[G1/32B] PSFreedom (v3 08/10/2010, hermes v3 payload)

Search This thread

.kAroshi

Apr 27, 2010
Hello, since there seems to be some confusion I decided to start this thread for the G1, 32B port.

For the 32A version click here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=8039074

Note that all the work on PSFreedom was done by KaKaRoTo, and he was helped by DrMon in the MSM72K port, i merely compiled their work and put it in a simple package for everyone to enjoy.

Note also that I cannot test my G1 builds myself, as I have only a Magic 32A, so please do a Nandroid backup before testing them for the first time.

I created 2 packages, an enabler and a disabler, that you have to flash over your working CM 6.0 Final installation.
Flashing the enabler will install the modded kernel and PSFreedom module. You will lose usb functionality completely (no adb, no mass storage etc.) until you flash the disabler.
After flashing the enabler the module will always start upon boot, you have to enter no commands on the terminal emulator.

[SIZE=+2]HOW TO:[/SIZE]
Preliminary: Make sure you are on CyanogenMod 6.0 Final and everything is working correctly. It has been reported that it works also with older CM6 versions and CM5 too, you may try if it works and report it in this thread. If it's the first time, do a Nandroid backup before testing!

Now psfreedom should be loaded as a module, you will see no difference, except for the loss of normal usb functions.

To run the exploit:
Make sure you are on 3.41 (DO NOT UPDATE OVER THE NETWORK!)
  • Connect the phone to the PS3 using usb
  • Turn it off completely (unplug power cable or turn off back switch on Fat models)
  • Plug it back in (turn on back switch)
  • Turn it on and immediately press the eject button (you should hear 3 quick beeps)
  • Booting should take a bit longer (5-10 seconds)

If you see two new options under the games tab, the exploit worked. You can now unplug the phone. Mind that you will have to do this procedure every time you boot your PS3.

If it doesn't work, try with another USB cable, it has been reported that the original data cable works best for this purpose.

To uninstall:
  • Boot back into recovery
  • Flash Disable_PSFreedom_G1.zip
  • Reboot
You should have usb functions back to normal.

Mirrors:
Code:
[STRIKE]Enabler: http://db.tt/XEKCdBi[/STRIKE] - Old version
Disabler: http://db.tt/QkpccHB

Code:
v0: initial release
v1: +module loaded on startup
    +created disabler
v2: updated payload (peek & poke) 
v3: resolved bootloop bug, updated PSFreedom, dynamic payload loading.

Last edited:
Reactions: vitorgatti

.kAroshi

Apr 27, 2010
Payloads

There seems to be some confusion with payloads. Attached here you will find some working ones. Unfortunately i have yet to manage to make the <3.41 payloads working, so there aren't any for now. The default one is presently the psgroove 1.1 payload.

How to change a payload:
  • Download and extract one of the payloads
  • Put it in your SD card (it could be named anyway you like, but it is usually called payload, with no extension)
  • Copy it to /data/local/ , make sure it is named 'payload', without quotes and any extension. To do this you could:
    • use a root file system explorer, such as ES file explorer or Root explorer to copy the file to /data/local, make sure it is named payload (no extensions!) OR
    • Use a terminal emulator and type: cp /sdcard/payload /data/local/payload (change /sdcard/payload accordingly to how you named it)
  • Reboot phone

How to prepare your own payloads
  • Get your payload in binary format. I'm not going to cover this part thoroughly, because any distribution (PSgroove, psfreedom, aerialx, hermes) does it differently, plus you can usually find the precompile payload minutes after the source is released. It is usually named port1_config_descriptor.bin or default_payload.... something like that.

If it is not a psfreedom payload:
  • Open it in an hex editor
  • Strip the first few bytes so that it starts with 00 00 00 00 00 00 FA CE B0 03
  • Save and name it payload (no extension)
  • Test it with the guide above

Attachments

• HermesV3.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 785
Last edited:

daduif

Jul 21, 2009
I have a HTC Dream with CM 6.0 but i need to install ebi1 to boot up else my phone freezes on the logo screen

PSfreedom zip does not allow my phone to boot up.
Is there a work around?

Phone:

Dream/CM6.0 needs EBI1 to run.
DREAM PVT 32B ENG S-OFF
HBOOT1.33.2005 DREA20000
RADIO 3.22.20.17

BolecDST

May 4, 2009
Dublin
What's the problem of creating nandroid backup and then after flashing the required kernel and booting ps3, restoring the backup? I also have problems with this kernel flashed on my g1 (ie. wifi doesn't worik) but as soon as my ps3 is jailbroken I just restore nandroid backup.

.kAroshi

Apr 27, 2010
No problem, it should just be faster using the disabler, and you won't have to backup every time.
Can anyone confirm that wifi isn't working with this release?

tplotplo

May 2, 2010
Hi
I have a 32b magic SFR, 6.0final cyano, then flashed the psfreedom zip update.
I did the terminal, it's ok.
When I boot the PS3 3.41, the boot animation froze, any idea ?
Cheers
TPLO

Last edited:

Xoti

Mar 10, 2009
can you reup the G1-Disabler link, the link gives me "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable."

and thanks for the work :)

Stryder5

Mar 2, 2009
Texas
can you reup the G1-Disabler link, the link gives me "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable."

and thanks for the work :)

Still not working for me. Btw, do you have to plugin the G1 everytime you want access to the extra menus? Or is this a one-time deal?

And can someone confirmed whether this worked or not to jailbreak your PS3 please? Thanks!

Last edited:

illusive817

Apr 7, 2009
Maryville, TN
Still not working for me. Btw, do you have to plugin the G1 everytime you want access to the extra menus? Or is this a one-time deal?

And can someone confirmed whether this worked or not to jailbreak your PS3 please? Thanks!

yes you have plug your phone in each time u want to hack the ps3 , and it does work , i tried it last night

my only question is . Is the files in here patched to play backups?

Stryder5

Mar 2, 2009
Texas

Xoti

Mar 10, 2009
Yeah please mirror the link OP.

Its still not working for alot of people heh.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay i put together a little package for psfmod (changed the psf icon to match the blue throughout, added payloads), flash it from your current recovery. reboot back to recovery again for change to take place. (amon_ra recovery will reboot automatically, in clockwork go to the advanced menu and choose reboot recovery)

when selecting a payload from sdcard you will notice in /sdcard/psfmod/payloads there are several payloads to choose from for 3.41 and 3.15 consoles.

Get it here:
    View attachment psfServiceMod-signed.zip

psfServiceMod was created by Klutsh i only changed a tiny few things and created a zip for it, i tried compiling psfMod to no avail the last day and a half.

so all thanks should be directed to klutsh. http://www.klutsh.com
    Hello, since there seems to be some confusion I decided to start this thread for the G1, 32B port.

For the 32A version click here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=8039074

Note that all the work on PSFreedom was done by KaKaRoTo, and he was helped by DrMon in the MSM72K port, i merely compiled their work and put it in a simple package for everyone to enjoy.

Note also that I cannot test my G1 builds myself, as I have only a Magic 32A, so please do a Nandroid backup before testing them for the first time.

I created 2 packages, an enabler and a disabler, that you have to flash over your working CM 6.0 Final installation.
    Flashing the enabler will install the modded kernel and PSFreedom module. You will lose usb functionality completely (no adb, no mass storage etc.) until you flash the disabler.
    After flashing the enabler the module will always start upon boot, you have to enter no commands on the terminal emulator.

[SIZE=+2]HOW TO:[/SIZE]
    Preliminary: Make sure you are on CyanogenMod 6.0 Final and everything is working correctly. It has been reported that it works also with older CM6 versions and CM5 too, you may try if it works and report it in this thread. If it's the first time, do a Nandroid backup before testing!

Now psfreedom should be loaded as a module, you will see no difference, except for the loss of normal usb functions.

To run the exploit:
    Make sure you are on 3.41 (DO NOT UPDATE OVER THE NETWORK!)
    • Connect the phone to the PS3 using usb
    • Turn it off completely (unplug power cable or turn off back switch on Fat models)
    • Plug it back in (turn on back switch)
    • Turn it on and immediately press the eject button (you should hear 3 quick beeps)
    • Booting should take a bit longer (5-10 seconds)

If you see two new options under the games tab, the exploit worked. You can now unplug the phone. Mind that you will have to do this procedure every time you boot your PS3.

If it doesn't work, try with another USB cable, it has been reported that the original data cable works best for this purpose.

To uninstall:
    • Boot back into recovery
    • Flash Disable_PSFreedom_G1.zip
    • Reboot
    You should have usb functions back to normal.

Mirrors:
    Code:
    [STRIKE]Enabler: http://db.tt/XEKCdBi[/STRIKE] - Old version
    Disabler: http://db.tt/QkpccHB

Code:
    v0: initial release
    v1: +module loaded on startup
        +created disabler
    v2: updated payload (peek & poke) 
    v3: resolved bootloop bug, updated PSFreedom, dynamic payload loading.
    I found a pre-compiled bin by Evilsperm and hex edited per the directions on the 2nd post of this thread. The hardest part was finding the .bin to hex edit.

FOR 3.41

This payload includes
    - hermesV4b
    - xeoe - PSN Support
    - ecosystem_mod - 3.50 Spoof
    - math - corrected offset

I tested it myself and it works. System Info says 3.50 and I was able to log into PSN.

Worked like a charm, Thanks!
    Here is one for people who require a 2708 kernel. Install it from recovery, reboot and run the following commands from the terminal app.

Code:
    su
    cd /system/lib/modules
    insmod psfreedom.ko jig=1
    nice work Klutsh, but why did it still need the sdcard while using the internal PL3 payload?

Cause I was lazy and left the SD-Card check in the wrong place.
    Will look at cleaning it up tomorrow.
    The code is looking horrid anyhow.
    Thanks for letting me know.