Dont Put Your Z3 On A Smooth Surface

Search This thread
I got my new Xperia Z3 today and after it fell off the table twice in half an hour I wondered why. I discovered that the Z3 has a very smooth finish and it creates some type of static electricity pocket and makes the device move if it is put on a smooth surface life a smooth table with a plain peace of paper. this video is not a trick. I kept the screen on so you can see that I am not calling the phone on vibrate.

hanime

Aug 10, 2013
Nothing new really. Must have been a slip system somewhere in there.

whitigir

Oct 15, 2013
It is true. I can confirm this...as the fact that I broke my Z3 screen by it moving on it's own....cursed fate.....

I spent my money for a new phone to replace it. Went and tried out several phones...nothing could play music as good as Z3. I ended up with Z3 tablet compact. Tmobile US networks is working out flawlessly.

Buy a cover for your Z3. It deserves it....don't be like me :good: :crying:

abhinav.tella

Jan 8, 2011
Minneapolis
After hearing of the guy whose phone slid off while ringing and shattered, a while back I have become a bit more careful. I guess we can't take it for granted that we can leave it anywhere lol. A few must suffer so the rest can realize.;)

Bansheleh

Oct 26, 2014
This happened to me and the back glass panel is absolutely destroyed.

Sent from my D6603 using XDA Free mobile app

admad

Dec 27, 2010
That's true, Z3 back is ridiculously slippery, that's why I bought a foil for the back, it's still slippery but no way near the level it was without it ;)

alexpraga

Mar 18, 2009
mine also tried to take its own life a few nights ago by diving from the bedside table.

It’s ok, no physical damage, but it's somehow psychological affected and cannot be left alone on any smooth surface...

Sent from my Xperia Z, III

dante2086

Oct 29, 2010
Abuja
I noticed this on the first day I got the phone. I put it on my bed side drawer as I was about to sleep, I close my eyes, next thing I hear is "THWACK!!!". Open my eyes, phone is on the floor, thankfully, no damage. I though maybe something had caused that, then another day, same sequence of events, phone survived again. I wasn't sure initially becuase I didn't have this issue with my Z1 or Z2, so I put the phone on the drawer again and watched and lo and behold, the phone was slowly but surely doing the Moonwalker. Now when I put the phone on "suspicious" surfaces, I always make sure it's in it's slip in case.

SONiX-GERMANY

Mar 11, 2013
Same here. It's like a hovercraft. Bought a Case and now it's safe. ;)

Sent from my K00L using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts