[ROM] devoid. #froyo-final

Search This thread

knzo

Nov 24, 2010
void. #forever (android 2.3.4) has been released, featuring increased performance and battery.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1125870

But I don't like my favorite community to be sad so...
I present you devoid. #froyo-final.

features:
* Crazy unbranding and deapking
* Patched hosts
* GPS settings tweaked
* Browser settings tweaked
* Build.prop tweaked
* Patched SQLite
* Ramdisk tweaked
* ZRAM support (active by default)
* Added ringtones and notifications
* Replaced boot "animation"
* Boot tweaked to be faster
* Replaced homescreen wallpaper
* Removed more useless trash
* Auto-zipalign @ boot (new@p500)
* Strict minfree handler tweak (new@p500)
* Smartass is now the default governor
* Noein's secret performance tweaks recipe
* I always forget other things, blame Moskovskaya!

And of course, kernel is FrancoKernel v15.1.
Don't flash any other kernel, only Franco's updates (v15.2, etc).

important:
* I don't attend to requests to add applications. Devoid's philosophy is to strip everything to a minimum and make sure you use the goddamn market.
* You are a community, help each other out. If someone needs a stock application which is not on the market, give him a hand.
* I won't add a powermenu or overscroll, it's easy but I'm lazy sorry.
* Want FM Radio, Calculator, Browser or Calendar? - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14598612&postcount=1554 (thanks)

instructions:
* The usual; the zip is signed and uses edify so you can flash both on cwm and amon_ra recoveries.

download:
* By clicking here you agree wholeheartedly to give me your soul as well as your fealty to me for the rest of your life (I'm not kidding).
(md5: ebc3c33536c4412fbe772bd5bf08e038 - sha1: 4316d2443e9321e351a2d04747b0527e1568db68)

* There'll be no more updates; only through franco's kernel. check out his topic.
* If you want to donate money to me, don't. donate to franco instead, he's the real star of this community.

How many souls I own? + these!

Support or any other questions will be made by twitter, I have created an account especially for this as it is easier for me to help you guys.

Last edited:

knzo

Nov 24, 2010
Thank you so much for your works. So the base for your new rom is the stock 2.2 by LG?

I'll quote myself:

However, the base is no less important. Void's core is stripped of most applications, widgets and along with its pure black theme, I couldn't think of a name for the ROM other than precisely just: void. I've also picked 2.2 for this. It's faster and as stable as 2.2.1 (since it didn't fix the SDcard unmounts).

void. -base (mandatory)
root + superuser + busybox
APKs: deodexed, zipaglined, png-optimized
Build.prop tweaked: JIT, HW:A, VM.HS
Stock kernel clocked at 600Mhz / ondemand governor
Kernel repacked in order to accept onboot tweaks
Extended APNs (won't cover the whole globe but won't be far)
Patched hosts file (will block ads as it slows down the system; however, if you like an application, always remember to support the author by donating or buying the full version)
Applications removed: almost every single one (too many to be named, but keep reading, I'll cover this soon)
Applications added: launcherPro, root explorer, doubletwist (replaces music/video player) and missed message flasher (incl/ my settings)

Before posting any problem, make sure you've read everything written above.
Any question whose answer can be found here, will be discarded or replied telling you to read everything next time.

All links updated.
Remember to check the MD5.

bioan

Jun 1, 2009
First of all I want to congratulate you for your hard work. I can call this a piece of art.

Can we tweak a little bit the status bar, and notifications ? It would be much easier to read if it was like the HTC, or Gingerbread for example.

L.E: I tried something here, don't know if it works because I haven't flashed this ROM yet.

I have modified the framework from void.theme-module.

Could you please give it a test Noejn ? (I suppose you have a emulator)

DO NOT APPLY UNTILL TESTED !!!

Attachments

• framework-res.apk
    5.7 MB · Views: 451
Last edited:

The_ERROR

Nov 13, 2010
Ostrava (mostly)
Noejn I HATE you!!!! :D WHY YOU DIDN'T COME WITH THIS GREAT STUFF ONE DAY BEFORE?

Yesterday at night I just installed Prime from Megatron because I wanted to try your second ROM even that it haven't exactly what I want same as Megatron haven't. Now, you came with this!! Why you done that to me? :mad:

Anyway, really thanks for your work!! I will definitely test it!! But I haven't time now.... :mad:

Thank you!!

Akutsito

Dec 16, 2010
Wow, this looks really awesome, if only i didnt flash and configured my device again yesterday..., this is for sure the next rom i am going to try next.

Nice job and thanks Noejn!

icsterm

Dec 12, 2010
Bucharest
Is it normal to only have 156MB free space with base only? I wiped everything before installing. Or should i have mounted everything in the recovery menu and after that wipe? :(

LE: it's fixed now. after reboot i now have 192mb with gapps + a2sd + kernel oc. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: androidbaba

dryhte

Nov 8, 2010
Interesting! I was hesitant to try Prime because I didn't want to lose all the apps you stripped from it, but here you provide a way of getting them back :) When I have a bit more time on my hands I'll try this ROM out, thanks!

EDIT: by the way, would the sapps zip also work in prime (after removing the unwanted apps)?

dryhte

Nov 8, 2010
By the way, Noejn...

If you open one of the zips (e.g. the sapps one), and remove the unwanted apks from it, will it still work? or do we have to do anything else to it? (e.g. 'zip align' or ?)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    void. #forever (android 2.3.4) has been released, featuring increased performance and battery.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1125870

But I don't like my favorite community to be sad so...
    I present you devoid. #froyo-final.

features:
    * Crazy unbranding and deapking
    * Patched hosts
    * GPS settings tweaked
    * Browser settings tweaked
    * Build.prop tweaked
    * Patched SQLite
    * Ramdisk tweaked
    * ZRAM support (active by default)
    * Added ringtones and notifications
    * Replaced boot "animation"
    * Boot tweaked to be faster
    * Replaced homescreen wallpaper
    * Removed more useless trash
    * Auto-zipalign @ boot (new@p500)
    * Strict minfree handler tweak (new@p500)
    * Smartass is now the default governor
    * Noein's secret performance tweaks recipe
    * I always forget other things, blame Moskovskaya!

And of course, kernel is FrancoKernel v15.1.
    Don't flash any other kernel, only Franco's updates (v15.2, etc).

important:
    * I don't attend to requests to add applications. Devoid's philosophy is to strip everything to a minimum and make sure you use the goddamn market.
    * You are a community, help each other out. If someone needs a stock application which is not on the market, give him a hand.
    * I won't add a powermenu or overscroll, it's easy but I'm lazy sorry.
    * Want FM Radio, Calculator, Browser or Calendar? - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14598612&postcount=1554 (thanks)

instructions:
    * The usual; the zip is signed and uses edify so you can flash both on cwm and amon_ra recoveries.

download:
    * By clicking here you agree wholeheartedly to give me your soul as well as your fealty to me for the rest of your life (I'm not kidding).
    (md5: ebc3c33536c4412fbe772bd5bf08e038 - sha1: 4316d2443e9321e351a2d04747b0527e1568db68)

* There'll be no more updates; only through franco's kernel. check out his topic.
    * If you want to donate money to me, don't. donate to franco instead, he's the real star of this community.

How many souls I own? + these!

Support or any other questions will be made by twitter, I have created an account especially for this as it is easier for me to help you guys.
    void. has been discontinued.
    it will come back when 2.3 sources are out.
    Here is fm radio and 3 esentional aps (browser, calendar and calc) I use in francos devoid. There sure will be no problem to flash it in this rom, too.