[ALL Variants] Update / Restore to Stock your LG G3

Search This thread

JkdJedi

Oct 8, 2010
Coachella
I've still had no luck getting my phone out of this brick... when i hold the power button it vibrates and displays the LG bootlogo and a boot error message in the top left of the screen. From there the screen turns off and the notification led flashes blue and red. Hope this helps in some way.. if not I am playing dumb and telling Verizon it "broke" Not like they know anything any way haha:p

To be honest it sounds like it did break, it shouldn't be doing all that and that's why we pay insurance for right? They'll be happy to send you a new phone, go for it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

btort1

Oct 20, 2013
Is this safe to return to stock with these files and send the phone back to lg for warranty repairs?

DE52

Aug 1, 2013
Montreal
Is this safe to return to stock with these files and send the phone back to lg for warranty repairs?
Yup, restored to stock with these files back in December and worked just fine for the warranty repair (they didn't mention anything about mods nor did I pay anything because I voided the warranty since I had flashed a ROM and such).

Reactions: btort1

btort1

Oct 20, 2013
thanks, this is actually the 2nd time I got it sent to warranty repair. First time it wouldn't even go to download mode or turn on. When I got it back, all of a sudden LTE stopped working even though I tried everything that was mentioned on XDA. Just kept giving me edge....tried my sim in another g3 and lte worked fine

tyiphius

Sep 8, 2011
Does anyone happy to have/ know where to get the .tot file for the US Cellular G3?
Mine is bricked and I need the .tot file in order to flash my phone with LG FlashTool, I can't seem to find it anywhere.

An0nYm0u5.bat

Jul 7, 2014
As am I. I can't find the AS990a file ANYWHERE.. am about to give up. All from not paying attention and replacing my build.prop file with the wrong edit... God what a noob mistake to make... And I do this sh.. for a living. Sad...

Reactions: RandomPooka

parmar.saab

Jun 7, 2008
Punjab
I have a D851 that I need to send in for repairs. I currently have TWRP installed and am running a custom ROM. Is it safe to use this method to restore to stock? (The main reason why I'm asking is because the files in the folder are for 10c, which I believe is KitKat, rather than Lollipop.)

DE52

Aug 1, 2013
Montreal
I have a D851 that I need to send in for repairs. I currently have TWRP installed and am running a custom ROM. Is it safe to use this method to restore to stock? (The main reason why I'm asking is because the files in the folder are for 10c, which I believe is KitKat, rather than Lollipop.)
Any KDZ or TOT with v10blabla is Kit Kat and anyone with v20blabla is lollipop, so you're indeed correct. Yes this method is safe. It will overwrite everything, so it doesn't matter what you have installed. The only way it is dangerous is if you disconnect the phone during the process (at times when you're not suppose to). Otherwise, I've sent my phone in after using this method and no issues with LG

sriv2102

Apr 12, 2013
so i fudged up

i happened to flash the wrong carrier on my d850 an now im brick with an all black screen is there any method i can do to revert my phone ?

MrElco17

Jul 2, 2015
Sacramento
Ive ran the flash pogram several times and have had the same error at 94% "FAIL ! ! ! Factory_BootComplete() 00000064" Pleas someone help. I need my phone ASAP. Have to use it for work and had something go wrong during root process. Files did not push and the device automatically went into download mode before I could stop it.

Ive tried reinstalling the the stock firmware and still the same error.

nightguy13

Jun 8, 2015
As am I. I can't find the AS990a file ANYWHERE.. am about to give up. All from not paying attention and replacing my build.prop file with the wrong edit... God what a noob mistake to make... And I do this sh.. for a living. Sad...
I have an ntelos as99020a lg g3. I am using lollipop5.0.1
If I could help you out let me know. I don't know anything about the android scene, except I have a ****ty model. Lol

talon66721

Mar 7, 2011
Kansas City
How do I get the driver file? Downloaded the Mega app so I could. Chose it and it gives me file not found for driver and flashtool both. What gives? Thanks.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using XDA Free mobile app

NoWarranty

Aug 27, 2015
Hello guys, I'm new here.
After doing some research almost everywhere I can't find any succesful answer. I have a Canadian LG G3 (D852) with Virgin Mobile, but I can't find its firmware. Is it safe if I use the Bell firmware instead? They are (almost) the same carrier, no? I mean... do they use the same network? What can happen if I do so?

RalphieW

Sep 30, 2015
Hello guys, I'm new here.
After doing some research almost everywhere I can't find any succesful answer. I have a Canadian LG G3 (D852) with Virgin Mobile, but I can't find its firmware. Is it safe if I use the Bell firmware instead? They are (almost) the same carrier, no? I mean... do they use the same network? What can happen if I do so?

I am in the same situation with Koodo/Telus, but it seems the posted Telus KDZ image is Android 5.0.1 already, and we need to revert to 4.x to root the phone properly.

westlife2206

Nov 19, 2013
Please help.!
I followed the guide but the process stopped at 22%. It said that "we can't communicate with the phone". http://imgur.com/lWHbmon
Now I can't go to recovery, it booted right to the firmware update. Thanks for your help

hotcaptain

Oct 23, 2014
hi guys i flash the thing

only to have an error appearing at 99%

whats happening?

it says LGUSerCSTool LGMobile Application has stopped working

okn0tok

Sep 14, 2013
Medford
Will this work for the G3 ls990zva? I only saw zv4 in the directory. I need to restore to stock badly.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

thinhletien

Jul 10, 2008
Calgary, Canada
Fail at 94%

Mini OS boot check
Faiol to get Mini OS Status

Any help please, my G3 is D852 from Bell running stock lollipop, but after root and install custom rom, the mobile signal searching all the time with no network. Even tried to flash another custom rom.
So i decide to go back to stock rom and see whtat happen.

But i could not find the stock rom lollipop, so i use 4.4.2 stock rom, and flash. But it Fail at 94%.
On the phone screen, it displayed " Factory Reset Status 2"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here you find my new hosting space, where you'll find any Original Stuff needed to restore, for any variant...(wait if you still not find yours ;) )

FOLLOW this guide and Steps http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2475045 but using G3 files, sure ;)

p.s. Disconnect usb cable only when you see TEST 3 image on G3 (it could be 4/5 minutes before you see it) - remove battery, and restart G3.

Flashtool (last Version)

Driver

if you rehost this job in other places (for viet guys) write real source

Donate a Beer if you want to support always updated repository FW
    Sprint uses tot. We have to use the tot method, but we're getting stuck...

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

So now I'm getting stuck at the "FBOOT check" at 89%

mine gets stuck at 94% reboots to blue screen and red number 2. shortly flash tool will say it failed. fail to open port. really pissing me off now

Tried flashing the Sprint firmware but stuck with the below screen. anyone got the phone booted up from this screen. Plz do let me know. Thanks.

EDIT: I got the phone booted back up. Did a alot of browsing and found this post. The only difference is that we had to select Board DL in the flash tool. Then flash like you normally do. After the flash it will reboot and take you to AAT Mini OS 3.1 screen rather than the Factory Reset status 2 screen which we always used to get. Once here keep holding the power button and the click on the " normal boot (+power) " option. It will reboot and the phone will boot normally. Hope this helps guys. :)

Kindly press" Thanks" if i have helped :D
    any possibility you can make a better tutorial?

Here is my step by step I did to restore my verizon g3.
    Downloaded the Flashtool and drivers (i already had the drivers installed from rooting) in the OP
    Then clicke on HERE, in the OP to get my two files.
    I created a new folder on my desktop and named it restore G3.
    So for the verizon model i had 4 files. Drivers, Setup_LGFlashTool, LGVS985_20140620_LGFLASHv160_Download, and VS98510B_03.
    Install drivers, extract setup_lgflashtool, LGVS985_20140620_LGFLASHv160_Download, and VS98510B_03.
    Now in the Setup_LGFlashTool folder you need to run the Setup_LGFlashTool_1.8.6.527. Once I installed it I went to my (C: drive and opened my LG folder and replaced the MegaLock.dll with the one that came with the Setup_LGFlashTool.
    Then enter download mode and change port to (com41)
    Open the flash tool and check manual mode and the three dots by DLL click that and add LGVS985_20140620_LGFLASHv160.dll
    click the add button and put the VS98510B_03.tot
    Hit the yellow arrow then once it says ready unplug usb for 5 seconds and plug back in.
    Then, as stated in the OP, once you see the BIG 3 on your phone unplug and do a battery pull.
    Hope this helps
    :)
    Yes indeed :)

Dowloaded the .kdz file put G3 in DL mode, plugged into PC, used device manager to change port from whatever it was to 41, loaded the .kdz into LG Flash Tool 2014, used "CSE flash" left all other settings as they were and started it going..... took about 5mins and badabadabing brand new G3 again :)
    edited the first Post with hosting good news....

;)