black screen was that I used the Power Button instead of the up Button. :eek:

5) using volume down scroll to recovery and then use volume up to select

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys I had the same trouble installing the recovery with the mismatched partition size message. This message is normal and the recovery is already installed on your device. The problem i had when selecting the recovery with the following black screen was that I used the Power Button instead of the up Button. :eek:

5) using volume down scroll to recovery and then use volume up to select
    Hello,

Thank you in advance.
    No but I think your problem is you have corrupt the recovery partition size maybe through bad flash or something so ur unable now to flash a recovery as the partition size is for different device or damaged and flashing cwm will no longer work as the cwm image is too big or too small for the allocation assigned to it as the devices core partition table has changed (can happen when u flash something for the falcon when you have a peregrine), I would flash back to stock via that method to restore to stock partition sizes and then reroot and flash cwm again after, just a guess from my own understanding.

Sent from my XT1039 using XDA Free mobile app